What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in Ukraine

The T-14 may not be in Ukraine, simply because Moscow doesn’t have enough to actually send. As previously reported, Russian tank manufacturer Uralvagonzavod first said the T-14 would be delivered in 2018. Then the distribution of the first nine tanks would come in 2019. After this date came and went, the leadership said 20 would be tested and 80 would be ready by the end of 2021.

Moscow had announced last year that the T-15 Armata would enter serial production this year, but it seems that the new cutting-edge MBTs wont’ be ready until after next year at the very earliest.

Dear, I was teasing.

Russia dispatched BMPT-72 to Ukraine:

But they are hesitant to dispatch Armata.

The answer is obvious; it is good for parades, photo sessions, YouTube and video games.

Russians will not risk it in Ukraine.

I think if Russia pummels Kiev with thousands of Iskankers they can force a surrender but the downside would be millions of dead civilians.

Dear, I was teasing.

Russia dispatched BMPT-72 to Ukraine:

But they are hesitant to dispatch Armata.

The answer is obvious; it is good for parades, photo sessions, YouTube and video games.

Russians will not risk it in Ukraine.

The obvious question is what they want to do now.

Ukrainians are now very successful with their defence anchored around large cities. Russian attrition rates against this strategy are scaring Russians from further moves.

All their action for the last week was trying to take smaller, less defended towns.

Will Ukrainians risk compromising their very good defensive stance by repositioning troops for the offensive, while knowing that their numbers, and own offensive firepower aren't enough?

@jhungary

A win for Russia is a win for China.

1. Russia is a puppet / proxy country of China.

2. Russia is a neighbor of China.

3. Domination of Ukraine enables China to connect to western Europe via the One Road program, connecting the western shores of The Old World with the eastern shores of The Old World.

Think of two gangs. One gang gets into the other's turf and tries to take the people on its side. The other gang gets angry and when a turf war is about to break out the entire neighborhood ends up in the middle of it.
Nope, wrong comparision. NATO\EU is not activelly recruting, it`s attracting. Russia is desperate for the people not escaping.

I think Kharkov and Mariupol are the key. Kharkov is Ukraine's second biggest city after Kiev. Mariupol is Ukraine's second biggest port city after Odessa. Putin can install Yanukovych in Kharkov as a rival government to Kiev.
The main fighting is in Mariupol and the east. The best part of the Ukrainian army is based there and has been surrounded and is in the process of being destroyed. Fighting in Kiev, by contrast has been minor.

Once the east is secured, I think the Russians will move to Kiev to control it. I don't think a 'rival' government in Kharkov will work. The Russians have to take Kiev in order to control all of Ukraine if they are to acheive their war aims.

Unless of course the Kiev regime accepts Russian demands.

The obvious question is what they want to do now.

Ukrainians are now very successful with their defence anchored around large cities. Russian attrition rates against this strategy are scaring Russians from further moves.

All their action for the last week was trying to take smaller, less defended towns.

Will Ukrainians risk compromising their very good defensive stance by repositioning troops for the offensive, while knowing that their numbers, and own offensive firepower aren't enough?

@jhungary
Will the Ukrainian side not be tired and less effective over time? The Russians can rotate with some reserves.

Even though the defenders start with a higher motivation, human endurance has its limits. I wonder if they can withstand the barrage of artillery for long. This may be the reason why Zelenskyy is pushing of meeting with Putin as soon as possible :undecided:

I think if Russia pummels Kiev with thousands of Iskankers they can force a surrender but the downside would be millions of dead civilians.
Do you think Russia has that many? Come on, dude. Statements should be realistic and supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom