What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
not going to happen if the ukrainian army retreats and collapses like armenian or afghan one
When you face against an onslaught, you should be retreating and hide. Remember how the Taliban lost Afghanistan in short amount of time in the start of the invasion? They retreat and hide in the mountains or neighbor Pakistan.

Biden will speak on Russia's attack on Ukraine​

As the US assess Russia's invasion of Ukraine, President Joe Biden will address the nation soon.

The US and the world have not seen a “conventional move like this, nation state to nation state, since World War II” a senior defense official had told reporters earlier on Thursday. “Certainly nothing on this size and scope and scale."

Biden “will deliver remarks on Russia’s unprovoked and unjustified attack on Ukraine,” the White House said in its daily guidance.

In a Twitter message published earlier today, Biden said he agreed with fellow G7 leaders "to move forward on devastating packages of sanctions and other economic measures to hold Russia to account."

With all due respect, I can only repeat what I wrote today so often since I strongly need to oppose this most simplistic standpoint: Yes, there are Nazis in Ukraine, no-one denies and they have a severe social issue with this. Fact!

However also fact is, that other countries - including France, the USA and Russia itself - have similar tendencies too. As such to condemn a whole country, its society and its government as being Nazi infected or even a Nazi regime shows only a lack in historical understanding or being fallen into a well-laid propaganda trap.

This is worse, when this is used as an argument for an all-out war against the whole country and not only within/against those occupied regions. AGAIN YES, Nazis are an evil - I know it quite well from my country's own shameful history - but as noted, unfortunately other countries do have the same issues too. Therefore any claims or comparisons, the Ukrainian government is a Nazi regime and all their "outrages" would be comparable to Saddam Hussein, Bin Laden or any other terrorist's crimes is both inappropriate and unjustified here. (Like certain members try to portray here and at the SDF)

Again, I want to make clear that NO-ONE denies there are Nazis in Ukraine but this is not the real reason and even more, never an excuse for that war.

As a final word, let me add a personnel note: I'm neither pro US or EU nor am I defending their system. In fact I'm opposing the lack of NATO's of understanding towards Russia's security concernsand the fallen promises once made during the negotiations towards my own country‘s reunification since a long time as shameful. In fact in other forums I'm much too often called the understander of Russian and China! But it is my strong believe, that war is not the answer, even lesser when based on lies!

Consequently I never applauded what the US did in other countries and we all know to what terrible consequences such and other lies led in the ME, in Iraq, Iran and Syria …. But again, this is not a reason to advocate or justify this war!

I hope for at least a bit of understanding since in another forum I was right thereafter condemned as a Nazi-supporter or even a Nazi since I am opposing this war and/or since I am a German.

So, lets stay rationale and not too much simple-minded to judge by a single (or even a few more) images posted in the Internet since they support our opinion … the reality is often not that simple.

Best and take care,
Andreas
Yes the whole Nazi angle is a red herring / canard used by Putin to gin up support inside the Russian populace. Ukraine has a white supremist issue but so does Hungary and Bulgaria 10x more. And both are now part of EU. We saw how they handled the immigrant issue a few years back.
I am just curious at the timing of the whole event. Why now? Was Ukraine at the cusp of being admitted to NATO/EU?

The sanctions package on the table:

• Interruption of internet access in Russia
  • Cutting electrical lines to EU
  • Replacing railway shears
  • Exclusion of Russia from the swift system
  • Cancellation of licenses of companies affiliated with Russia
  • Blocking of offshore assets
Freight prices will go crazy

A patch that says "SS", yeah.

'Russia for Russians,' chant thousands of neo-Nazis in Moscow march​

Thousands of far-right nationalists and neo-Nazis marched through Moscow on Friday to call for ethnic Russians to "take back" Russia, as resentment grows over dark-complexioned Muslim migrants from Russia's Caucasus and the money the Kremlin sends to those restive regions.​

russianazis.jpeg

Parts of Europe hosted some of the most brutal wars the world has ever seen.
btw, those times are long gone. the last fierce war was the bosnian-serb-croatian threeway

Ukrainian Ambassador to the United States Oksana Markarova said Thursday that “all Ukrainians” will fight to protect their country in the face of a Russian invasion.

“The combat spirit of Ukrainian military is high,” Markarova said at a press conference in Washington, DC.

1645728052014.png

“We are fighting. We will be fighting. We, not only our brave and motivated military, but all Ukrainians, we are protecting our homes and we will not stop,” she said.

Markarova expressed thanks to US President Joe Biden “for the immediate statement which came minutes after (Russian President Vladimir) Putin’s decision to go on this offensive,” as well as other allies “who issued statements in support of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity.”

“We value all the support. We hear all the support. It's very important for us,” she said. “But it's also time to act. And we call on the international community to act immediately.”

Asked by CNN whether she believed Russian President Vladimir Putin would have been deterred if the US had imposed stronger sanctions earlier, Markarova said, “we are where we are ...

so let's focus on the sanctions that the United States and other countries will impose right now.”
“This is what matters,” she said. “The actual deeds that we all together will do now is what matters.”

\\

so a simple patch is enough to accuse a person of nazism?
If the patch belongs to that of the Waffen SS (men who literally boiled women and children to death) then yes, very much yes, they are inspired by Nazi's. But then again as others have mentioned, Nazism is a ideal similar to the ideal of Anarchism proposed by Kropotkin.

European Union wants to target Moscow leadership with further sanctions​

From CNN's Niamh Kennedy in London and James Frater in Lviv

The European Union wants to "hit" the Moscow leadership with its package of further sanctions regardless of whether SWIFT is included, according to a senior EU diplomat.

Earlier on Thursday, CNN reported that the bloc was undecided as to whether to cut Russia off from SWIFT, a high-security payment network that connects thousands of financial institutions around the world.

The diplomat told journalists in a briefing that the combination of Tuesday's package alongside the fresh package due to come into effect from Friday, will be "really concentrated to hit the leadership in Moscow and those around Mr. Putin and profiting from this war.”

EU leaders are expected to discuss these sanctions during an emergency summit in Brussels on Thursday evening.

The diplomat told CNN that they expected "leaders to focus on sharing their thoughts and political positions on the big things and not on discussing in details certain measures.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom