What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Russia is pulling people out from Kupiansk, they had also move the regional capital somewhere.

Russia is expected to lose Kupiansk in the next couple of days, report in Telegram suggested Ukrainian Force are 20km from Kupiansk..

@Oldman1 Did you remember we talked about Kupiansk like 2 months ago, looks like the Russian is exploiting the Southern Counter Offensive to retake that area. Would really love to know how Russia fight in the East in General. With Kupiansk gone, the only way Russia can supply their southern effort is thru the Kerch Strait into Crimea, then funnel Northward and Eastern ward, and I am pretty sure Ukraine is looking at that after they had taken Kupiansk..
Indeed! Definitely talked about it. Either with missile or artillery strikes or maybe an offensive attack I believe. Russia may try to save what they can by sending in forces which means the Ukrainians need to ambush any possible counter attacks from the north general direction Vovchansk. Ukrainians should keep moving around fast and causing chaos, isolating and killing and capturing Russian units, capturing more equipment and vehicles and ammo. Besides moving around and killing and capturing the Russian forces, it prevents them from providing coordinates to their artillery which means they would be mostly blind and fear of possibly getting overrun hopefully by the Ukrainian spearhead since the Russians really depend on the artillery. Need to clean the region of the Russian forces from Ukrainian-Russian border all the way south to Izium that it would have to be a very clean slate and the Russian forces will not be motivated to re-establish an offensive attack ever again. Be like me destroying your sandcastle after months of building it and its now all destroyed and flat, washed away. Next stop would be to attack Luhansk region, especially the northern part.

Last edited:
Beside which side you support you have to appreciate this epic style of lifting battle spirit, rare scenery.

On the front situation, i do not see how russians can reverse situation and gain initiative again without commiting much more resources and man power, ukrainians have better morale and all help received is starting to pay of in land gains and russians could face domino effect in next months.

Ukraine needs both active and passive area denial weapon. They needed more SAM system rather than just the 2 NASAM promised but yet delivered by the US (Or Norwegian)

HARMs are going to hit limits by the sorties of UAF that fly them, which mean if you keep supplying them with HARM to do SEAD, you will most likely need to supply the Ukrainian with the aircraft that launch SEAD from. UAF lost around half of their inventory since the war begin.
I like that Vampire system which can be easily put on a simple technical truck. Maybe send in some Avenger Humvees as well. But if not, at least something on these similar with 2 pods.

VAMPIRE-Marketing-Photos_02.jpg.webp

I too would not think Putin is bolt enough to escalate the thing. However, seeing how NATO refused basic Ukrainian request based on it "would' or "might" seen as an escalation (I mean, NATO got pussyfooted to even supply Polish Mig to Ukraine...) NATO top brass seems unwilling to commit claiming it will escalate, not sure whether or not they really do believe it will escalate the whole thing or just unwilling to help Ukraine with that.

I don't make decision at NATO......but if it was up to me, I would have set up No Fly Zone over Ukraine already, let Russia worry about getting into Nuclear War and call their bluff. But well, I don't make decision there, and they do, and they seems to think this is not a good idea.....

Well, Ukrainian need at least 60 HIMARS or M270, we gave them 16.....(4 with the last aid package) We should have transferred 100 or 50 M270 that was retired from USMC when they switch to HIMARS.

I don't really think the current administration has the stomach to kill as many Russian troop as possible. Either that or Biden is really senile and can't read the situation right......I dont know
I say give them 25 more to reach to 50. Enough for half attacking the frontlines and other half attack the rear as well. Biden doesn't have a say in how many Russians should be killed by the Ukrainians.

.....& the Ukrainian have founds evidence of Russian warcrimes during their march on Kharkiv. Expect to see Bucha but worse somehow. Wait for further confirmation.

Satellites don't work in winter. Ukraine is too cloudy in winter for satellites to see the ground. This is why Russians will do offensive in winter when the clouds will obstruct American recon satellites from seeing what's happening on the ground.
probably Russian made they use infrared or optical.

US military satellites use other sensors in addition to see thru clouds and bad weather.
Germany military satellites Sarah use a combi of 3 sats: the middle has phased radar, the left and right have electromagnetic waves radars. The constellation gives perfect 2D or 3D pictures on the ground. No matter clouds or not.

Die drei neuen Sarah-Satelliten bestehen aus zwei Reflektor-Satelliten und einem Phased-Array-Satelliten.
Die drei neuen Sarah-Satelliten bestehen aus zwei Reflektor-Satelliten und einem Phased-Array-Satelliten.

This massive abandonment of material and retreat is all a clever ploy and again talk about a “pocket closing imminently” by the russians?? Really?

mmm , maybe a clever diversion , like the one we saw in Kiev .

Back
Top Bottom