What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said.
I don't know why people here don't sink in their heads something which all military strategists are saying: Russia has a nuclear BLACKMAIL in this conflict! Simple! You can condemn that all you want but, unless someone from inside Russia stops Putin, he will NOT accept looking defeated. Already NY Times is saying that Russia has plenty of tactical nukes which are 'a fraction of the Hiroshima' nuke in power but enough to obliterate large forces. Add to them the hyperbaric bombs.
It is true that Americans are not only far ahead in the quality of nukes but also in conventional capabilities but how can you take a chance against an enemy which has so many nukes and may become suicidal if cornered. Out of the 6000 nukes Russia has, if even 10 big ones make to their targets then forget goodbye to the world as we know it.

This is not some $ick measuring contest where who has what. It is about injecting some very grim reality in the discussion about this conflict and that reality is becoming more and more possible as Russia's advances grind down.
If nuclear blackmail could produce good results North Korea would have conquered half the world already. Hey, dont stop us, or we will use nukes! And North Korea just takes one country after another. lol It does not work like that.

How it does work is this. You use nuclear blackmail, the other side gives you sanctions until you have no more money. Then they give your opponents weapons to kill your soldiers until you have been drained of money and weapons and the will to fight. Then eventually your people rise up against you.

Mariupol still stands.
Meanwhile Russia economy is heading to full collapse.

My girl and her relatives are hearing some very disturbing news, other than this horrible war, organized crime groups have started to appear in Poland, Moldova and some other countries.

They are trying to lure young Ukranian women for sex trafficking. 😢 😭 it just breaks your heart, but there are human scum that will try to take advantage of a tragedy.
How does this work? do they keep them in some dungeons? doesn't europe have police? Has anyone here ever tried to buy a human in europe?

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

How does this work? do they keep them in some dungeons? doesn't europe have police? Has anyone here ever tried to buy a human in europe?

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Actually, this is standard in any country
Same thing happened in Bosnia and Kosova, according to my Serb friends. (They were nice Serbs who were opposed to Milosevic.)
Same thing happened in Afghanistan.

I hope you can tell the difference between destroyed building and killed civilians.

The civilian death toll in Ukraine is under 1000 civilians after 4 weeks.

So targeting places where civilians are living isn't murder? Watch the news and go through the footage. War crimes are being committed daily.

Man, long time since I visit.
Sad to see that the threads are full of US-Ukro propaganda, this is why Twitter ought to be banned.

Putin has raised everything to the ground in Ukraine where ever your boots stamp in. Do not preach moral, please.

Man, long time since I visit.
Sad to see that the threads are full of US-Ukro propaganda, this is why Twitter ought to be banned.

Actually propaganda from both side are being spammed in this thread. There is not much impartiality here. You have to figure out what's real and what's not yourself from thousands of twitter posts. That's why I lost interest in the thread after a few days. Only checks it once a while to see when the war will end.

Actually, this is standard in any country
Same thing happened in Bosnia and Kosova, according to my Serb friends. (They were nice Serbs who were opposed to Milosevic.)
Same thing happened in Afghanistan.
Oh come on. You might have some maniac keeping a captured woman in a war zone and raping and killing her, like serbs did in Bosnia or Russians did in Chechnya. But the idea that some woman is being kept in some dungeon in europe is ridiculous.

This human trafficking sex trade nonsense. Where can I buy a person in europe to take and keep in my dungeon? This is just ridiculous. I have however seen this sort of thing in Hollywood movies.

Oh come on. You might have some maniac keeping a captured woman in a war zone and raping and killing her, like serbs did in Bosnia or Russians did in Chechnya. But the idea that some woman is being kept in some dungeon in europe is ridiculous.

This human trafficking sex trade nonsense. Where can I buy a person in europe to take and keep in my dungeon? This is just ridiculous. I have however seen this sort of thing in Hollywood movies.

They’re not kept in dungeons, they’re used in the prostitution business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom