What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a miracle if Ukraine is not split up. But the more russia claims the less chance there will be that it will be recognised by the west. A landlocked urkaine will fight to the end to get some of its coast back. But they might just let go of some eastern parts.

I cant see the west ever recognising Crimea as a part of russia. or indeed any coastline west of Crimea. Regardless of Ukraine agrees to.
I am not quite sure about that. Odessa area also has a lot of Russians. The memory of 39 burnt alive in Odessa union building probably still remains in people's mind.

I am not quite sure about that. Odessa area also has a lot of Russians. The memory of 39 burnt alive in Odessa union building probably still remains in people's mind.
Odessa is to close to NATO and the mouth of the Danube. The new NATO red line is waaaaaay east of Odessa. Had Ukraine fallen quickly. NATO would have reluctantly accepted this, but now, there is no way. Any Russian territorial gains will be very limited and will remain unrecognised. This will limit any future economic development. Those areas will be like Northern Cyprus or ossettia.

Odessa is to close to NATO and the mouth of the Danube. The new NATO red line is waaaaaay east of Odessa. Had Ukraine fallen quickly. NATO would have reluctantly accepted this, but now, there is no way. Any Russian territorial gains will be very limited and will remain unrecognised. This will limit any future economic development. Those areas will be like Northern Cyprus or ossettia.
New NATO red line? What is the old one?

I think the Russians have learnt their lesson and there won't be anymore unilateral withdrawals. They will keep what they liberate. Either as part of Russia or as a new Republic.

The more Ukraine fights the more territory its gonna loose.

I think the Russians have learnt their lesson and there won't be anymore unilateral withdrawals. They will keep what they liberate. Either as part of Russia or as a new Republic.

The more Ukraine fights the more territory its gonna loose.
When did Russians ever unilaterally withdraw? I know Chinese did but I have never heard of Russia doing that.

The withdrawal from around Kiev and Sumy.
That was just a maneuver. I have been following Scott Ritter lately. Despite what others have said about him, in the earliest (that I can found) interview he had about this war, which was about 2 weeks into the war, he pointed out there was no way Russia was going to take Kiev. All Russian troops there were to pin down a part of the Ukrainian troops. By destroying fuel depots and the only refinery, it would render this portion of Ukrainian military largely ineffective in reinforcing the south. Once that job is done, those Russian troops would be re-deployed to the south. If you also follow what Russian MoD updates everyday, you could see that they keep on hitting fuel depots. The later development shows Russians are doing exactly what Scott had said.

That was just a maneuver. I have been following Scott Ritter lately. Despite what others have said about him, in the earliest (that I can found) interview he had about this war, which was about 2 weeks into the war, he pointed out there was no way Russia was going to take Kiev. All Russian troops there were to pin down a part of the Ukrainian troops. By destroying fuel depots and the only refinery, it would render this portion of Ukrainian military largely ineffective in reinforcing the south. Once that job is done, those Russian troops would be re-deployed to the south. If you also follow what Russian MoD updates everyday, you could see that they keep on hitting fuel depots. The later development shows Russians are doing exactly what Scott had said.
Maybe it was.

Although I believe the Russians will be back to take Kiev if the Ukrainians keep on pushing their luck.

Maybe it was.

Although I believe the Russians will be back to take Kiev if the Ukrainians keep on pushing their luck.
Maybe in the end. If Russia is able to defeat Ukrainians in the south, according to Scott, they would likely march westward and threaten Lviv with two small branches heading towards Odessa and Kiev respectively. Threatening Kiev is probably for political purpose, not a military one. Odessa, on the other hand, is valuable both militarially and psychologically. Threatening Lviv would have a big impact on NATO.

He is quite a figure.

Sweden in the NATO will be a big boost in air defense on northern flank. Swedes with their Gripen won’t be nice to intruders.

3F997026-AA7C-4A84-9C01-702BB6723496.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom