What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was.

Although I believe the Russians will be back to take Kiev if the Ukrainians keep on pushing their luck.
Both the US and its poodle the UK are pushing Ukraine not to accept a peace deal. If this happens then the only course of action open to the Russians is to take Kiev. The total occupation of the Ukraine, which I believe was never the Russian plan might be inevitable. US/Nato guiding the Ukraine to its total destruction.

BuU6mbq.gif

Maybe in the end. If Russia is able to defeat Ukrainians in the south, according to Scott, they would likely march westward and threaten Lviv with two small branches heading towards Odessa and Kiev respectively. Threatening Kiev is probably for political purpose, not a military one. Odessa, on the other hand, is valuable both militarially and psychologically. Threatening Lviv would have a big impact on NATO.
Wishful thinking.

A bigger probablibilty is, that the Ukrainians will attack the russian flank moving from the north in the direction of Donbass.

+ Sweden and Finland will join NATO and Russian won`t be able to do anything about it ;)

It has turned from bad to worst in recent years , there is no doubt now , that it it a dictatorship.

Sad thing is that democracy has not worked well for Russia from the fall of the soviet union. I think Putin in the past had it's advantage and considered , a relatively a stable responsible person.

From start he had dictator tendencies , but he certainly gave Russia stability and order , after the chaos of perestroika.

Don't know why he decided to go down in history in that manner.

~
Yeh, Very much like Israel. The Palestinians have been suffering a long time what the Ukrainians are suffering today. Evil minds think alike.

Wishful thinking.

A bigger probablibilty is, that the Ukrainians will attack the russian flank moving from the north in the direction of Donbass.

+ Sweden and Finland will join NATO and Russian won`t be able to do anything about it ;)
With what? Most if not all the armour is encircled in Donbass, if not destroyed. Increasingly you see Ukrainian troops in civilian vehicles or on foot, because their APC/IFV's have been destroyed.

Wishful thinking.

Of course. I said "if", unlike you who state some possible future events as if they are certain. You must be a hell of fortune teller.

Yeh, Very much like Israel. The Palestinians have been suffering a long time what the Ukrainians are suffering today. Evil minds think alike.
Actually a better analogy with Palestinians are those Russians who live in Ukraine in the last 8 years. And you can compare the invasion of Israel by Arab coalition with this Russian invasion of Ukraine. Arabs lost in the former. It is still uncertain about Russia yet.

Last edited:
One of the last two Ukrainian units in Mariupol, 36 marine brigade, has surrendered according to the Russians. It only leaves the Nazis in the Iliych steel plant.

My guess is that only a small Russian force is besieging them, the main force being redeployed for the major Donbass batle.

With what? Most if not all the armour is encircled in Donbass, if not destroyed. Increasingly you see Ukrainian troops in civilian vehicles or on foot, because their APC/IFV's have been destroyed.

How do you know this ?

The Russian only occupied 20% of Ukraine, why do you assume all of their APC/IFV's have been destroyed?

I think the US should be spending a $1T+ on defense. The US is still well below what it was spending during the Reagan era as a percentage of GDP.

Completing destroying the Russian Army is well worth it. It will take them many years to replace what they've lost, if ever.
US military budget is 813 billion USD next year, will probably reach 1 trillion in 5 year.
By then Germany defense budget will be about 76 billion USD. 2 pct of NATO target.

944472C0-A2EC-47FA-A7B7-88A02F081E35.png

Of course. I said "if", unlike you who state some possible future events as if they are certain. You must be a hell of fortune teller.
I said there is a bigger probability, taking into account their Perfomance.

For Finland and Sweden, most of their population is for it, so it will happen.

How do you know this ?

The Russian only occupied 20% of Ukraine, why do you assume all of their APC/IFV's have been destroyed?
Most of their armour, and possibly all of their armoured formations were in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom