What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.) It's illegal
what's illegal about Russia selling oil for example to Benin ?
B.) You will need to find an oversea bank that not afraid of being sue for sanction violation.
if its not done in Dollar or EU , then suing the bank will be illegal
and you always can use alternate transaction system that bypass swift.

Well then,tell them to stop attracting and start talking about neutrality,buffer zones and peace.

i said this so many times.
NATO leaders and for the most part USA UK and Poland have done a big mistake by trying to make Ukraine a member. I really see no good reason for Ukraine becoming so hostile to its big neighbor.

When you push a competitor too far into a corner he will respond violently. Thsts just human survival instinct kicking in. Its no different for a big country like Russia.

The greatest politicians are those who know the right balance. Being cocky and arrogant is recipe for unexpected negative consequences.

By stopping losses. They without a doubt know how much they lose in botched offensives.

They still have tons of armour, SAMs, and artillery to hold where they are.

Hard to see the rate of losses slowing to much with the new influx of weapons the US is providing.

Their MBT losses already are at 25-30%.

What you failed to see is you either needed "Extra" money to buy "Extra" oil from Russia.

Or you don't buy stuff from other country and spare those money to buy "Extra" Russian oil.

As I said before, you can choose, and if you honestly think this is a lot better to trust a country that 4 big credit agency just listed as "Junk" status, instead of other client, then be my guest, I have no complaint.....

I mean, it's your money.
can you tell me what's the rating has to do with ability to provide oil .
a question what's the rating of Iran by those credit agency ? do you have doubt if anybody want to buy oil from us we can provide it to them in short notice ?

Pan tha yaar the biggest criminal in the history of mankind calls Put-in a war criminal... Now I have heard everything.

Pan tha yaar the biggest criminal in the history of mankind calls Put-in a war criminal... Now I have heard everything.

It takes one to know one ….

Their MBT losses already are at 25-30%.

Even if they lose half of all tanks they threw on Ukraine, they will still have hundreds.

The biggest thing in South East for Ukraine is to prevent Russian forces from consolidating, and keeping their attrition rate high by delivering defeat in details, and using their anti-tank advantage.

To really hope to push Russians out, Ukraine needs to inflict like 60%-70% destruction on Russian units, and they are still very far from that.

The obvious question is what they want to do now.

Ukrainians are now very successful with their defence anchored around large cities. Russian attrition rates against this strategy are scaring Russians from further moves.

All their action for the last week was trying to take smaller, less defended towns.

Will Ukrainians risk compromising their very good defensive stance by repositioning troops for the offensive, while knowing that their numbers, and own offensive firepower aren't enough?

@jhungary
Probably a more poignant question is "What the Russian can do"?

As I said in my previous analysis before, Russia only have certain amount of time to conduct this operation. In the military, we call it "Culmination Point" which is a point where the attacker no longer sustain their initial operation, to which the invasion is either stagnate or faulter. I wrote that it will be at the 28th days (Was going to write a post with this topic on the 28th days, that's why I came back here) Gen Ben Hodges famously said on TV he gave 10 days 3 days ago which would make it 30th days

Each component on field (vehicle, weapon, logistic and solider) have to be replace roughly 4 weeks after the initial operation in order to sustain an operation, otherwise what you see in 28th days or so is going to be where the line is going to be because without fresh input, there will not be any major progress, and I cannot see how Russia can replace those lost.

Bear in mind Russia is a big country (like REALLY big) which mean domestically, they are going to need substantial amount of soldier to guard their own country, take US in Iraq for an example, US have at no time giving more than 15% of National Force to deploy in Iraq, and it keep rotating every single year. Russia is estimated have put in 30-35% of National Force (The entire Russian Military) in Ukraine, which mean you will have to bring in another 35% of national strength to replace the one you has been using. Which mean it only left 30% to defend the entire country. (35% of the force are redeploy to Ukraine where the 35% initial force is home Recovering and Reconstituting, which left 30% available force to defend Russia) That is a big no in term of Military Strategy....That is why Putin mentioned "Syrian and African" fighter because they are running out of men to fight this war.

On the other hand, in case you have not realise, most Equipment Russian used in this fight is second tiered, like @LeGenD said the top gear stuff is not deployed, and one can only guess why? If it was me, I would say from the training to actual performance of the Russian Force in this fight, deploying those stuff would only make them Ukrainian.......So, either they know their troop is not up to the task, or the general simply lost faith with the command structure and use second tier equipment instead, the reason being, I don't want to be here in the first place, so I am not going to bring my number 1 toy with me. Not sure if that make sense to you,.

for that you can use valuable metals and stones , there is no need to use foreign currency
lol how?

Bear in mind Russian bank is bar from settling all those item with money apart from oil and gas (Which will also be cut off if and when Europe get rid of Russian gas)

There is a reason why we all use money instead of trading item with item, even in Iran. Can you care to guess why?

Even if they lose half of all tanks they threw on Ukraine, they will still have hundreds.

The biggest thing in South East for Ukraine is to prevent Russian forces from consolidating, and keeping their attrition rate high by delivering defeat in details, and using their anti-tank advantage.

9,000 more anti tank weapons entering Ukraine starting next week from the US.

And the US has allocated an additional $2.5B in future weapons packages for Ukraine.

We’re already seeing near operational paralysis from the Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom