What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

It would take longer to train Ukrainian pilots on the A-10 as opposed to the Tucano.
The Tucano can be flown by civilians with a amateur pilots license. Plus, the Russians may see the A-10 as major escalation not so much with a crop duster.
Well, I don't think there are any Aircraft transfer, A-10 or Tucano. That would involve way too big of an logistic issue. You don't just need to train for it, you also need a chain of maintenance issue to come with, I mean it will take years to get a logistic hub set up for those, and even if they can be done, it would most likely be in inside Poland or Ukrainian neighbor, Ukrainian airfield is still too hot to be able to service those aircraft, I mean it would be pointless if you pull a Tucano or A-10 to a hanger then getting it bomb by Russian Drone or Missile.......They may not be able to do that in the air, but they can certainly do that when they are hangered for repair and service.

If we look at how far US in Afghanistan before giving the Afghan Tucano, it would not be 5 or 6 years before the situation being stabilised. Which mean I just don't see any chance US or anyone will give Ukraine any air power

My previous reply is actually if we have to dream, dream big....

The Russians aren't flying combat sorties in Ukrainian air space so I think those A-10's are safe. Particularly if @jhungary has the right information from his sources that anti-air assets are forward deployed. I guess the only challenge is avoiding blue-on-blue incidents since Ukraine is operating a zoo of anti-air assets donated by the West.

Well, we need to give them enough AA first, and then once their air situation stabilised, then we can invest in advance platform.

At this point there are just not enough AA system to go around and protect everything.

The bridge will be up and running long before the bombed power plants and railway stations in Ukraine are.

What makes you think they are suffering at a higher rate than the Russians?
cuz of ALL THE MILITARY CRAP RUSSia threw at Ukraine? RUssia's artillery is better, its air defense is better, its just stronger militarily, and Ukraine has been stupid also during many parts of this war, Ukraine already reported 10s of thousands dead, but yes, Russia probably lost 10-20K soldiers.
You still believe that 6k only dead BS?
probably not that low, but not 60K dead- thats propaganda- Ukraine's military ISNT that effective, dont kid yourself - it likely doesnt evne have the strength to keep fighting like this past this year- so much for all those saying "Ukraine will switch to hit and run asymmetrical warfare when the war grinds on"..lmao...Ukranians are fleeing ukraine after their lightss got cut off. lmao.
Russia loses 6k but needs to mobilize 300k.
because it needs more soldiers to hold onto all that territory it ook from Ukraine- you forget how huge Ukraine is? fighting is different from fighting and staying and holding securely - that requires alot more troops.
Hundreds of thousands of Russians are fleeing because they want no part in the war where their chances of surviving is very low.
but millions are mobilizing no? just wait - arent Ukranians fleeing after their electricty got denazified? i mean, they're such patriots, a lil inconvenience and they wanna exit?
You talk about mowing down so many Ukrainians yet you see Russia losing occupied territory in matter of weeks in Kharkiv and Kherson.
RUssia lost some of the territory, Ukraine cant even get any back now, and its tried for 10+ days to do so- cuz its exhausted also- small, broke azz, 3rd world military that people would've called stupid if they werent white.
And now the first group of so called 300k of questionable troops are surrendering or dying in droves.
where? lmao--- yo utell youself these tales so u can live in your denial- Ukraine is getting killed as we speak now - no water, roads, rail, electricity, damn even Afghanistan isnt that bad now.
Afghanistan was a different war.
its all war though, dont get into any specifics to distract- war is war if your troops and military are formally involved and active in the conflict, end of story.
Just like Vietnam was a different war and yet people constantly reminding the U.S. about how bad it would be in Gulf War just prior to fighting in Desert Storm yet we saw how that went, the so called Mother of all Battles or Vietnams. The war in Ukraine is more conventional.
oh sharap!

Russian army now only fit to serves as a punchline for a joke.

If anyone still believes in Russian victory or buy Russian made equipments after this need to be either laughed at or be put in an insane asylum.

They can pull 1-2 more thousands of T55-T62s from storage, but those are patently pre-historic. I.E. 54 has no steering wheel, only levers. They never had upgrades for even most basic modern sights with own velocity correction. They are effectively useless for firing on the move, despite a basic stabiliser. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/55_fire_control_system

Paradoxically, T62 are in better condition in Russian storage plants because they were put to storage in an organised fashion, before the collapse of the USSR. Tons of T72s on the other hand, were pretty much dumped under open air at depots, and then chaotically scavenged for parts, and materials of value.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom