What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for sharing this, I read the article: https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/28/europe/mariupol-mayor-ukraine-occupiers-intl/index.html

Based on how CNN's heading is written it does appear the Mayor was referencing the evacuation corridor. However, he did not say Russian control was limited to the evacuation corridors. He's admitting the city is lost and that is the point to take away. Other sources have also reported most of the city is under Russian control minus some Ukrainian resistance that is holding out.
You may have confused City Hall and the City.

IIRC, Mariupol City centre (where the town hall is) was captured like a week ago, if you look at the war map below, you will see Ukrainian only have 3 out of 5 district (or whatever that was called)

Google Map put Mariupol Townhall In Zhoevyetyi District

Mariupol Map.jpg

(The dot in the map)

And according to this BBC war map of Mariupol as of 2100 GMT 27 March (Yesterday), that area is already occupied by the Russian. And the Russian made some advance (The Black Line crossed over are now belonging to the Russian now as per Russian source claimed)

Mariupol Warmap.jpg

By the way, this map (unaltered version) is approximately 1 day old when the CNN article was made, this is just for the reference.

I agree as well for those reasons... It seams like the Chinese have made the choice here and they aren't willing to do Harakiri (or hara-kiri) for the Russians....
Well, my guess is China will bail Russian out somehow, but will not be doing it in the scale that will piss off the west, so it does not make sense for Russia to peg to gold.

Again, unless China really will not do anything to bail Russia out, then and only then it would make sense that Russia peg their currency with gold..

Last edited:
Warning graphic video of Ukrainian Nazi Soldiers committing a war crimes by shooting dead surrendered tied up Russian soldiers in cold blood...

Sorry... TWITTER removed the 1st evidence since it goes against Western Propaganda. The second one should still be working... For now at least.

The German central bank needs to join in the recently announced SPFS (System for Transfer of Financial Messages). That way, they can do business with the Russian central bank. I think this is how the Russians intend to deal with the "unfriendly" countries" who sanction them.

For Russia's "friendly" countries, they'll need to sign up with China's Cross-Border Interbank Payment System (CIPS) and/or SPFS. They have either or both options.

In essence, Russia's efforts here is to boycott the SWIFT financial system; and for any entity or country that is doing business with them should either use the SPFS and/or CHIPS. This is what the war in Ukraine is all about, and this is how both Russia and China intend to beat the Western-dominated sanctions through the SWIFT system.
That’s a breach of contract.
There is no way Germany will join Russia or China payment system.

Well, 30 some days in, why would you still using tank going into the street single like that?

And for those of you who say this NLAW did not detonate, you can see the flame coming out from Under the Turret and also on top, which mean it punch thru from the top and lighting the tank on fire inside the turret, so fire comes out on any hole it made. (And also it will not be on fire if it had not detonated)

I would not want to be that tank crew right now...........

Last edited:
To get the rubles you must exchange the money. Practically contacting Russia central bank. However the Russia central bank is under total sanction. Even if anyone in Germany is willing to pay in rubles it’s impossible to get rubles to pay the bill. It’s strictly forbidden. You will be arrested immediately and put to prison.
That's the official line.
Reality...take the UK govenment. All banks and financial institutions overtly talk about money laundering all the time. Strict laws. Yet all Russian oligarchs live in London and their billions are welcome even though the city of London knows its dirty money. Laws are for the poor and the small fish. Big fish make laws.

You will be imprisoned for trying to get rubles and buy some gas to keep your house warm in winter ? sound like the freedom @Apollon craves

hahaha ..the price for his freedom. Freedom is ok if the damage is within 3%.
Yes I wear more clothes. police will come to arrest if you try to get rubles. That is not a joke. Luckily the spring has arrived.

Warning graphic video of Ukrainian Nazi Soldiers committing a war crimes by shooting dead surrendered tied up Russian soldiers in cold blood...

Sorry... TWITTER removed the 1st evidence since it goes against Western Propaganda. The second one should still be working... For now at least.

But clearly this is not a war crime...I hope the guy who did this gets it

Interesting.... Does Russia have enough gold to peg the Ruble to it?... If they do, how does one cash out in gold by submitting rubles.

I'm not sure how this would work.
The problem is that there is not enough gold to cover all the currencies of the world, and not even the dollar itself..

The blows to the dollar have begun:

China and Russia trade in local currency..

India and Russia, and their position is good with the Russians in the war now..

Russia asked to pay in Russian rubles for its products..

Saudi Arabia is considering partially disengaging the dollar from selling oil to China..
US weapon is a 30-cent banknote..

Here are some numbers to know the extent to which dependence on the dollar has deteriorated
in the last 20 years, the dollar represented more than 80% of the hard currency reserves in the world, and now it represents only 53%..

The dollar has fallen as a hard currency for the countries of the world, currently with the equivalent of 15 trillion dollars..

With the American mishandling of the issues of the national states and their bias and the collapse of the image of the American dream for everyone, the dollar lost a lot of its position..

The countries switched to gold, the euro, the Japanese yen, and finally to the Chinese yuan..

Gold must be adopted as an international standard and a real cover for any paper currencies of countries, to represent the principle of scarcity and effort together..

Last edited:
The problem is that there is not enough gold to cover all the currencies of the world, and not even the dollar itself..
Dollar vs rubble 95.75 now
Remember where ig was a few days ago

Its war. Dont attack another country and be save. Its that simple. I dont support such things but it happens

Its war. Dont attack another country and be save. Its that simple. I dont support such things but it happens

I think some terrorist used the same excuse for ISIS but the West didn't accept "such things happen" excuse by ISIS.... Why?

Dollar vs rubble 95.75 now
Remember where ig was a few days ago
Russia fakes the exchange rate.
They limit selling or buying dollars and rubles. It’s like if you want to increase the price of tomatoes you force people to buy tomatoes. The higher demand the higher the price for tomatoes. People have no choice.

It’s nearly impossible to sell Russia securities and assets. Its impossible to withdraw the dollars out of Russia.

It’s a matter of time till the wall of lies collapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom