What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nay, China does not have this problem. It's army isn't filled with over pampered city boys.
I bet the Taiwanese army isn't filled with such men either

Taiwan is less than 100 km across. Chinese Navy can launch missile strikes with impunity far outside the reach of Taiwanese forces and intercept their aircraft while taking off with naval SAMs.

Taiwan also imports 70% food and 95% oil. Chinese Navy can stop any shipments of food and oil. There is no other way to get food and oil to Taiwan.

Navy is the most important branch of the conventional military.
Well you're right about the importance of a navy against Taiwan, but one thing you haven't learned from the Ukranian-Russian war is to never underestimate the enemy.

I don't know how deeply Chinese population is brainwashed, but after all those Taiwanese people are your brothers.
A war with no real motive never goes well.

I bet the Taiwanese army isn't filled with such men either
As I said, you really should watch their TVs. It is quite entertaining to watch those baby soldiers cry out for the "harsh" training they get.

Taiwan is less than 100 km across. Chinese Navy can launch missile strikes with impunity far outside the reach of Taiwanese forces and intercept their aircraft while taking off with naval SAMs.

Taiwan also imports 70% food and 95% oil. Chinese Navy can stop any shipments of food and oil. There is no other way to get food and oil to Taiwan.

Navy is the most important branch of the conventional military.

Not so easy, China has the impossible task neutralise USA navy first. any land invasion start or even a blockade of Taiwan

As I said, you really should watch their TVs. It is quite entertaining to watch those baby soldiers cry out for the "harsh" training they get.
I know, this is a problem all across Asia.
The difference between Taiwan and China is that China straight out bans footage that shows Chinese soldiers as weak.
Part of their propaganda effort.

Russia cant ride out the sanctions. Its cut off from Europe completly and crippled. In this state its destined for a slow and agonizing death as a nation. Russia itself has nothing to offer to its own people. The young and educated one run away and whats left?

this I am not sure about. Foreign trade only makes up a certain amount of any countries GDP. Without that foreign trade, the standard of living should fall by that amount if there is no foreign trade. maybe 10% to 30%.

In real life it makes life more difficult, but thats just subjective. Personally I think it some western companies that pillage a country should have stayed in russia and continued their exploitation.

The sanctions will have a noticeable impact on their civilian and military industry.

What the actual people think doesn't really matter. they've lived in worse situations. They are not a happy people generally and they dont really seek to be happy. The Men enjoy vodka and hot women, and they have plenty of both. The women enjoy being with rich men who wear Adidas. There will always be enough of them around.

They have such a large country and such resources that they will always have the minimum and generally a pretty good life. A courtly doesn't need foreign trade to be wealthy if they have the knowledge and resources.

Russian point of view ;

Interview of Vladimir Chirkin,former commander of russian ground forces about the situation in Ukraine. He believes "demilitarization of Ukraine has been completed by 70-80%.

@F-22Raptor @LeGenD @RescueRanger

Russian point of view ;

Interview of Vladimir Chirkin,former commander of russian ground forces about the situation in Ukraine. He believes "demilitarization of Ukraine has been completed by 70-80%.

@F-22Raptor @LeGenD @RescueRanger
Russia has succeeded in militarization of Ukraine's entire civil society. :laugh:

To quote @Constantin84 's words "Today's Russians are not the early 90s Russians, they're not Soviet era Russians, they're not tsarist era Russians, used to extreme poverty and a boot on their neck. Today's Russians know about Western culture, freedoms and, most importantly...Western luxury and way of life, abroad hollydays,smartphones and the Internet. Once you're used to that, there's no way to revert to a North Koreean, Soviet way of life"

Russians nowadays especially the younger generations aren't the same as those during tsarist or soviet union periods,used to extreme poverty and hard life/labor.

They're now used to the western way of life and the luxury coming with it. They're used to own western brands,wear western brands,eat western food,watch western series and movies....

Anyway, what Ukraine should fear is that Russia decides to reduce its invasion to eastern and southern parts, consolidates there, use the very considerable Russian ethnic presence, especially in the eastern part, and make the Dnipier River, which is supposed to have only limited crossings, a natural barrier and target the Russian guns on Kiev as blackmail... sort of like North Korea does by targeting Seoul. IF Russia is able to achieve those goals--which are in the realm of possibilities--then Russia will have won the war even if at great cost to itself. I believe in that case Russia will eventually ride out the sanctions.
If Ukraine could have a country under democratic control west of the dnieper. It would be the most amazing victory ever for Ukraine and the west.

If afraid that Russia will not stop until it has taken all of urkiane and even further.

If russia takes all of the south and east its fine because noone will ever recognise that in the west, the sanctions will continue for 50 years. and russia will be targeted forever until it changes government and gives up these territories. While at the same time you will have democratic rump Ukraine as an armed buffer country. That would be the best outcome that the ukranians and the west could ever hope for. Russia bordering Romania with the whole Black Sea coast would be a disaster. but still having any Ukraine under democratic control and friendly to the west would be amazing and far beyond what I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom