What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also pumped up after reading this thread. Seeing all those guys running around with assault rifles and tanks blowing stuff up looks tempting. I might go to the local Brass Pro and buy some camo outfits and go deer hunting. However, getting my legs blown off in Ukraine doesn't sound like fun.

If you two meet on opposing sides, you can take a break from shooting each other and have a chat about PDF.
Well, it's kind of hard to do, I am medically discharged from the US military. I have a severely broken leg from a chopper crash I have sustained in Afghanistan, in short, I can't run. Which mean the chance I would be on the frontline is next to zero.

I am just going to see if my friends are okay, and see what do they need so I can bring something to them, and for those who are still in the fight in Ukraine, I tried to donate the stuff that I have so people don't run around wearing puma shirt and wearing sneaker.

I am not going to go there and fight lol, at best is to train some TDF people. I can do that either in Polish Border or just inside Ukrainian Border. There are camp that are really close to Polish Border (like 2 or 3 miles to Polish border) Russia would not dare to attack......Their CEP is 10-15 mile, they get that close to the border and they are risking to bring the war to NATO.

Could you post the content of what's said in article? Or a summary.
It's paid content.
Hoping that you read it before posting the link.

In short, he is in Lviv. He have updated his social media (Not mentioned in the article or at least I dont remember it was mentioned) that said he is "Far" from the base that was bombed on Monday. And ask his follower not to worry and he is safe in Lviv.

Last edited:
Zero sympathy for Russian thugs.

If putler hate west so much why every tom and dick from russia with money invest in west. Wonder why don't they invest in china.
Putler :rofl::rofl:

From a Muslim perspective Russia is like Santa Claus compared to dealing with the West. Muslims dealing with the West is like Palestinians dealing with Israel.

The storm of Islamophobia in the world was created by the Anglo-Zionists, and it didn't just start with 9/11. I've been seeing for over 40 years. I remember living in UK during the time of the Iranian revolution and the Salman Rushdie controversy. British newspapers used to be full of extreme hate for all Muslims. I remember saying to people that it seems like there will be a holocaust of Muslims in Europe. Sure enough, it happened with the genocide of Bosnian Muslims. I remember seeing Bosnian refugees outside the mosque. It was very traumatic.

The Western hate offensive against Islam has encouraged everyone with a conflict with Muslims everywhere in the world. They can always expect Western help, like Israel, India, Indonesia, Burma etc.

The Anglo-Zionists are not finished with Muslims yet. I would say that they're at the 50% mark. There's a whole series of Muslim countries that are on the destruction list, like Iran, Pakistan etc, and then they're going to bring down their poodles like the oil sheikhdoms. They won't stop until they've reduced the whole Middle East to a pile of rubble and Israel become the undisputed master.

Compared to that record, Russia has been mild in its attitude towards Muslims. They've been brutal in Chechnya and Syria, but in both places they were fighting dollar-jihadis supported by the West. Other than that they've been quite benign. I doubt that they have any intention of invading either any other European or Muslim country. That's just a mixture of propaganda and paranoia.

This war may slow down the Anglo-Zionist crusade against Islam and may provide a window of opportunity for Muslim countries to sort themselves out without Anglo-Zionist threats of destruction.
I see what you are saying. but you can only believe that if you know nothing go world history or Russian history.

Whenever "anglo-zionists" had conquered muslims inhabited lands. they have given those people at least formal independence. Not. a bad deal for a people completely conquered by he west.

Whenever Russia conquered muslim inhabited lands they exterminate the population and make the land a part of russia. to such an extent that the rest of the muslim world dont even know those were ever muslim lands. It becomes a rumour. a point of historical dispute.

We have British conquests of UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Iraq etc etc etc. They retain their native population, they have cities with arabic names. If Britian did what Russia did, Qatar would be called New Birmingham, and Baghdad would be called Yorktown. The inhabitants would be blonde and speak English. The emirs of these places would have surnames like Smith and Wilkinson.
When visitors would come, they would ask about the native inhabitants of these places and the locals would say? oh? we dont know of any, there are no graves here and no monuments to these people, it must have been empty when we arrived.

This is the situation in Russia today. Cities of sevastpol, Sochi, and countless others on the black sea and inland russia. Lands Larger than the whole Middle East. along the largest most fertile plains of europe. All Russian, always Russian, no muslims graves anywhere, no muslim names denoting its previous inhabitants.

And you are giving russia a free pass on This because the British gave jews 17,000 square kilometres of land in the middle east (which russia supports and recognises), and wrote some articles deamonising muslims of europe.

The muslim immigrants in europe could be rounded up and shot in one night and no more than 10% of europe would even protest. Its a miracle that they are even allowed to live there and migrate there. There are also 3 muslim counters in europe. Europe has allowed this. You think UK or Germany cant send some aircraft and troops and destroy Bosna or Albania and send us packing in about 7 days. Come on.

You rightly criticise the west for its failures, but they have conquered the muslim civilisation in 1918 and destroyed the caliphate and could have wiped the muslims out like they did with the American Indians, or how russia did with its muslims in muslim lands. Muslims have a pretty good deal with the west right now, as a conquered people. Hopefully with a nuclear armed Pakistan and turkey, this civilisation can be revived and completely freed. But that requires a lot of work.

21st March update. Russians have most major cities surrounded on the East, Kiev will be fully surrounded within weeks.

2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg.png

. . . In short, he is in Lviv. He have updated his social media (Not mentioned in the article or at least I dont remember it was mentioned) that said he is "Far" from the base that was bombed on Monday. And ask his follower not to worry and he is safe in Lviv.

Here's the article's content just in case:
Far from Lviv, article claims.

La Torche et l’Épée is the place Olivier Lavigne-Ortiz went to write about crossing the border into Ukraine as a foreign volunteer fighter, and to share pictures of the weapons he got on the other side.

It means “The torch and the sword,” and for years the online blog and Facebook community has been the container for the former Canadian Forces sniper’s thoughts and observations about his time in conflict zones, where, as he told the Star in a 2016 interview, he views himself in a dual role as both soldier and storyteller.

That is, until the account went dark this week, a change from his approximately once daily posting since late February. At the same time, Russian social media accounts started spreading a now-viral rumour that Lavigne-Ortiz has died.

No official source has yet confirmed if Lavigne-Ortiz is dead or alive. Loved ones have posted online that they fully believe he is still alive. But he is in a war zone, and the truth remains elusive. Experts, meanwhile, say stories of his supposed death fit Russia’s misinformation playbook and the long history of information warfare.

Known by his 40,000-person Facebook following as “Wali,” Lavigne-Ortiz has fought and documented his time in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and now Ukraine, always painting a picture of glory that comes from taking down enemies, and countering, he says, the images spread by the aggressors in war.

That purpose, and the fame Wali has garnered, may be why Russian troll farms want to spread word of his purported demise.

On Monday, Wali had shared a post on the blog telling his followers not to worry for his safety following a deadly Russian attack.

“I am already far from the base that was hit yesterday,” he wrote, referring to Russian missile strikes near Lviv.
“Those who died probably did not see the Russian soldiers. Such is modern warfare. Still just as dirty, but impersonal.”

Far from Lviv, he said
, but he gave no indication of where he was. That was the last post Wali made before his channel went dark. As of Friday, he hadn’t made another.

But less than 24 hours after Wali’s last post, explanations for his silence were going viral on Russian social media networks such as VKontakt.

“Canadian sniper, which propaganda called the ‘deadliest sniper in the world’... killed by Russian special forces in Mariupol 20 minutes after landing,” read one post by the administrator of a Russian nationalist group.

The post was “liked” more than 12,000 times, and would go on to appear on countless other channels.

Wali’s internet following was not so quick to accept this news, which has not been verified by independent news or government sources.

A spokesperson for Global Affairs Canada said it hadn’t been informed of any Canadian volunteer fighters dying in Ukraine.

“Think about it,” one Wali fan said in French in a video he made about the rumours. “How could Wali have been in Mariupol the day after crossing the border into Ukraine? ... Wali is alive.”

A Facebook post by the Norman Brigade, the group with which Wali said he was travelling, did not confirm whether he was alive or dead, but said he was not near Mariupol on the day the Russian posts claimed he was killed.

Thomas Holt, a professor in the school of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University who specializes in internet hacking, said that whether or not Wali is still alive, it’s clear why Russia would want to spread the story of his death.

“That’s kind of a classic model of potential psychological operations using information warfare. So by saying that you’ve killed an enemy combatant very quickly ... before he could do anything has the potential to be not only demoralizing for those of Ukraine who might have seen him as a potential asset ... it certainly may affect individuals in Canada who are opposed to perhaps engaging in the conflict itself.”

To Yevgeniy Golovchenko, a University of Copenhagen researcher on social media disinformation, Wali has been swept up in a larger “fog of war” — the barrage of true, twisted, and false information propagated by Russia in its war to sow support among Russians, despondency among Ukrainian forces, and confusion among everyone else.

“If you look at the classical disinformation strategies ... you will almost always go for the stories, narratives that captivate people that capture attention — that are viral. There is no point in writing stories or narratives or a disinformation about something that nobody reads,” Golovchenko said.

“It wouldn’t make sense to make stories about this person if he was not already famous.”

But Wali is famous, and famous for the art of war.

By March 3, he had arrived in Ukraine, and posted about crossing the border with three other Quebec volunteers and some Britons. He wrote on his blog that he joined the Norman Brigade, a group of Canadian and British volunteer fighters working together in Ukraine.

His arrival in Ukraine was covered breathlessly by a smattering of international media and other websites that heralded him as a talent capable of single-handedly weakening Russian forces. He is often described as the world’s deadliest sniper, though, given the secrecy with which snipers operate, his exact achievements are difficult to confirm.

He told CBC earlier this month that he’d made the journey with three other former Canadian soldiers and they were greeted with hugs and handshakes when they crossed the border.

“They were so happy to have us,” he told CBC. “It’s like we were friends right away.”

Holt said Wali’s fame certainly contributes to why Russia would want to amplify news of his supposed death. But, he said, the posts about Wali are part of a bigger picture, and a long tradition of spreading information during times of war.

“It is important to note that this is just another tool in the broader suite of information warfare,” Holt said. “In traditional information warfare, going back to the last couple of decades even to World War Two and Vietnam, the use of printed materials in order to demoralize or stabilize the population of an occupied country, or conflict itself, is quite common.”

Russia’s use of disinformation, misinformation and propaganda has been well documented by the international community, especially since the country’s invasion of Crimea in 2014. A U.S. intelligence report released last year described the Russian state being at the centre of a controlled information ecosystem, which includes state media, farming internet trolls and propped-up friendly third party sites.

Ukraine, meanwhile, has not said anything about Wali through its official communications channels.

There are examples of propaganda being used on both sides of the war.

In Russia, state-controlled news outlets have amplified videos apparently showing a Nazi flag captured by Russian forces in Ukraine (Nazism in Ukraine is being used by Russia as justification for the invasion). In Ukraine, government sources spread a story about the capture of the tiny Snake Island by Russian forces, saying a mere 13 soldiers defending the island refused to surrender and therefore were killed (Ukrainian sources later said they may have been captured, not killed).

Holt said the barrage of information out there — some true and some false — makes it all but impossible to verify whether a person like Wali may actually be alive.

After all, Holt said, the smart thing for Wali to do in the circumstance is to stay quiet.

“So in the interim, the smartest thing to probably do is take everything with a grain of salt and check the source. If it is just troll farms (spreading this information) then it’s probably not truthful,” Holt said. “But it’s very hard. I would say, it’s like an informational fog of war where there’s no good information and it’s hard to necessarily get accuracy until third parties, new sources, etc., can validate.”

1647827496504.png

On a side note, Wali mentions a large number of Brits.
We heard Boris Johnson furious remark when Rus attacked volunteers in Yavoriv.
There must have been British deaths there.

1647828207590.png

Last edited:
When I say that China is the most powerful nation state, I'm not talking about military inventory. The US has had a humongous military budget for decades, China has just recently become equivalently sized as an economy, and even then, is spending a fraction of its budget on the military versus the US.

What I mean is that China has the most capacity and ability of any country to adapt to extreme challenges and emerge victorious. China has the most educated human resources under its control, its system is disciplined and can orient society in a way that can handle major challenges during periods of chaos that the West simply can't. China is by far the greatest industrial superpower in the world, if it switched its economy to a war time footing, it would quickly surpass America's military inventory within 5 years.

The West is still in denial about this reality. There is always this notion that as long as the West is hostile to China or if they deny China something, China will be on its way to collapse and will be put back into that little bottle and disappear. That's not going to happen. China has managed to revive as a great power and civilization, and is quickly becoming a developed country with immense resources. Think about a Germany or Japan but 10X bigger. China is here as the world's greatest nation state and will not be going away, the rest of the world will just have to adjust to this reality.
You believe this and still continue to live in the US?

I see what you are saying. but you can only believe that if you know nothing go world history or Russian history.

Whenever "anglo-zionists" had conquered muslims inhabited lands. they have given those people at least formal independence. Not. a bad deal for a people completely conquered by he west.

Whenever Russia conquered muslim inhabited lands they exterminate the population and make the land a part of russia. to such an extent that the rest of the muslim world dont even know those were ever muslim lands. It becomes a rumour. a point of historical dispute.

We have British conquests of UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Iraq etc etc etc. They retain their native population, they have cities with arabic names. If Britian did what Russia did, Qatar would be called New Birmingham, and Baghdad would be called Yorktown. The inhabitants would be blonde and speak English. The emirs of these places would have surnames like Smith and Wilkinson.
When visitors would come, they would ask about the native inhabitants of these places and the locals would say? oh? we dont know of any, there are no graves here and no monuments to these people, it must have been empty when we arrived.

This is the situation in Russia today. Cities of sevastpol, Sochi, and countless others on the black sea and inland russia. Lands Larger than the whole Middle East. along the largest most fertile plains of europe. All Russian, always Russian, no muslims graves anywhere, no muslim names denoting its previous inhabitants.

And you are giving russia a free pass on This because the British gave jews 17,000 square kilometres of land in the middle east (which russia supports and recognises), and wrote some articles deamonising muslims of europe.

The muslim immigrants in europe could be rounded up and shot in one night and no more than 10% of europe would even protest. Its a miracle that they are even allowed to live there and migrate there. There are also 3 muslim counters in europe. Europe has allowed this. You think UK or Germany cant send some aircraft and troops and destroy Bosna or Albania and send us packing in about 7 days. Come on.

You rightly criticise the west for its failures, but they have conquered the muslim civilisation in 1918 and destroyed the caliphate and could have wiped the muslims out like they did with the American Indians, or how russia did with its muslims in muslim lands. Muslims have a pretty good deal with the west right now, as a conquered people. Hopefully with a nuclear armed Pakistan and turkey, this civilisation can be revived and completely freed. But that requires a lot of work.

If you think Muslims have received a good deal from the West, then the Bosnians also received a very good deal from the Serbs. What's the big deal?

You talk about Britain, but forget Britain is a tiny country smaller than Pakistan alone. Many Pakistanis like Indians were loyal servants of Britain, even today you can see many British Pakistanis who are more loyal to their Anglo masters than they were to their religion or Ummah although some of them deny this obvious fact for some unknown and inexplicable reason.

Many Pakistanis served in British Army that defeated the Ottomans, so it was Pakistanis who killed their Turkish brothers which for some reason is ignored by a lot of brainwashed people here.

The Anglos gave independence to Muslim lands as much as they did to Hindus in India, to European Jews in Palestine or to Africans south of the Sahara in their homelands or South East Asian countries.

After the Suez crisis in 1956, there was no way the Anglos could hold on to their former colonies, so that was that. If anything, the Soviets were a strident anti colonial force, and for that reason alone, many Muslims should be ever so grateful to the Soviets and even the Nazis before the Soviets for it was the Nazis which weakened the British imperialists. The Brits could no longer hold on to their colonies, so they left behind festering sore points or puss like the Jewry in Palestine or Kashmir in India, or Tamil/Sinhalese dispute in Ceylon, Cyprus, Malaya/Singapore, a colonial outpost in Australia, New Zealand, North America and the likes.

Your view is totally legitimate. But it can not be in Pakistans interest to have a russia which dominates europe, threatens its muslim neighbours like Azerbaijan, Kazakstan, and all of central Asia. Russias ambition is to take European lands and muslim lands. This can not be in Pakistans interests.

Its tempting to enjoy the west getting some of its own medicine, I am sure, but the cost of that medicine to muslims in the region and central Asia is very very high.

When Azerbaijan or kazakhstan recognizes Israel, purchases weapons, hosts their spies or remains avowedly secular, then they are conveniently no longer Muslim lands.

When Russia threatens them, which Russia does not need to do since those countries are in Russian orbit anyway, suddenly they turn into Muslim lands?

You believe this and still continue to live in the US?
there's no belief involved here. US failed with COVID and China didn't. China has grown to become a larger economy than the entire EU. Soon it will become a larger economy than entire US nominally, already has been done by PPP. it's not stopping. China just built 300 new ICBM silos to defend the economic gains.

In short it would be foolish for anyone to underestimate China or attempt to attack China or Chinese.

From a Muslim perspective Russia is like Santa Claus compared to dealing with the West. Muslims dealing with the West is like Palestinians dealing with Israel.

The storm of Islamophobia in the world was created by the Anglo-Zionists, and it didn't just start with 9/11. I've been seeing for over 40 years. I remember living in UK during the time of the Iranian revolution and the Salman Rushdie controversy. British newspapers used to be full of extreme hate for all Muslims. I remember saying to people that it seems like there will be a holocaust of Muslims in Europe. Sure enough, it happened with the genocide of Bosnian Muslims. I remember seeing Bosnian refugees outside the mosque. It was very traumatic.

The Western hate offensive against Islam has encouraged everyone with a conflict with Muslims everywhere in the world. They can always expect Western help, like Israel, India, Indonesia, Burma etc.

The Anglo-Zionists are not finished with Muslims yet. I would say that they're at the 50% mark. There's a whole series of Muslim countries that are on the destruction list, like Iran, Pakistan etc, and then they're going to bring down their poodles like the oil sheikhdoms. They won't stop until they've reduced the whole Middle East to a pile of rubble and Israel become the undisputed master.

Compared to that record, Russia has been mild in its attitude towards Muslims. They've been brutal in Chechnya and Syria, but in both places they were fighting dollar-jihadis supported by the West. Other than that they've been quite benign. I doubt that they have any intention of invading either any other European or Muslim country. That's just a mixture of propaganda and paranoia.

This war may slow down the Anglo-Zionist crusade against Islam and may provide a window of opportunity for Muslim countries to sort themselves out without Anglo-Zionist threats of destruction.

I know where you are coming from.

But Russians are no saints. Don't forget a good chunk of Israelis are actually Russians, which is why Putin himself said something to the effect of, he doesn't mind if Israel bombs Palestine.

Avigdor Lieberman - fanatic radical right wing extremist living it up on stolen Palestinian land was born in Russia, as a fine example of my point.

Ideally, you would want Russia blowing up the United States, but Russians are too cowardly to do that. The next best thing might be for Russians to be embroiled in conflict in Europe, which if you had asked most Europeans about six months ago, most people would have also laughed off as a ridiculous idea. Not so much anymore.

That's a very thoughtful and good analysis. I guess in the past Russia did commit genocide against Muslims and totally exterminated any traces of them. So did the Spanish. When the Crusaders occupied Jerusalem they killed all the Muslims and Jews.

In contrast, when Muslims were powerful they didn't do that to Christians. There've always been ancient Christian communities in Palestine, Egypt. Iraq and other places. The Ottomans ruled Eastern Europe for centuries and never even bothered converting them to Islam, let alone killing them. The same thing happened in Muslim India, where even after 600 to 800 years of rule they never bothered converting Hindus to Islam. Only a small percentage.

Going forward, the current problem with Muslims is a lack of a leading country. In Samuel Huntington's book "Clash of Civilizations" he notes that all civilizations have a central country, e.g. USA for the West, China for the Chinese civilization etc., but Muslims don't have any central state. Once the Ottoman Empire fell there's been no central power for Muslims and they became a bunch of caged squawking chickens

Any attempt to create one will be attacked, so it's going to be difficult to create something. However, I believe there might be a small window of opportunity in the next few years to try to set something up.

Here's the article's content just in case:
Far from Lviv, article claims.

La Torche et l’Épée is the place Olivier Lavigne-Ortiz went to write about crossing the border into Ukraine as a foreign volunteer fighter, and to share pictures of the weapons he got on the other side.

It means “The torch and the sword,” and for years the online blog and Facebook community has been the container for the former Canadian Forces sniper’s thoughts and observations about his time in conflict zones, where, as he told the Star in a 2016 interview, he views himself in a dual role as both soldier and storyteller.

That is, until the account went dark this week, a change from his approximately once daily posting since late February. At the same time, Russian social media accounts started spreading a now-viral rumour that Lavigne-Ortiz has died.

No official source has yet confirmed if Lavigne-Ortiz is dead or alive. Loved ones have posted online that they fully believe he is still alive. But he is in a war zone, and the truth remains elusive. Experts, meanwhile, say stories of his supposed death fit Russia’s misinformation playbook and the long history of information warfare.

Known by his 40,000-person Facebook following as “Wali,” Lavigne-Ortiz has fought and documented his time in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and now Ukraine, always painting a picture of glory that comes from taking down enemies, and countering, he says, the images spread by the aggressors in war.

That purpose, and the fame Wali has garnered, may be why Russian troll farms want to spread word of his purported demise.

On Monday, Wali had shared a post on the blog telling his followers not to worry for his safety following a deadly Russian attack.

“I am already far from the base that was hit yesterday,” he wrote, referring to Russian missile strikes near Lviv.
“Those who died probably did not see the Russian soldiers. Such is modern warfare. Still just as dirty, but impersonal.”

Far from Lviv, he said
, but he gave no indication of where he was. That was the last post Wali made before his channel went dark. As of Friday, he hadn’t made another.

But less than 24 hours after Wali’s last post, explanations for his silence were going viral on Russian social media networks such as VKontakt.

“Canadian sniper, which propaganda called the ‘deadliest sniper in the world’... killed by Russian special forces in Mariupol 20 minutes after landing,” read one post by the administrator of a Russian nationalist group.

The post was “liked” more than 12,000 times, and would go on to appear on countless other channels.

Wali’s internet following was not so quick to accept this news, which has not been verified by independent news or government sources.

A spokesperson for Global Affairs Canada said it hadn’t been informed of any Canadian volunteer fighters dying in Ukraine.

“Think about it,” one Wali fan said in French in a video he made about the rumours. “How could Wali have been in Mariupol the day after crossing the border into Ukraine? ... Wali is alive.”

A Facebook post by the Norman Brigade, the group with which Wali said he was travelling, did not confirm whether he was alive or dead, but said he was not near Mariupol on the day the Russian posts claimed he was killed.

Thomas Holt, a professor in the school of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University who specializes in internet hacking, said that whether or not Wali is still alive, it’s clear why Russia would want to spread the story of his death.

“That’s kind of a classic model of potential psychological operations using information warfare. So by saying that you’ve killed an enemy combatant very quickly ... before he could do anything has the potential to be not only demoralizing for those of Ukraine who might have seen him as a potential asset ... it certainly may affect individuals in Canada who are opposed to perhaps engaging in the conflict itself.”

To Yevgeniy Golovchenko, a University of Copenhagen researcher on social media disinformation, Wali has been swept up in a larger “fog of war” — the barrage of true, twisted, and false information propagated by Russia in its war to sow support among Russians, despondency among Ukrainian forces, and confusion among everyone else.

“If you look at the classical disinformation strategies ... you will almost always go for the stories, narratives that captivate people that capture attention — that are viral. There is no point in writing stories or narratives or a disinformation about something that nobody reads,” Golovchenko said.

“It wouldn’t make sense to make stories about this person if he was not already famous.”

But Wali is famous, and famous for the art of war.

By March 3, he had arrived in Ukraine, and posted about crossing the border with three other Quebec volunteers and some Britons. He wrote on his blog that he joined the Norman Brigade, a group of Canadian and British volunteer fighters working together in Ukraine.

His arrival in Ukraine was covered breathlessly by a smattering of international media and other websites that heralded him as a talent capable of single-handedly weakening Russian forces. He is often described as the world’s deadliest sniper, though, given the secrecy with which snipers operate, his exact achievements are difficult to confirm.

He told CBC earlier this month that he’d made the journey with three other former Canadian soldiers and they were greeted with hugs and handshakes when they crossed the border.

“They were so happy to have us,” he told CBC. “It’s like we were friends right away.”

Holt said Wali’s fame certainly contributes to why Russia would want to amplify news of his supposed death. But, he said, the posts about Wali are part of a bigger picture, and a long tradition of spreading information during times of war.

“It is important to note that this is just another tool in the broader suite of information warfare,” Holt said. “In traditional information warfare, going back to the last couple of decades even to World War Two and Vietnam, the use of printed materials in order to demoralize or stabilize the population of an occupied country, or conflict itself, is quite common.”

Russia’s use of disinformation, misinformation and propaganda has been well documented by the international community, especially since the country’s invasion of Crimea in 2014. A U.S. intelligence report released last year described the Russian state being at the centre of a controlled information ecosystem, which includes state media, farming internet trolls and propped-up friendly third party sites.

Ukraine, meanwhile, has not said anything about Wali through its official communications channels.

There are examples of propaganda being used on both sides of the war.

In Russia, state-controlled news outlets have amplified videos apparently showing a Nazi flag captured by Russian forces in Ukraine (Nazism in Ukraine is being used by Russia as justification for the invasion). In Ukraine, government sources spread a story about the capture of the tiny Snake Island by Russian forces, saying a mere 13 soldiers defending the island refused to surrender and therefore were killed (Ukrainian sources later said they may have been captured, not killed).

Holt said the barrage of information out there — some true and some false — makes it all but impossible to verify whether a person like Wali may actually be alive.

After all, Holt said, the smart thing for Wali to do in the circumstance is to stay quiet.

“So in the interim, the smartest thing to probably do is take everything with a grain of salt and check the source. If it is just troll farms (spreading this information) then it’s probably not truthful,” Holt said. “But it’s very hard. I would say, it’s like an informational fog of war where there’s no good information and it’s hard to necessarily get accuracy until third parties, new sources, etc., can validate.”

View attachment 825869
I don't understand, are you just posting the article or you are disputing what I wrote on the summary?

Because that's exactly what I said in the summary there, I just didn't quote the entire article.

That's a very thoughtful and good analysis. I guess in the past Russia did commit genocide against Muslims and totally exterminated any traces of them. So did the Spanish. When the Crusaders occupied Jerusalem they killed all the Muslims and Jews.

In contrast, when Muslims were powerful they didn't do that to Christians. There've always been ancient Christian communities in Palestine, Egypt. Iraq and other places. The Ottomans ruled Eastern Europe for centuries and never even bothered converting them to Islam, let alone killing them. The same thing happened in Muslim India, where even after 600 to 800 years of rule they never bothered converting Hindus to Islam. Only a small percentage.

Going forward, the current problem with Muslims is a lack of a leading country. In Samuel Huntington's book "Clash of Civilizations" he notes that all civilizations have a central country, e.g. USA for the West, China for the Chinese civilization etc., but Muslims don't have any central state. Once the Ottoman Empire fell there's been no central power for Muslims and they became a bunch of caged squawking chickens

Any attempt to create one will be attacked, so it's going to be difficult to create something. However, I believe there might be a small window of opportunity in the next few years to try to set something up.

The problem is population or lack of it.

You can see it in Europe. There is no big country or big enough country. Same goes for Muslim countries.

You can not take tiny or medium sized middle Eastern countries and pit them against giants like Soviet Union, China, Americans or Indians even.

They can only be attacked and destroyed if they are tiny like Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Palestine. The entire contiguous Muslim world incl middle east north africa central asia balkans combined has a lower population than India.

Just one Hindu country.

You are wrong about China.

There are no other Chinese countries.

China is the civilization.

There is no more the Roman Empire.

You can say Americans have taken up the mantle and lead the renewed Roman Empire.

5th General now Confirmed killed. That's 5 in less than 4 weeks

By the way, for those who are interested, US lost 1 general for the entire 20 years campaign in Afghanistan

And that is from a Green on Blue job when a ANA open up on the base because he was denied leave from Eid

The last general killed before Greene is Maj. Gen. John A.B. Dillard Jr

Killed on May 12, 1970. In Central Highland, Vietnam.

And six US general officer killed during 10 years of Vietnam War

Just posting the article!
For anyone who may be interested in reading on this Wali's topic.
fair enough

Apart from Chechnya, the Russians are not in conflict with muslims. The West, owned by the Zionists, have destroyed muslim countries. Nato has pushed to far, and Russia's pateince has ended.
You cant be in conflict with someone when you take their land, kill the people, erase any trace that they existed. There is no conflict there. Perhaps you are suggesting that the west deal with muslims the same way Russia has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom