What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the fighting to become much stronger and perhaps even new offensive measures during this month as the weather will break into warm

Hey Jhungary, that is a good post. I hope that you can compile your thought that you write here in separated thread. Because it is hard to read good post here because of Troll War. Including your troll post.

Btw, you said that you need gunship, is it helicopter like Apache? But aren't they also have the same high risk like the armor?
That's because the person asked a good question, and I answer them, I am like James Blunt on twitter but a lot less famous, (Really, we do share a lot of similarity, he was in Royal Household Cavalry and I was a 19A) if I got trolled, I trolled back. But if you ask me a good question, I will try to deliver a good answer.

Anyway, gunship can mean anything up on the air, you can even do that with drone nowadays, but in the old days, yes, that mean apache or viper, or even even Blackhawk with external pylons loaded with rocket or hellfire.

There are ways to deal with MANPAD, especially when you are running a combine arms ops. The key is you need to be the one that keep the pressure, because as I said, those are considered static defence (you can't redeploy AT team and AA team quickly) Mobility is the key, that is true for both Armor and Gunship.

The truth (or untruth) of Neo Nazism in Russian Perspective summed up pretty well by BBC

China sourcing its equipment from Ukraine. that is just lol. Good luck to china
I have been following this war,
at first i thought they will quickly blitz through Ukraine and then present their demands or install puppets

but after it started it seem Russians are deliberately doing a slow light attack with intention to avoid civillian casualties and keep good faith among Ukrainian populous.

but now after a month with huge losses on political, military and economic fronts & losing any public support that they had around the world ( i mean initially asians were siding with russia on many forums but now those voices are also dying down)., what are they upto?

I am confused as hell, it is the Russia that the west fears, is thought to be a giant in at least military world & still that Russia is unable to get any strategic advantage in this war in immediate neighbourhood with lots of land connections.

Russian army is a laughing stock now so why are they still continuing this hand brake invasion? i genuinely dont understand.

p.s - i am no supporter of this war, it has to end but i want to understand Russian mind which in my opinion is as confused as mine at the moment with no clear goals after this shock of defence by Ukrainians
I think we are all shocked at Russians weakness. They have showed themselves to be joke in conventional power.

The russian mind works like this. We are very very strong and the west fears us. Our army could conquer Europe in 1 month. We are destroying Ukraine and invasion is going exactly according to plan. We have lost 1,300 soldiers but o my because we are invading carefully to not cause too many Ukranian casualties.

In every Russian mind is the same state as Hitler in 1945. Russians are moving imaginary divisions across maps and matching nato in firepower only in the comfort of their own mind.

And if the very last Russian tank coloumn was to be destroyed and their army finished off, nothing in their mind would change. This fantasy would remain unaltered.

The truth (or untruth) of Neo Nazism in Russian Perspective summed up pretty well by BBC

Here is the far-right party's reported political performance over the recent years in Ukraine

1648382564880.png

I'm sure that there are NATO countries whose far right parties have more than 2% vote share. When was Putin planning to invade them? The Ukrainians seem like they were voting out the Nazis on their own :undecided:

Here is the far-right party's reported political performance over the recent years in Ukraine

View attachment 827826

I'm sure that there are NATO countries whose far right parties have more than 2% vote share. When was Putin planning to invade them? The Ukrainians seem like they were voting out the Nazis on their own :undecided:
I am sure Russia Far Right party have more than 2% shares........

Anyway, as I mentioned before, the reason why people keep saying Ukraine is Nazi and uses Azov as an example.....These people are the one that know nothing about Far Right extremism in Ukraine...lol

I have been following this war,
at first i thought they will quickly blitz through Ukraine and then present their demands or install puppets

but after it started it seem Russians are deliberately doing a slow light attack with intention to avoid civillian casualties and keep good faith among Ukrainian populous.

but now after a month with huge losses on political, military and economic fronts & losing any public support that they had around the world ( i mean initially asians were siding with russia on many forums but now those voices are also dying down)., what are they upto?

I am confused as hell, it is the Russia that the west fears, is thought to be a giant in at least military world & still that Russia is unable to get any strategic advantage in this war in immediate neighbourhood with lots of land connections.

Russian army is a laughing stock now so why are they still continuing this hand brake invasion? i genuinely dont understand.

p.s - i am no supporter of this war, it has to end but i want to understand Russian mind which in my opinion is as confused as mine at the moment with no clear goals after this shock of defence by Ukrainians
The Russian playbook is "Escalate to Deescalate" which mean they will pump more effort into a losing operation in order to seek a better ground when they negotiate. They will not backdown and sue for peace, they will simply keep escalating the whole thing until it reach a point where you feel uncomfortable, so you will agree in their favor at peace talk.

That is why they keep putting stuff in this war, there are no perspective for Russian to win this war (Not since day 14 actually), they are simply escalating it because they think they will come out ahead if they double down on a failure.

As for why the Russian perform so badly in this war? Well, I can write an entire article on this alone, but the TLDR version is, a combination of ineptness, intelligence failure and corruption.

Destroyed buildings can be rebuilt easily with Western money.
The civilian death toll after more than a month is still under 1000.
1000 in 4 weeks....That's actually a lot. That is more than the American and its allies did to Afghanistan

NGO backed by UNHCR put the civilian killed during the whole 20 years at 180,000 at the low end, 210,000 at the high end, bear in mind this figure is the entire war and death are counted not just from the Allied side. If we break down the number, that is roughly 200 a week that is being killed at high end.

The same NGO and UN estimate 1100 civilian killed in the first 4 weeks, which is closer to 300 a week (270 give or take) that is a lot in just 4 weeks......

I think the rationale is that it's unlikelly that the ambush will involve a ton of ATGMs, and a ton of MANPADS.

A decade or so ago, it would've been quite a sizeable force, easy to spot, but not today with disposable 10kg man portable ATGMs easily killing any MBT by roof hits.

The point is a much lighter force can forestall an offensive of sizeable armoured formation, and outright defeat anything smaller, to which the only counter at the moment is to grow formations even bigger.
ATGM threat on Armoured vehicle exist long before Operation Desert Storm, I remember when I was a 19A we need to train with Sagger Drill, which is something the Israeli developed when they ran into Egyptian ATGM during Yom Kippur war back in the 70s.

The threat is the same, just that today it's faster and less time to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom