What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

No. Well, I don't know, depends on circumstance.

If this is an execution, they wouldn't be line up so neatly. When you are shot standing up, especially you are not tied down (as they were not ties) you cannot control your fall when you died, because, well, you are dead already... So, your body would be positioned differently than other because the pose would have been random. As none of these soldiers can choose how they fall when they died.

Like this

See how the position of each body is different than the others?

And in this clip, 5 Russian body die head to toe in the same way, unless you really that lucky and they all felt the same way, or they were posed, but then you know it is not posted because the blood on the floor matches the wound. Which mean these body lies as it is. That's how it was deposited when they died.

So what kill these men? First of all, they all "Forced" into the same position would mean they were killed by a force traumatic enough to move the body of a few men which I guess weight about hundred kilogram each, that suggested explosion because bullet can't do that. Then you can see they are all lay in a circular direction with the same pattern of debris radiated along the floor, you would know it most likely an Artillery/mortar strike that kill these men.

Now if they were unarmed and hit by an artillery/mortar strike, and they are just shooting mortar round at them for fun, that could be a war crime, but it can also just be the soldiers had already cleaned up the scene and collected their weapon. So I don't know.
Even a blind can tell it's execution

US generals, Centcom generals, Israeli generals, thinks tanks are all aware of effector Iranian drones.

Iranian Drones Are Changing the Battlefields of Eurasia​

West keeps sending message to stop more shipments and is offering good deals to Iran.
Is it for a drone that is waste of money? No
—-
After Ukrainians found out TB2 is a hype, they stopped making songs and abandoned the TB2 line.

Yet we do not even have an amateur video of TB2. They were all captured or dismantled.

TB2 Never seen in the skies by ordinary people. Zero evidence of existence
While
Iranian drones roam the skies
Iranian suicide drones are good but not game changer ofcourse , they are cheap to build

Even a blind can tell it's execution
I have seen actual execution, have you? And I had been a detective for over 7 years (well, sort of...) a police for over 15 and then a soldier for 7 years prior to that. I think I have seen enough dead body to know if someone died and how they died

Other than "Even a blind can tell it's an execution" can you come up with any explanation to explain or rebutt what I said??

Or should I just take your words for it, and forego my 15 years + (Police + Military) experience, because you simply say so??

Tell me, what tell you these men were executed from the body and their position?? Can you comment on their wounds?

Last edited:
All those people are fooled into thinking that Ukraine is winning , it's Nato vs Russia , no country in history has recieved as much weapons,funds manpower and Intelligence as Ukraine did , Ukrainians are doing their only pressing buttons , nato satellites are locating Russian targets and locking it the Ukrainian only press the buttons there are more than 100 satellite working for Ukraine . Russia should return build it's economy and modernise it's armaments then talk of war it can't beat 40plus countries alone
Even the Ukrainian forces are now more and more appewr to be foreign fighters most probably nato soldiers which they calling volunteers

no country in history has recieved as much weapons,funds manpower and Intelligence as Ukraine did ,
Afghan National Army and Iraqi Army wanted to remind you that they had existed.

And if you compare this to Afghan Army and OIF?? Ukraine would have been flying Blackhawk and driving Abrams by now.

Seriously, what do you think Russia "Can" do??

You can't start a war with NATO, you start using nuke, everybody dies, you are not economically big enough to threaten NATO and Ukraine. The only thing Russia can do, and probably already had done, is to warm up to China and become their vassal, on the other hand, would China want this particular hot mess when the Chinese themselves have Taiwan in their mind??

That equipment is NOT going back to NATO, NATO will not come back and ask for everything back after this war. Those stuff stays in Ukraine.

The problem of those equipment is big, not the biggest concern, Ukraine is using NATO playbook to fight Russia, everything from fieldcraft to tactics down to intelligence operation are adopted by the Ukrainian, otherwise we can't feed them intel and they can't use it even if we do. THAT, is the serious problem, because I know how NATO work, but if I do tell you how NATO fight war, or how US fight war, then I will have 20 years waiting for me back in Leavenworth, Kansas. If you know what I know completely, you can plan how to fight NATO off, because you know how NATO operate, then in any wargame you don't just guess what would NATO do, but you will know EXACTLY what would NATO do, and that's the problem.

Step back a bit, do you know why Ukraine is very successful on resisting invasion and capturing Russian land in counter attack? That's because they know what Russian will do, they were trained with Russian doctrine until at least 2014. Unless Russia had written the entire doctrine from scratch since 2014, that playbook, the one that Ukraine know, will be used against Ukraine, and Ukraine would know how NATO could counter those doctrine, because they know both sides. And to a lesser extend how China would react because Chinese Doctrine build on Russian/Soviet Doctrine. Which mean not only Ukraine is a really valued partner but also a serious liability if it changes side.

How does it worry them when they are already fighting now?? You only threaten to fight you before you actually fight, that threat is gone once you are already in a war. You don't swing around the fence and think maybe they will do this or maybe they will do that. You know they will attack, and that would already been calculated by NATO before any membership. I am not saying NATO will most definitely allow Ukraine membership.

You know they will go to war, because there WAS a war already, and if you allow Ukraine to join, then you consider that thread is being outweighed by security concern, I mean it's probably 9 months too late to care about what Russia think.....

Ukraine already made that move, and they have applied for NATO membership again, that would be considered most likely after Finland and Sweden's membership which is going to be a year, so I will say in 3 or 4 years, there will be a result on NATO decision.

I already said my point toward Ukrainian NATO membership, that is up to NATO and Ukraine to decide, not me and you and Russia, so why talking about something when it does not concern you??
Europe has weakened so much that even UK won't support UK Israel Embassy move to Jerusalem, for now. Truly astonishing indeed. Russia has a few options, continue the fight for Eastern Ukraine and suffer more losses, buy time to fight a counter offensive another time or sue for peace with nuclear blackmail. World doesn't have an appetite for nuclear war and highly unlikely US or anyone else would sacrifice themselves for Ukraine. Meanwhile the Russians will ramp up defense manufacturing to fight another day. Russia will pay a heavy price for this defeat in Ukraine unless it has some other surprise in store. Wily Putin will be elevated to another status by the Russian people and spinned up man who stood up to the imperialist's Nazis. The only issue is that the de-Nazification of Ukraine has in fact emboldened and consolidated more Nazis.

All those people are fooled into thinking that Ukraine is winning , it's Nato vs Russia , no country in history has recieved as much weapons,funds manpower and Intelligence as Ukraine did , Ukrainians are doing their only pressing buttons , nato satellites are locating Russian targets and locking it the Ukrainian only press the buttons there are more than 100 satellite working for Ukraine . Russia should return build it's economy and modernise it's armaments then talk of war it can't beat 40plus countries alone
Even the Ukrainian forces are now more and more appewr to be foreign fighters most probably nato soldiers which they calling volunteers
We don't even know if the Ukrainians are pressing the buttons.

Europe has weakened so much that even UK won't support UK Israel Embassy move to Jerusalem, for now. Truly astonishing indeed. Russia has a few options, continue the fight for Eastern Ukraine and suffer more losses, buy time to fight a counter offensive another time or sue for peace with nuclear blackmail. World doesn't have an appetite for nuclear war and highly unlikely US or anyone else would sacrifice themselves for Ukraine. Meanwhile the Russians will ramp up defense manufacturing to fight another day. Russia will pay a heavy price for this defeat in Ukraine unless it has some other surprise in store. Wily Putin will be elevated to another status by the Russian people and spinned up man who stood up to the imperialist's Nazis. The only issue is that the de-Nazification of Ukraine has in fact emboldened and consolidated more Nazis.
Thing is, as I said many time to you and someone else. West could not ever give in to Nuclear Blackmail. That's the base line of what and why organisation like NATO exist in the first place. It's like sure, come attack us, we won't do shit even if Poland or Estonia invoke Article 5. Then what's the point for NATO at all??

There will not be nuclear blackmail, because the nuclear threat of Russia can be negated by the nuclear threat form the US. You keep asking would US or the West do something, but have you ever ask would Russia do something if the west use tac nuke??

The war is all but over for Russia, it wouldn't do much for any sabre rattling and nuclear blackmailing, because if it works, it can applies to NATO sending Arms to Ukraine, I mean they did blackmail the west that this is the redline and threatens to attack NATO asset carrying those arm, did NATO stop supplying arms?? And had Russia fulfilled their promise??

On the other hand, if Russia pull out now, Russia can slowly rearm and re-equip, but then so did Ukraine. And Ukraine would still enjoy western backing for the foreseeable future. On the other hand, it will take times for Russia to recover to the previous level, and more importantly, PREVIOUS LEVEL AIN'T ENOUGH to conquer Ukraine, that's how they were defeated in the first place. Which mean they would have to be over the previous level in order for them to start to do something, and god knows how long this is going to take...

is it true?

What do you mean is it true?

Did Zelenskyy made that address? Or did Ukraine liberate Kherson??

I have seen actual execution, have you? And I had been a detective for over 7 years (well, sort of...) a police for over 15 and then a soldier for 7 years prior to that. I think I have seen enough dead body to know if someone died and how they died

Other than "Even a blind can tell it's an execution" can you come up with any explanation to explain or rebutt what I said??

Or should I just take your words for it, and forego my 15 years + (Police + Military) experience, because you simply say so??

Tell me, what tell you these men were executed from the body and their position?? Can you comment on their wounds?

The off-topic question is, what's the most gruesome death you say from your combined civilian and military service? [Details, please].

Afghan National Army and Iraqi Army wanted to remind you that they had existed.

And if you compare this to Afghan Army and OIF?? Ukraine would have been flying Blackhawk and driving Abrams by now.
Afghan army didn't recieve 45bn$ in 6 months , and all those weapons were under nato forces afghans were only allowed to fly trainer jets or Russian copters,
Usa played smart here usa depleted all the European countries of their existing Russian weaponry now what choice Europe has other than buying American weapons ? Tens of countries ordered himmars , half of Europe will buy f35 so usa is the main beneficiary.
Usa economy is war economy they feed on wars if this one is over they will need another one perhaps taiwas vs china or may be India vs Pakistan . Usa can't live without wars
President trump wws the only president who opposed war and even spoke against generals and pentagon
He said our generals wants war to benefit weapon industry and I'm tired of these endless wars let's build america again

The off-topic question is, what's the most gruesome death you say from your combined civilian and military service? [Details, please].
First of all, murder victim is NEVER gruesome. Sure, there are some frenzy killers out there that "work" for people to remind them his/her job, but that is only a small percentage of killers in the world, and I have not met any. Most murder or manslaughter victim are clean, people kill people because they kill people.

Most gruesome death had to be either in an accident or in a warzone. I have seen the aftermath of an artillery strike which probably the most gruesome way to go, where people have their hands and leg blown off and their lower body blown off and have their guts and intestine hanging out. Or people losing half a head and you can see the cross section of a human head like you would when you are studying Biology in college, only back then they give you a model, and in a warzone, you see that for real.

In civilian life, traffic accident probably worse than anything else. Most of the time it's not the physical situation that get to you, it's almost always the emotional aspect. I mean, I would much rather see a person who died got jammed in a car wreck with blood dripping on his face and eyeball popped out (which they do when they are killed by a trauma to the head, than watching and investigating a 12-year-old girl near pristine strangled body got place in a pedestal, which unfortunately, I have seen both.

That's where you were wrong.

This, by this I mean NATO, is not in the business to become the undisputed Champions. NATO is a defense organisation, what they care about is the security in the region. NATO is "POWERLESS" unless someone invaded one of the NATO members. People see NATO as powerful because of individual member's power. Namely US, UK, Germany and France. But if you have to talk about NATO as a whole. NATO have a lot of smaller members and in some case that have nothing at all, like North Macedonia, Luxemburg and Iceland. Which these countries have nothing at all yet they are "Powerful" in a traditional deterrence sense because they have equal share in NATO. But collectvely, NATO is NOT powerful, the individual country is.

The world, on the other hand, spitted up between three parts. the US, the EU and China, these are the 3 biggest economies on earth. And whoever have the more share of the pie is the undisputed Champion. And for that, US and EU already are, because US and EU interest aligned, and they represent 2/3 of the world trade. Which mean as long as US and EU remain an ally, the world will be led by the US and EU collectively, and that's undisputed. On the other hand, India and China is at the same spectrum, whether or not China and India will cooperate is one issue, whether or not that cooperation can break the US-EU Dominance is another. Because if the first does not met at this phase, then China rise will dwarf Indian power, and vice versa. And if the first hold, then the second equation come into play, would an alliance of China and India break the US-EU cycle? I can't see into the future, but at this point, NO.

CountryWonLostDrawComment
Afghanistan600Gold
USA530Awaiting result in Ukraine
Russia522Awaiting result in Ukraine against USA
UK320Awaiting result of probe, fights war by proxy.
Vietnam21Disqualified, War abandoned

Afghan army didn't recieve 45bn$ in 6 months , and all those weapons were under nato forces afghans were only allowed to fly trainer jets or Russian copters,
Usa played smart here usa depleted all the European countries of their existing Russian weaponry now what choice Europe has other than buying American weapons ? Tens of countries ordered himmars , half of Europe will buy f35 so usa is the main beneficiary.
Usa economy is war economy they feed on wars if this one is over they will need another one perhaps taiwas vs china or may be India vs Pakistan . Usa can't live without wars
President trump wws the only president who opposed war and even spoke against generals and pentagon
He said our generals wants war to benefit weapon industry and I'm tired of these endless wars let's build america again
Afghan army receive 100 billion aid a year, that's 50b in 6 months and they don't all goes to tea and toilet seat.....otherwise how do you think we accumulated 2 trillion-dollar spending debt for the entire war??

If we are spending Ukrainian level on Afghanistan, we probably would never have left. By the way, at this point, the money we had spent in Ukraine is around 18.3 billions, the "BUDGET" is 40 billion for the passed on the last bill. Not all were spend, and there are still room to go. a couple of HIMARS and Couple thousand of Javelin or Stinger with a few Humvee, MAXPRO and M113 wouldn't come up with 45 billion price tag. You do know what 45 billion can buy, right? That's about 100 F-16.....,900 M1 Abrams worth of gear. I mean if you really believe US already spend 45 billion for Arms in Ukraine, then I have a giant overpriced clock to sell you....

Thing is, as I said many time to you and someone else. West could not ever give in to Nuclear Blackmail. That's the base line of what and why organisation like NATO exist in the first place. It's like sure, come attack us, we won't do shit even if Poland or Estonia invoke Article 5. Then what's the point for NATO at all??

There will not be nuclear blackmail, because the nuclear threat of Russia can be negated by the nuclear threat form the US. You keep asking would US or the West do something, but have you ever ask would Russia do something if the west use tac nuke??

The war is all but over for Russia, it wouldn't do much for any sabre rattling and nuclear blackmailing, because if it works, it can applies to NATO sending Arms to Ukraine, I mean they did blackmail the west that this is the redline and threatens to attack NATO asset carrying those arm, did NATO stop supplying arms?? And had Russia fulfilled their promise??

On the other hand, if Russia pull out now, Russia can slowly rearm and re-equip, but then so did Ukraine. And Ukraine would still enjoy western backing for the foreseeable future. On the other hand, it will take times for Russia to recover to the previous level, and more importantly, PREVIOUS LEVEL AIN'T ENOUGH to conquer Ukraine, that's how they were defeated in the first place. Which mean they would have to be over the previous level in order for them to start to do something, and god knows how long this is going to take...

What do you mean is it true?

Did Zelenskyy made that address? Or did Ukraine liberate Kherson??
You are assuming rationality but the war on Ukraine was irrational.

CountryWonLostDrawComment
Afghanistan600Gold
USA530Awaiting result in Ukraine
Russia522Awaiting result in Ukraine against USA
UK320Awaiting result of probe, fights war by proxy.
Vietnam21Disqualified, War abandoned
Then China probably 5000 to 0

Why? There are around 5000 war in China from both domestic threat and outside threat and China still exist regardless they win or lose.

Dude, you are pulling the last straw here, this is not an occupational war or an insurgency where US self-impose limit that got them "Defeated" in a sense. This is a conventional total war. And unless you are talking about what US/NATO would do after they conquered Russia or China or whatever, that's not the same.

Also, I believe Afghanistan is 4 to 2, Afghanistan was first conquered by Alexander the Great in 330BC and then back in the early 19th century by the Brits after second Anglo-Afghan War.

You are assuming rationality but the war on Ukraine was irrational.
So are you saying only Russia can be irrational??

Do I have to remind you the US is THE ONLY COUNTRY that ever used nuclear weapon??

For the first time since the WW2 war could enter Russian territory as the Ukrainians gain momentum and head for the border, panic must be setting in Moscow :-

Ukraine Signals It Will Stay on the Offensive, Despite Talk of a Lull​

Many analysts and diplomats have suggested there could be a pause in major combat, and even peace talks, over the winter, but after pushing the Russians out of Kherson, Ukraine has no desire to stop.

Ukrainian soldiers in the village of Snihurivka, in southern Ukraine, on Thursday, the day after Russia formally announced it had retreated from villages along the Kherson front.

Ukrainian soldiers in the village of Snihurivka, in southern Ukraine, on Thursday, the day after Russia formally announced it had retreated from villages along the Kherson front.Credit...Lynsey Addario for The New York Times

Carlotta Gall
By Carlotta Gall
Nov. 12, 2022Updated 7:25 a.m. ET
As jubilant Ukrainian troops hoist their national flag over Kherson after a comprehensive Russian retreat, they give no sign of stopping their offensives for the winter, or allowing the war to settle into a stalemate.
In the east, Ukrainian forces continue to grind forward and have repelled repeated Russian efforts to seize towns like Bakhmut and Pavlivka, reportedly killing hundreds of Russian soldiers. In the south, they are striking deep behind Russian lines, hitting Moscow’s troops before they can settle and build defenses on the eastern bank of the Dnipro River, across from Kherson.
And there are growing hints from troops on the ground, and volunteers close to them, that the Ukrainians are preparing for a new land offensive between those two fronts, south through the Zaporizhzhia region toward Melitopol, challenging Russia’s hold on the entire southern area that it seized in the invasion that began in February.
ADVERTISEMENT
Continue reading the main story

“The logic of war is not to pause and somehow continue to move forward,” said Senior Lt. Andriy Mikheichenko, a commander of an anti-tank unit defending the embattled town of Bakhmut, in the eastern Donbas region. “I think there will be counterattacks in other directions, so that the enemy does not have time to transfer reserves and block strikes.”

Ukrainian forces have repeatedly repelled Russian efforts to seize towns like Bakhmut, in the eastern Donbas region.Credit...Finbarr O’Reilly for The New York Times

Ukrainian forces have repeatedly repelled Russian efforts to seize towns like Bakhmut, in the eastern Donbas region.

Many analysts and diplomats have talked about the war entering a period of stasis during the cold of winter, with both militaries needing to rebuild. Some leaders — most notably, Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, on Thursday — have suggested that a lull in fighting would be a good time for talks.

• Dig deeper into the moment.
Special offer: Subscribe for $1 a week.

But the government in Kyiv, Ukraine’s capital, has been adamant that a stalemate would simply cement Russian gains, suggesting that, even if conditions force Ukraine to slow its offensives, it does not plan to stop them. There has been a chorus of conflicting predictions by military analysts and others, inside and outside Ukraine, about what to expect next, and Ukrainian soldiers often delight in the military command’s ability to obscure its intentions and keep everyone guessing.
The drawing of a new front line at the southern reaches of the Dnipro, with the two sides controlling opposite banks, will essentially bring a halt on the Kherson front, military analysts said. The river’s immense width and further damage to the main Antonivksy Bridge by departing Russian troops make it extremely difficult and risky for Ukrainian troops to try to pursue the retreating Russian forces across the water.
There was evidence that Ukraine was continuing to strike deep behind Russian lines, with reports of rocket strikes on Russian forces regrouping in several locations along the eastern bank, and of strikes in recent days on the southern cities of Melitopol and Henichesk, near the Black Sea coast, more than 40 miles from the front.

Editors’ Picks​

Pulses to Their Brains and 2 Women’s Binge Eating Went Away

‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Review: Women on the Home Front

Today’s U.F.C. Star Doesn’t Care if You Think His Fights Are Boring

ADVERTISEMENT

Ukrainian special forces and partisan forces will maintain a steady momentum of small-scale attacks behind Russian lines, said Justin Bronk, a senior research fellow in military sciences at the Royal United Services Institute, a defense analysis organization in London.

A Ukrainian soldier received medical treatment last month at a clinic three miles from frontline fighting positions in Bakhmut.Credit...Finbarr O’Reilly for The New York Times

One camp of commentators, made up of former Western military servicemen who follow the war closely and cite friends among those fighting, is already predicting that Ukraine will make further gains in the south, as Russian morale and organization unravel.
“A good day, my friend. Now we move on to other maps and other battles!” a former member of the U.S. Navy SEALs, Chuck Pfarrer, tweeted on Friday as Ukrainian troops swept into Kherson. Speaking on Twitter Spaces this week with the Mriya Report, a popular pro-Ukraine organization, Mr. Pfarrer said he thought the city of Melitopol was the next target to watch and spoke confidently of Ukraine’s ability to press its advantage and recapture more territory in coming months.
Other analysts were more cautious. Mr. Bronk said he expected both sides to take an operational pause because of the difficulty of muddy, wet and cold conditions, and because the fighting in Kherson had been extremely debilitating.
He predicted that full-scale fighting would resume in the spring. Ukraine’s next targets, he said, would most likely be either in the direction of Melitopol in the south or in the east, continuing the offensive that routed Russian forces from the Kharkiv region, to recapture the town of Svatove in the Luhansk region, which has been the focus of fighting for the past month.

Ukrainian citizens who had fled Russia-occupied territories in southern Ukraine reached a filtration point this month in Zaporizhzia, in southeastern Ukraine.Credit...Ivor Prickett for The New York Times

Ukrainian citizens who had fled Russia-occupied territories in southern Ukraine reached a filtration point this month in Zaporizhzia, in southeastern Ukraine.

ADVERTISEMENT

But he doubted that Ukraine had the concentration of forces to mount a large-scale offensive action, which, according to military convention, usually demands that attackers far outnumber defenders.
“I would be surprised if they have the ammunition, fuel and equipment to do it,” he said, adding, “There have been massive casualties on the Kherson front.”
General Milley said on Thursday that Russia and Ukraine had each suffered more than 100,000 casualties — dead and wounded — in less than nine months of warfare. Neither side has published official casualty figures amid strict control of information.
The commander of a volunteer battalion in the Zaporizhzhia region confirmed that Ukrainian casualties were high. He said he knew of one unit that was losing 20 men a day in eastern Ukraine, and he estimated that his country was still losing 100 to 200 men a day overall, as it had been earlier in the year when President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine first mentioned that rate.
But soldiers on the front line do not foresee any letup.

A Ukrainian soldier preparing to remove the body of a Russian soldier this month in Kupiansk-Vuzlovyi, in the Kharkiv region. Russia and Ukraine have each suffered more than 100,000 casualties since the start of the war.Credit...Finbarr O’Reilly for The New York Times

A Ukrainian soldier preparing to remove the body of a Russian soldier this month in Kupiansk-Vuzlovyi, in the Kharkiv region. Russia and Ukraine have each suffered more than 100,000 casualties since the start of the war.

Bakhmut continues to be a drawn-out fight, according to soldiers headed back to the front. The 93rd Brigade, the unit that had defended the town since the summer, was given just over a week to rest and has since returned to the trenches.
As it planned its withdrawal of troops from Kherson, the Russian command tried to secure a victory in the east, throwing newly mobilized soldiers into battles at Svatove, in northeastern Ukraine, and in the Donetsk region, in attempts to seize Bakhmut and the village of Pavlivka.
ADVERTISEMENT

The anti-tank unit commander in Bakhmut, Lieutenant Mikheichenko, said the fight for the city might be the next definitive battle. “Who survives this race will win,” he said. “It’s a game of attrition. Maybe there will be a turning point here because they do not want to give in. Troops are being thrown in, and we are the same.”
“If we break their backs here, only one strong group will remain — Zaporizhzhia,” he said of the Russians. “It stands separately, where the fighting is of medium intensity. Not like in Bakhmut, but not like in the Kherson region, either. We know that there are quite a lot of them. And how this grouping will behave, and what we will do, is still unknown.”
As winter approaches, both sides are also facing ammunition shortfalls. Russia has turned to North Korea and Iran for artillery shells and missiles. The Ukrainian military, according to a person familiar with Ukrainian officials’ demands, wants to increase the number of shells they fire each day — around 3,000 — by several thousand.

Ukrainian soldiers on Friday at a former Russian military base in the village of Blahodatne, in the Kherson region.Credit...Lynsey Addario for The New York Times

Ukrainian soldiers on Friday at a former Russian military base in the village of Blahodatne, in the Kherson region.

Despite Russia’s setbacks on the battlefield, the Russian military continues to wage an effective missile and drone campaign against Ukraine’s infrastructure, according to U.S. defense officials and military analysts, exposing gaps in a heavily strained Ukrainian air defense network.
One thing analysts agree on is that, whether or not there is a pause, the next stage will again be extremely brutal.
“The war will not stop in the coming winter,” Mick Ryan, a recently retired Australian Army major general, wrote in an article for ABC of Australia.
ADVERTISEMENT

“But it will be fought at a different tempo,” he added. “And it provides political and military leaders an opportunity to plan for what is likely to be a brutal and bloody year ahead.”
Thomas Gibbons-Neff and Marc Santora contributed reporting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom