What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
In every war, there come a point where the irrelevancy of a technology and/or technical aspect of the war trespassed the point of no return.

For example, the VKS is effectively irrelevant. Am not saying the VKS cannot continue to drop bombs, but the issue is whether its continuation is enough to affect the outcome.

It seems, perhaps early, that the outcome of the war rests on the brutality of individual battles, whether it is soldiers against soldiers or tanks against tanks. I have no problems declaring airpower irrelevant if/when the progress demands it, and right now, airpower, specifically the fixed wing variety, is irrelevant. There is no longer the need for finesse of strategies or creative use of historical precedents. It is now which side can inflict the most pain in the most blunt methods. The irrelevancy of a technology and/or technical aspect of a war does not mean a guarantee of a loss to any side. It just mean the war has gradually moved to a less sophisticated phase.

Destroying buildings but VERY careful to limit civilian casualties.

I still think the Russians are running this war with kid gloves. They could target the urban areas' electricity and water supplies and bring real pain to civilians inside.
Sorry Putinbots you may temporarily distract the weak minded by referring back to past events but the pictures of dead and dying women and children arrive daily and wont be so easily dismissed.

"At least half goes on their massive nuclear force". No, you really don't know what you're talking about. Your basic facts are wrong.

And secondly, Putin did not declare "war" on Ukraine he declared a special military operation. One is a subset of the other. If this was a full out war for Russia you would see them utilize the full force of their air force, navy, and army.

I think you and some of the retired western laymen who hang out the forum need to read more into the situation and stop just reading western sources. Let me guess you probably think Ukraine is winning...

FOd5_VPWQAEyVtV.jpg

This is the lamest excuse I have heard for a war going badly ever.

:woot:

We sent our B team as the A team is being held back for better opponents.

:cheesy:

That is a load of crap "muh the best Russian army is at home,they aren't using their whole force and most modern equipments,they send conscripts". Their armed forces are trash,simple as it is.

Those VDV,Spetsnaz,Rosgvardia,Chechens etc. are considered as "Russia's elite troops" and yet they performed soo poorly,wouldn't imagine the rest. Sheer incompetence and corruption gets you this result.

Destroyed buildings can be rebuilt easily with Western money.
The civilian death toll after more than a month is still under 1000.

according to RT news?

according to UN 1119 killed civiias...BUT according to UN the real number is much higher, that are only the civilians the UN can confirm... in many areas are no UN inspectors able to count civilian victims. Specialy in the areas with intense figthing

In every war, there come a point where the irrelevancy of a technology and/or technical aspect of the war trespassed the point of no return.

For example, the VKS is effectively irrelevant. Am not saying the VKS cannot continue to drop bombs, but the issue is whether its continuation is enough to affect the outcome.

It seems, perhaps early, that the outcome of the war rests on the brutality of individual battles, whether it is soldiers against soldiers or tanks against tanks. I have no problems declaring airpower irrelevant if/when the progress demands it, and right now, airpower, specifically the fixed wing variety, is irrelevant. There is no longer the need for finesse of strategies or creative use of historical precedents. It is now which side can inflict the most pain in the most blunt methods. The irrelevancy of a technology and/or technical aspect of a war does not mean a guarantee of a loss to any side. It just mean the war has gradually moved to a less sophisticated phase.
Ground war are NEVER pretty, and it does not really matter how much technological advance, when you are in build up area, all those technological advancement goes out of the window, and it's about sheer will for who wanted it most to win.

It may have lost on everyone here, but if you look at the 2 city that Russian took, they took it without having to actually fight for it, the defender withdrew to protect other asset that were closer (Kherson is vacated by the defender in favor of defending Odesa and Melitopol is vacated by the defender in favor of defending Mariupol.) And in the end, when it come to taking a city by force, technology or sophistication won't help you. Because it is all about close quarter, man against man warfare....

according to RT news?

according to UN 1119 killed civiias...BUT according to UN the real number is much higher, that are only the civilians the UN can confirm... in many areas are no UN inspectors able to count civilian victims. Specialy in the areas with intense figthing

Sadly thousands of civilians have already died and they may even outnumber the Ukrainian military deaths as Russia has resorted to launching a war of attrition by bombing and shelling Ukrainian villages, towns and cities.

Brings some perspective on the trivialities in our lives that stress us all from time to time.

That is a load of crap "muh the best Russian army is at home,they aren't using their whole force and most modern equipments,they send conscripts". Their armed forces are trash,simple as it is.

Those VDV,Spetsnaz,Rosgvardia,Chechens etc. are considered as "Russia's elite troops" and yet they performed soo poorly,wouldn't imagine the rest. Sheer incompetence and corruption gets you this result.
Well, why is this a big surprise??

In the west, we have ex-General comment on the war, in Russia, these people quote people like Russell Brand.....

according to RT news?

I would say they lost 1000 civilian alone in Mariupol.......Let alone the entire country.........

Sadly thousands of civilians have already died and they may even outnumber the Ukrainian military deaths as Russia has resorted to launching a war of attrition by bombing and shelling Ukrainian villages, towns and cities.

Brings some perspective on the trivialities in our lives that stress us all from time to time.
the best part is that the russian looses outnumber the ukraine military and civilian by ligthyears... the incompetent Russian Army gets badly *** kicked...
7 Generals lost in Action in one months shows the incompetense of this shit russian Army

Reactions: mmr
the best part is that the russian looses outnumber the ukraine military and civilian by ligthyears... the incompetent Russian Army gets badly *** kicked...
7 Generals lost in Action in one months shows the incompetense of this shit russian Army

I am sure that Ukrainians are getting intelligence from Nato in order to be able to target these Generals with ease.

Although they are brave and competent, they seem to know exactly what the Russians are going to do and at what time - information that only Nato can provide them with.

Last edited:
The Russian playbook is "Escalate to Deescalate" which mean they will pump more effort into a losing operation in order to seek a better ground when they negotiate. They will not backdown and sue for peace, they will simply keep escalating the whole thing until it reach a point where you feel uncomfortable, so you will agree in their favor at peace talk.

That is why they keep putting stuff in this war, there are no perspective for Russian to win this war (Not since day 14 actually), they are simply escalating it because they think they will come out ahead if they double down on a failure.

As for why the Russian perform so badly in this war? Well, I can write an entire article on this alone, but the TLDR version is, a combination of ineptness, intelligence failure and corruption.

I agree with this assessment. I am coming from a more neutral position (slightly tilted towards Russia because of NATO Western hypocrisy and clandestine support for escalation) .... And I agree with what you have stated.

I am sure that Ukrainians are getting intelligence from Nato in order to be able to target these Generals with ease.

Although they are brave and competent, they seem to know exactly what the Russians are going to do and at what time - informatio that only Nato can provide them with.

I am sure about that... airtraffic spotter see that lot of NATO AVACS system patrol at the boarder to Ukraine and Belarus to scan troop movement, what puzzle me the most that the majority of Russian radio transmitting is on open frequency allows everyone to listen to them... and RT propaganda TV helps Ukraine too... reporting from the ship that unload equipment with the harbour in the background... they knowed exactly were it was unloading its stuff and got sunk ... one thing in this conflict is unlimited...russian incompetence

There is a huge risk for Ukrainians in killing all these high ranking Russians officers and commanders. Maybe the people that come to take their place will actually be COMPETENT this time. :(

The Russian Army from top to button is filled with YES talker... a corrupt officer corp... completely incompetent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom