What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The million dollar question. Where is Indian support for its Western allies? The West virtually stands alone in this crisis. The developing world has taken a neutral stance. Western ambassadors are trying to rally support for Ukrainian cause in many developing capitals. The response has been mute at best. India which claims to be a staunch ally of the West has also responded neutrally. Does this mean that even a staunch ally like India won't support the West during critical times? This despite overwhelming support for India from Western quarters. Testing times for US/NATO.

I am going to just about skip this whole 'Part 2' of this topic and cut to the chase! I expect pretty much what was said before in not only Part 1 but also in Part 2. Basically, the same old, same old. I have been mostly away from this forum for several months due to some career reasons but I have tried to follow the course of this latest pivotal war in human history and, as of now, here is what I think the overall situation is, along with my personal observations:

Americans are not going to stop destroying Russia EVEN IF Russia totally abandons the recently captured areas and retreats. And a dictator like Putin can't be seen to have 'lost' so Russia won't retreat. If someone takes out Putin to stop this war then I have no issues; humanity is more important than the Donbas region or someone's pride in a former glory. Russia, as I have often said in the Part 1 of this topic, is 'The Sick Man of Europe'. It has no future unless it shrinks to the west of the Urals, (and with minus the Caucasus regions, which are very different from Russia). In that scenario, a big victory for the American-led neocons might be 'unfair' but that world will still be better than what the Russian political system can ever produce. I know I am saying controversial things here.

I will expound on my views later....
I admire your patience in pushing your ego career, while the world is on the brink. In case you missed it: Putin threatens to nuke Ukraine, US, Nato.

I admire your patience in pushing your ego career, while the world is on the brink. In case you missed it: Putin threatens to nuke Ukraine, US, Nato.

Russians have the right to defend themselves from Anglo threat.

FYI, we Chinese have not forgotten Anglo invasion of China and annexation of Hong Kong.

The million dollar question. Where is Indian support for its Western allies? The West virtually stands alone in this crisis. The developing world has taken a neutral stance. Western ambassadors are trying to rally support for Ukrainian cause in many developing capitals. The response has been mute at best. India which claims to be a staunch ally of the West has also responded neutrally. Does this mean that even a staunch ally like India won't support the West during critical times? This despite overwhelming support for India from Western quarters. Testing times for US/NATO.
It’s all about money. India makes more profits as long as the war ongoing. It’s cruel but the more deaths the cheaper the oil price. Russia offers 10 percent discount on crude oil to India. Chinese are smarter. They get oil cheaper. If I was India I would blackmail Putin with higher discount rate. (Rumour says Putin sells 30 percent discount rate to China).
Should the oil price cap coming as planned by G7, Russia would sell oil 50 percent cheaper than market price.

Looks like Ukrainian are either starting something on Zaporizhya front or stuff has already started.

There are A LOT of communication on Telegram in Tokmak Area. It was quiet after Ukraine took out Russian S-300 launcher some 5 or 6 days ago, and now it was buzzed with chatter...

It’s all about money. India makes more profits as long as the war ongoing. It’s cruel but the more deaths the cheaper the oil price. Russia offers 10 percent discount on crude oil to India. Chinese are smarter. They get oil cheaper. If I was India I would blackmail Putin with higher discount rate. (Rumour says Putin sells 30 percent discount rate to China).
Should the oil price cap coming as planned by G7, Russia would sell oil 50 percent cheaper than market price.

In other words, not a very reliable ally. The West constantly presents India as its most trusted ally. Yet India chooses to be absent at most critical times. India continues to buy Russian oil, gas and weaponry at discount rates. The Western powers continue to fool themselves with regards to India. Are they doing this with a specific purpose?

Would it be fair to say that India would also prove to be a untrustworthy ally in the quest contain China? After all, India's primary role is to contain China for Western powers.

US, NATO and Ukraine is not the world through. This is your fight. Don't drag neutral nations into it.

Last edited:
In times of strife you will know who your friends are.

I do hope we keep a list of whom stabbed us in the back on this. Saudis as nr1.

In other words, not a very reliable ally. The West constantly presents India as its most trusted ally. Yet India chooses to be absent at most critical times. India continues to buy Russian oil, gas and weaponry at discount rates. The Western powers continue to fool themselves with regards to India. Are they doing this with a specific purpose?

Would it be fair to say that India would also prove to be a untrustworthy ally in the quest contain China? After all, India's primary role is to contain China for Western powers.

US, NATO and Ukraine is not the world through. This is your fight. Don't drag neutral nations into it.
You think nuclear war only affects people like me in Germany? Man, wake up. Nuclear fallouts would drop on Dubai, too or who knows Cuba. Let’s wait to where the wind blowing.
Yes true, India role as mediator is finished.

The goal is to damage Russian Economy. The goal is NOT to stop China or India making money.

India and China are buying the oil that would have been purchased by EU at discounted price, that would be enough to hurt Russia.

And there are limited appetite for China and India to stomach Russian oil, the basic economic principal applies, when you flood a market with supplies, you will get less demand.

The Indians, as I've said before, went back to their tried and tested Cold War strategy, whereas our nightclub dancing establishment was in the mood to entertain the West. So India milked the situation, whereas Pakistan wetted its bed sheets for the West, willingly a free offer without buying anything.

In times of strife you will know who your friends are.

I do hope we keep a list of whom stabbed us in the back on this. Saudis as nr1.

The Indians occupy top slot. You always present them as the most trusted ally. Not so trustworthy in the end. As things stand right now, India is a better ally of Russia. Europeans allow Indian tech and steel companies to compete in their markets. The US has gone out of its way to suck up to to India. CEO jobs for Indians at big US firms. India gets preferential treatment. The Western powers have clearly defined India's role. Yet, India fails to fulfil the role. India is today neutral and stands with Russia.

The Indians, as I've said before, went back to their tried and tested Cold War strategy, whereas our nightclub dancing establishment was in the mood to entertain the West. So India milked the situation, whereas Pakistan wetted its bed sheets for the West, willingly a free offer without buying anything.

Pakistan will pay the ultimate price. Licking US European boots won't get Pakistan anywhere.

Last edited:
The goal is to damage Russian Economy. The goal is NOT to stop China or India making money.

India and China are buying the oil that would have been purchased by EU at discounted price, that would be enough to hurt Russia.

And there are limited appetite for China and India to stomach Russian oil, the basic economic principal applies, when you flood a market with supplies, you will get less demand.
Yes will be very ugly, Russia economy is primary target. The planned oil cap will reduce Russia oil revenues by 50 pct. China/India reshipping oil to Europe is another story though.

The Indians occupy top slot. You always present them as the most trusted ally. Not so trustworthy in the end. As things stand right now, India is a better ally of Russia. Europeans allow Indian tech and steal companies to compete in their markets. The US has gone out of its way to suck up to to India. CEO jobs for Indians at big US firms. India gets preferential treatment. For what? India is today neutral and stands with Russia.

Pakistan will pay the ultimate price. Licking US European boots won't get Pakistan anywhere.

Of course, the next step will be 6 feet distance relationship between China and Pakistan. Enough to annoy India but not enough to tilt the balance; they've seen through Pakistan's establishment and do not see it as trustworthy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom