What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean $75 trillion in Russia apparently, are they digging it out with teaspoons?
Before they extract even half a much, the world may have no need for fossil fuel. Besides, extraction and distribution will also cost a lot. So these pictures are more for click bait :undecided:

Ask EU & USA to sanction the third world country for buying Russian Oil? :azn:

Russian oil and gas is not sanctioned so far by the EU or the US. The US is happy for Russia to sell heavily discounted oil for worthless Rupees.

German Siemens company halts all activity in Russia. Which means the Sapsan highspeed railsystem will be non functional in a matter of weeks. Sapsan is a german made train based on german ICE3 system. Without Siemens maintenance it goes offline within a matter of weeks.

Good opportunity for Chinese high speed rail industry to replace German high speed rail industry in Russia.

China's new maglev is a beast.

The Soviet Union is not the Russian federation.

If it was the Soviets, Ukraine would has been under complete Soviet control within a matter of days, an Zelensky would have been buried 6 feet under within hours of the invasion.

The fact that the Soviets took those hits is the reason why Russia's population suffers extreme fluctuations. The Russian Federation can't afford to take such hits, which was the reason behind Russia's modernization plan in the first place.

Okay, now I'm done.
Maybe had Poutine recognized that, Russia would not be in the sorry state it is today. But think -- and think hard -- about what you said. If the Soviet Union is not the Russian Federation, then why not? But if someone, whoever he/she maybe, does believe the Russian Federation is the the Soviet Union, then why? What evidence, hard or soft, does he/she have to believe that the collapse of the Soviet Union did not changed Russia? So it seems the first sentence of your comment is the foundation of this war, ain't it? That many people all over the world at all levels of society, and in this forum, believed in the opposite that the Russian Federation is STILL the Soviet Union. Their ignorance is flat earth level despite the evidence arrayed in front of them.

But the support for Russia IN THIS FORUM is now clear, that it is a face saving measure for themselves and not of Russia, because they believed that the Russian Federation is STILL the Soviet Union, and now, from the military perspective that the Russian military is floundering, they resort to ridiculous self face saving defense like how 'humane' is the Russian Army therefore the war lasted as along as it is. I hope that their countries' military leaderships are filled with people like them.

What you said have been in my mind but I was waiting for anyone with the intellectual courage to cut thru the bullshit, especially the bullshit from the Russia camp, and finally someone with a single sentence finally did it. Congratulations. Too bad I could not give you a trophy thru the interweb ether.
Damn...!!! The Soviet Union is NOT the Russian Federation. :lol: :yahoo::cheers::omghaha:

Russian oil and gas is not sanctioned so far by the EU or the US. The US is happy for Russia to sell heavily discounted oil for worthless Rupees.
INR depreciates a lot and this is by design to some extent. Russia will not agree to this arrangement if it had any choice. At the very least, it would have preferred Yuan. The fact that this deal went through is a testament to the kind of situation that Russia finds itself. GOI cannot resist this temptation at a time when Indian budget deficit is at 6%. If Washington looks the other way, India will even try to pay for S400 in rupees and quickly put an order for S500. By the time Russia converts the rupees into anything useful, it would be worth half as much :laugh:

We beat Russia to a pulp? Dude NATO and US are scared to implement a no-fly zone, they don't have the balls. They are just fighting Russia till the last Ukrainian.

In the process of not implementing a no-fly zone because they are scared, they are allowing Russia to beat Ukraine to a pulp. As Zelensky has mentioned it countless times that West is responsible with Russia for thousands of Ukrainians deaths.
THINK about what you just said...That the US/NATO lacked the political balls to implement an NFZ. Then contrast that to the reality that the VKS lacked the TECHNICAL capability to implement its own NFZ over Ukraine, like how seemingly powerful Russia should be able to do.

Political will can change pretty much in an instant. But not so much for technical skills.

More likely, if America loses India then America would be essentially out of the Eurasian continent. India is the last and only real bulwark for American desires in that most crucial region of the world. Related to that... just a few days ago a prominent Indian tv anchor Arnab Goswami boasted on his show saying something like 'we run your information technology' talking to Americans. It was a veiled threat.
Keep outsourcing jobs and manufacturing... Yup, keep doing that on behalf of some hundred corporations and their paid for media and politicians.

Germany & other countries will be buying Russian Oil/Gas at Par with €. On other hand, we'd be getting it at heavily discounted Price using ₹. It's Win-Win situation for us. When we were sanctioned by West, we traded with Russia using Worthless ₹ & negated the impact of sanctions, like wise Russia will do it.

Yuan is also an option to trade between us.

In near future, expect Rupay to replace Visa/Mastercard along with Chinese (they have already started issuing) in Russia. :enjoy:

Last edited:

Peter Hitches saying 'Nato is a menace'. Eastern expansion of Nato cause of the problem.

Im a realist, putinist Russia is a threat for me. Now its weaker than ever before and from a tactical point its best now to kill it off. Once they are deputinized we can see what can be done there.
You are the farthest thing from a realist. You are a rabid ideologue that sees no reason, and only operates on emotion. And most of that emotion is hatred.

If you were a realist, you would realize that this war is being provoked by the US to both bate Russia and in turn, will severely damage Europe’s economy. You will gain nothing from this, only suffering.

If you are given a direct order to bomb a building that you suspect is civilian, will you obey? I'm curious about what soldiers think is ethical in this scenario. Question open to all military professionals in this forum who are willing to respond. Average civilians like me are curious :unsure:
I will not.

Am not saying that because of the expediencies in this debate just to make myself 'look good'. I said that because that was how I was trained. That does not mean it is easy to decide either way, especially when a pilot have seconds or even less to decide for himself if the target is a legitimate target. If the target is truly filled with enemy forces, then the pilot have just put his comrades in jeopardy, but if the target is truly filled with civilians, then the pilot just saved them from his weapons. But a decision must be made and PERSONALLY if I suspect that my target could be illegal, I would not pickle.

You are the farthest thing from a realist. You are a rabid ideologue that sees no reason, and only operates on emotion. And most of that emotion is hatred.

If you were a realist, you would realize that this war is being provoked by the US to both bate Russia and in turn, will severely damage Europe’s economy. You will gain nothing from this, only suffering.

Well, Europeans have the distinction to have waged the two most bloody wars in human history in barely a couple of generations and perhaps the peace of the last 70-80 years was an interval, if you knew the history before that. And if this goes out of hand then expect even bloodier one. Putin is not going to go down without taking others down. He must be given a way out and we should wait for the post-Putin era.

Edit: Had a conversation many years ago with a young WASP friend--I think it was 2006 Hezbollah-Israel conflict. The guy, a liberal, said: 'Don't they always fight each other and kill each other??' I said no, that region had relative peace for centuries until the West got involved.

Last edited:
More likely, if America loses India then America would be essentially out of the Eurasian continent. India is the last and only real bulwark for American desires in that most crucial region of the world. Related to that... just a few days ago a prominent Indian tv anchor Arnab Goswami boasted on his show saying something like 'we run your information technology' talking to Americans. It was a veiled threat.
Keep outsourcing jobs and manufacturing... Yup, keep doing that on behalf of some hundred corporations and their paid for media and politicians.

Please, a bulk of the Indian middle class income is linked to off shored support for US and EU businesses. Imagine a 150 million unemployed Indians. That threat from Mr Goswami is still born.

Late last year I was at a forum with CEO's,CTO's and CIO's from some of largest firms on the planet. All of them raised post COVID concerns about dependence on Indian IT - when many Indians were unable to work due to the COVID pandemic raging in India. Many firms are exploring options in Asia, South America and Eastern Europe.

It isn't an easy problem to solve, we are in this position today because we took economies of scale beyond its logical conclusion and ended up with single points of failure. We are diversifying it will take time, I suspect a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom