What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Stupid!! Only a citizen from the sinking nation still claims that. Should not understimate the Russian military. They might not be the smartest but they are resilient. Ask the best European and American armies. They will tell you.
They lost the WW I, The Polish-Soviet war, Politically lost the war with Finland, won WWII due to the help from the West with huge losses, lost the cold war... not very impressive...

The Gas storage for Winter in Europe is at ~85% and growing: https://agsi.gie.eu/

Putin has pulled the "oil and gas" trigger... you can only that trigger once - now there are no more bullets in Putins gun..

AND - the EU will, with a passion - move away from Russian energy supplies - there is no going back now - no matter what happens.

The inflation in Russia is ~ 15% and they did not cut the Gas delivery to them self, have they ? :)
Russia is under sanctions..isn't it?
Did you know that the inflation rates in Europe were around 8% before this war..

Last edited:
Putin has pulled the "oil and gas" trigger... you can only that trigger once - now there are no more bullets in Putins gun..

AND - the EU will, with a passion - move away from Russian energy supplies - there is no going back now - no matter what happens.
Exactly it`s a one way ticket for RU. It is/will be tough for the EU, but will devastating to the Russian energy sector in the long run. I dont know what they are thinking, probably they don`t.

Russia is under sanctions..isn't it?
Did you know that the inflation rates in Europe were around 8% before this war..
According to Russia, the sactions are good for them, right?

The inflation was growing already before the war due to COVID, the energy blackmail of Russia contributed to it , but it is not the decisive factor.

Last edited:
You made good points, especially the peripheral issues which usually are the most visible and effects are felt by the people. Economics? Queues for products. Finance? Accounts freezes. And so on...

The core is rotten and eventually the rot will spread out to the periphery -- the people. How about the aviation industry?

In Russia, pilots of regional flights are being told to carry out aircraft maintenance on their own, says Oleg Bocharov, deputy head of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Telegram channel Aviatorshchina reports.​
According to him, first of all it concerns regional aviation pilots. They have been told to create “a fundamentally new system of maintaining airworthiness.”

Bush pilots, not jet pilots, fixes their own planes. Passengers going to the outback understands the greater risks of HOW they are getting to where they want, but passengers going home for the holidays or business are not supposed to consider such risks. But now, Russian general aviation was told to create a new airworthiness standards just for Russia.

I thought this 'news' came from The Onion. But if true, all I can say is 'My God...' :sad:
They can't rebuild or reform, when the core of their ideology is not replaceable.

And there is nothing they can replace that with. At this point, Russia will probably have a better home defence if they contract the PLA to do the job. At this rate, I don't think anyone would believe in Russian military capability......

@jhungary
Ukraine army has crossed the river in two directions. Seems the russian troops can not defend the line eastern side of the Oskil, as you suggested.
Once the breakthrough is secured, Ukraine army chasing, Luhansk will fall.
The Kharkiv situation now is like back in 1973 when the Egyptian breached the Israeli defence in Sinai across the Suez.

There are defensive position across the Oksil river, but there are no defensive line, much like in Sinai. Defensive position can only maintain pressure at certain point, not across the whole line (That is exactly why the lose Balakliia in the first place), the Russian there did not build any defensive line at Balakliia in anticipation of a Ukrainian counter attack, they will most certainly will not build one 60-70 km from the front line, well, then frontline I should say.

Problem is, even if they had prepared for one, I don't think they have enough troop to hold the line shoulder to shoulder. Which mean Ukrainian are going to play the same games again sometime in the future, which is to locate the weak point and concentrate the force and attack them, then exploit the area. Not saying that they can, but they will most definitely try it.

As for whether or not Luhansk will fall, that's quite depends on the Eastern Offensive. There are report from both Russian and Ukrainian side that Ukrainian had crossed the Siveriky Donet river over Novodruzhesk, if these Ukrainian is not beaten back, I am pretty sure their objective is to go around Sieverodonetsk and attack from the rear, possibly with a simultaneous attack from Bilohorivk to take the high ground next to Lysychansk, if the Ukrainian can pull this off, they can cut across the Starobilsk and probably went back to pre-2022 line, if the report of Starobilsk being evacuated is true, this is doable.

But then taking the entire Luhansk Oblast would be a tough fight, I don't think Ukrainian have enough heavy weapon to overcome the post 2014 defensive line, not at least until they finished up in Kherson, it could be either before or after winter, I don't think Kherson can hold out forever, the writing are on the wall with the most prominent being they have called off the referendum.

Back
Top Bottom