What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The ukranians are not really using their edge in night vision so far. I guess the training and doctrine needed for that cannot be fast tracked.

The ukranians are not really using their edge in night vision so far. I guess the training and doctrine needed for that cannot be fast tracked.
It's because they don't have any edge. Otherwise they would have been doing far more night attacks. Right now it's mostly Russian ka-52s that's active at night with superior nv+thermos.

Summer Operations | Hell On The Southern Front. Military Summary And Analysis For 2023.07.27

This guy raise the comical level to the top

I ask him how did he know that tank was destroyed when you see no flame, no second det, no nothing from the lancet, a HIGH EXPLOSIVE (HE) drone strike

This is his comedic response

His answer is "It knock out a tank WITHOUT explosion" Let me say it out loud again, so you know you are not misreading the post, an drone with explosive warhead hard kill a tank WITHOUT any explosion. You read his response right, an explosive drone, which don't do EMP damage, don't do Incindenary damage, can kill a tank without explosion. Yes, Russia have achieve engineering greatness. They can make explosive damage WITHOUT explosion, Bravo, we should all surrender to Russia now.

@Vergennes @F-22Raptor @Oldman1 @That Guy @LeGenD @dbc @kingQamaR @Ali_Baba

Then what the hell kind of mega damage did Lancet drone deal??

most retarded post in this whole 2000 page thread

you have zero ability to think

It's because they don't have any edge. Otherwise they would have been doing far more night attacks. Right now it's mostly Russian ka-52s that's active at night with superior nv+thermos.

The Ukrainians just not using hardware properly. Without combined armed forces (infantry) artillery, air support and defense) they are very vulnerable.

The Ukrainians just not using hardware properly. Without combined armed forces (infantry) artillery, air support and defense) they are very vulnerable.
Air superiority is on Russian side. Artillery advantage is with Russians, and the Russians are dug in with multi layered defensive lines. The only thing Ukrainians have to overcome there Russian advantages is superior numbers. This you are seeing massive Ukrainian losses.

Handfull of KA-52 over that frontline?

It is well known the leopards, bradleys, strykers have much better night vision and thermals then the russians.

Ukraine has also been supplied with infantry night vision kits in ample amount.

We unfortunately see mostly daytime assaults. Daytime trench clearing.

Especially with the first failed big push (where they bundled so many machines close to each other in a staging area to be hit by artillery/KA-52) was quite costly cause they lost a chunk of their very valuable anti-mine vehicles.

These should have been spread out, used at night preferably.

Ukraine luckily learned from their shortcomings. And are now using a lot of probing with counter-artillery/himars/storm shadow which gives a reasonable loss-kill ratio…but its a grind far from optimal use.
(Though to be fair, west always had the benefit of air dominance, without it and with so many mines/trenches it will always lead to higher casualties)

Last edited:
The big question is, how well are the deeper russian defense lines manned?

It seems weird they run in so much reserves and airpower just to defend all and any first lines (which are supposed to fallback).

If not, i foresee still a great chance of a real breakthrough.

If well manned. The counter offensive will likely be a reverse bakhmut. A long slog with only minor gains leading to culmination in fall/winter.

Handfull of KA-52 over that frontline?

It is well known the leopards, bradleys, strykers have much better night vision and thermals then the russians.

Ukraine has also been supplied with infantry night vision kits in ample amount.

We unfortunately see mostly daytime assaults. Daytime trench clearing.

Especially with the first failed big push (where they bundled so many machines close to each other in a staging area to be hit by artillery/KA-52) was quite costly cause they lost a chunk of their very valuable anti-mine vehicles.

These should have been spread out, used at night preferably.

Ukraine luckily learned from their shortcomings. And are now using a lot of probing with counter-artillery/himars/storm shadow which gives a reasonable loss-kill ratio…but its a grind far from optimal use.
No, AFU's best window to attack is at dawn with the Sun behind them. This makes it harder for Russians to aim and provides cover against thermals and IR missiles. Likewise, Russian gets the same window at sunset. This is why we see AFU make advances during the day and gets beat back at sunset.

Back
Top Bottom