What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Satellites only work in summer in Ukraine. Too cloudy during winter, spring, fall seasons.
FYI sommer is almost over. Lets pretend satelites only work in summer in Ukraine (and the western countries cant provide targets for Ukraine for the next 9 months 🙄).
How does that prevent Russia from providing evidence of all its claims about destroying NATO equipment entering Ukraine this summer? You claim Russia is already covering all of Ukraine with spy satelites. I know its pure fantasy, but wouldnt it just prove your point if Russia actually provided some satelite images of those targets before and after impact of those so called precision guided munition Russia is using?

Check this footage of precision guided munition:
That counter battery radar and crew just retired.

Before war begun Russia had slightly under 3000 modernized tanks in service and now six months later they've lost over 1000 tanks and in total over 5000 AFV's. In fact without modern chips what they cannot get they gotta use much older tanks from their stocks... Ukrainians have begun destroying T-72AV tanks what are from 1970's and only upgrade on those tanks is ERA.

It's a myth that Russia has endless supplies of tanks.

Biggest myth is it's impossible to get semiconductors. The Russians might not be bright, but I expect them have stockpiled some components before the war. Since first week of conflict, certain people were saying they ran out, which would only happen, if they only bought components the day they planned to fit them.

Second most obvious reason, people assume military vehicles need modern chips, nope. PGMs appeared during Cold War, most military technology is many years out of date. Soviet Anti tank missiles AT 2, was effective against Israelis in 1973 war and their 1960s technology. Modern example Tesla was able to beat the semiconductor shortage that hobbled its rivals....

Tesla CEO Elon Musk noted that the automaker has been able to use substitutes for the chips that are difficult or impossible to acquire. According to VW Group CEO Herbert Diess, Tesla can spend just a few weeks rewriting software and then switch to a new chip.

Biggest myth is it's impossible to get semiconductors. The Russians might not be bright, but I expect them have stockpiled some components before the war.

For military purpose it is not a problem. Military hardware use a number of computers, each with its own CPU. They do make some civilian CPU, but quantity is insufficient and may need Chinese foundries like SMIC to supply additional quantities after Taiwan banned CPU production for Russia.

Biggest myth is it's impossible to get semiconductors. The Russians might not be bright, but I expect them have stockpiled some components before the war. Since first week of conflict, certain people were saying they ran out, which would only happen, if they only bought components the day they planned to fit them.

Second most obvious reason, people assume military vehicles need modern chips, nope. PGMs appeared during Cold War, most military technology is many years out of date. Soviet Anti tank missiles AT 2, was effective against Israelis in 1973 war and their 1960s technology. Modern example Tesla was able to beat the semiconductor shortage that hobbled its rivals....

Depends on what semi-conductor you are talking about.

There are specific and non-specific. It's one thing you want to stockpile but the other thing is whether or not your supplier have the capability to supply you so you can stockpile it.

For non-Specific semi-conductor (like a normal directional gate on any commercial appliance) that probably you can do, but for specific semi-conductor (an IC designed for specific function) that may not be able to pull off. That's because there are production capacity and there aren't many companies producing them, and they don't just supply you, they have to supply everybody. Making stockpiling these IC a lot harder, if at all possible.

You don't need to look far, just look at why we have enough IC to power like TV or Coffee Machine, but at the same time we don't have enough IC to power cars or PS5 (Oh PS5, when can I have one....) That's because there are about 76 company supply Samsung IC for their TV, there are only 2 supplier who is supplying Sony IC for their PS5. And then you need to account for COVID shutdown.

It can be done with Tesla does not mean it can be done in Military Hardware, first of all, what Tesla is doing is basically reprograming Programable chips. It takes time to do that, and you also need to have a big supply of programable chips. The biggest maker currently is Intel, second biggest is TMSC and third biggest maker is Qualcomm, all are able to supply Tesla with Programable Chips, but all were sanctioning Russia.

Second, there are a lot more chips used in military article than a car. A missile system has upward to 100,000 digital components, while a car, even for Tesla wouldn't have 1/10 of that.

Last edited:
After Putin die of old age, the next Russian president continue the war. No more money. Then Russia print money like the US does. Print lots of money.

3 billion is too little. 3 trillion is more like it.
Just stop, it’s pure stupidity at this point
Special operation continues until Ukraine's population falls below 10 million and loses combat effectiveness. As Biden said, it's basically genocide at this point. 10 years from now Russia's population falls to 140 million from 147 million and Ukraine's population falls to 9 million from 27 million.

With Russia and Ukraine both weakened as such, they become vassals of China and America, respectively.
ah yes the man with the crystal ball 🙄

Don't be so naive
Tell me one other countries forces who are actively fighting in Ukraine and I mean a battalion worth, not some volunteers? I’ll wait

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom