What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

a question for you ,Chernobyl explosion released more radioactive material or a 1mega ton hydrogen bomb ?
do you knew how many people died and how many caught cancer because of it.
Am not advocating for a nuclear war, if that is what you think. But what I did was put a dose of reality into the many trolls who mindlessly said how Russia would 'destroy' the US.

How the Soviet Union 'negotiate' and Russia is using the same tactics.

I’ve already quoted this several times, but, you know, it reminds me of the negotiation tactics of the former Soviet Union Foreign Minister Alexei Gromyko, who said basically three things.​
One is that demand the maximum. Do not meekly ask but demand.​
Second is that present ultimatums. And you know, this is also something that they are doing.​
And third is do not give one inch in negotiations because there will always be people in the West who will offer something, and in the end, you will have already a third or even a half of something you didn’t have before.​
So this is the situation, and we have to keep this in mind, because when there are discussions what could the West offer in order to deescalate, then they already have something that they didn’t have before.​

The 'third' means that there WILL ALWAYS those in the West who will, in the words of Margaret Thatcher to Ronald Reagan, 'go wobbly' and cave.

Well, this conflict changes a lot of the calculus because it's shown we've been wrong about many things regarding Russian capabilities. They've never retooled for modern warfare, and now under sanctions, they'll never have the capacity.

I don't think the West will negotiate under Russia's pressure tactics like with USSR.

What Estonia PM Kaja Kallas said is that for the Soviet/Russia method, if you want something that you do not have, just take it by force and negotiate from there. In a manner of speaking, you will be negotiating from a position of strength -- that you are in possession of that thing and it will require force to take it from you. Then as you drag out the negotiation, delays or teases of concessions, eventually someone from the other side will get tire and advises their leaders to give A, B, and/or C. You may get %100 of that thing, or you may get partial, but at least you get something from nothing.

The problem of Ukraine is that Russia failed to secure what Russia wanted, even partial of Ukraine so Russia have nothing to even tease of concessions to induce that tiredness of negotiation. If only the Ukrainians put a difficult fight, then Russia would have that position of strength, but the Ukrainians, with NATO assist, put up more than just difficult and for now, actually winning. So why should anyone from the West be tired of negotiations? Why should we put up any inducements? Elon Musk is being called out a 'simp' for his social media comments. Same for some Fox News talking heads when they tacitly advised giving Russia something because they are scared of Poutine.

You can bet whatever salary you make that right now, Poutine is aware that some of his people are plotting his removal from office. No one want a nuclear war. Ukraine is not worth it. Not even Crimea is worth it. Maybe, IF the Ukrainians feels truly indifferent about Crimea, then maybe we can negotiate with Russia over Crimea. However, with what Poutine put Russia thru and all he gained was little Crimea, his days are numbered. Either he dies a horrible death in Russia or he flee.

But...In case if we need to take out Russia thru a nuclear exchange, we need only two strikes.

f0NNUJ3.png

GiK45ll.jpg

Back in WW II, we did not destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki like popular impressions have it. But both cities suffered enough damages to induce surrender. So out of all Russia territory, we are looking at two critical targets to essentially cripple Russia. All of Russian government knows this.

I like that map.

Well, this conflict changes a lot of the calculus because it's shown we've been wrong about many things regarding Russian capabilities. They've never retooled for modern warfare, and now under sanctions, they'll never have the capacity.

I don't think the West will negotiate under Russia's pressure tactics like with USSR.
I hate to say this but -- we will never be right, not just about Russia but about everyone else.

Think about this for a moment. We were never right about the Soviet Union then, they were never right about themselves and they broke up, we were never right about Russia now, and Russia was never right about Ukraine today. In short, no one is ever right about anyone. :lol:

Apparently, somebody gave Ukraine M75 APCs.

Those are really old, almost WW2 materiel.

P.S. Seems to be Belgium, since US gave away their last ones to them, according to wikipedia.

Last edited:
you don't need nukes for that , just some well placed cruise missile do that for you . you don't need even attack power-planet , attacking distribution nodes is enough, to knock out the grid for several day and you can keep it up
star-link and sat-com need electricity , you cant win a war with emergency diesel generators
Like the one Russian did after the Kharkiv Offensive?

They took out the complete infrastructure network in Kharkiv and put the entire city in blackout.

Things is, power restored in 2 days, and the entire grid back online in 5.

It's damage is minimal, and there are about 17 nodes in Ukraine remaining, it will take way more than a few Cruises missile to try to put the entire country in the dark just for a few days, if not, they can increase output on other sector to compensate the loss of a few powers unit, and then what? It does not really do anything to the Military, because they are off grid anyway, many military equipment is either powered by generator or 12V battery, and it's not 1970 anymore, almost all Military have the ability fight in all weather. I don't know how much you think it will do, but the consequence of blackout really won't do much to the military, it will mostly be a civilian problem.

SEEPX.jpg

We don’t know what Putin is up to. He is obsessed with Ukraine land grab. If he will accept the military defeat. Ukraine should prepare for worst case scenario. The US, the Nato would notice immediately I think if Russia prepares a nuclear attack.
He won't.

But he knows if he uses nuke, that's the end of him one way or the other.

Prepare for the worse yes, but I just don't see how Putin is to a point toward suicidal, he is crazy, but he aint stupid.

Like the one Russian did after the Kharkiv Offensive?

They took out the complete infrastructure network in Kharkiv and put the entire city in blackout.

Things is, power restored in 2 days, and the entire grid back online in 5.

It's damage is minimal, and there are about 17 nodes in Ukraine remaining, it will take way more than a few Cruises missile to try to put the entire country in the dark just for a few days, if not, they can increase output on other sector to compensate the loss of a few powers unit, and then what? It does not really do anything to the Military, because they are off grid anyway, many military equipment is either powered by generator or 12V battery, and it's not 1970 anymore, almost all Military have the ability fight in all weather. I don't know how much you think it will do, but the consequence of blackout really won't do much to the military, it will mostly be a civilian problem.

View attachment 884727

He won't.

But he knows if he uses nuke, that's the end of him one way or the other.

Prepare for the worse yes, but I just don't see how Putin is to a point toward suicidal, he is crazy, but he aint stupid.

Here in Ontario if a power plant gets bombed it takes a year at least to repair it.

Reports now that Ukraine has taken control of Snihurivka. That’d be terrible news for the Russians. That was a stronghold for the Russians in the Kherson region. If true, their lines are completely collapsing

Reports now that Ukraine has taken control of Snihurivka. That’d be terrible news for the Russians. That was a stronghold for the Russians in the Kherson region. If true, their lines are completely collapsing
If they take Snihurivka, that mean there are 3 vectors toward Nova Kakhovka. One from Snihurivka, One from Dudchany and One form Davydiv Byid. More or less the same thing happened to Lyman will happen to Nova Kakhovka

Back
Top Bottom