What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Judging from the strikes and shelling in the south, I think the ukrainian army plans for a summer vacation at the Azov sea. The russians camping out along this southern front might experience real war very soon.

Last edited:
The Public you see has become Woke and sensitive. It sees war through the prevalent mindset. This is why US wasted huge sums of money attempting to civilize cavemen in Afghanistan with concerns about women rights and such. And what is the outcome?

I believe in Human Rights as well. But I am against wasteful spending and poorly executed conflicts. Fight a war like you mean it and then think about rebuilding a region. Do not leave things behind the way they were if you want to see real change.

Trump pretends to be tough but he does not have temperament for the war. Bring troops home and kiss them. Cry me a river.

Biden is older and can still stand his ground.
Well, it's not the public that woke, it's the media becoming woke. There are always 2 political spectrums within the population, it's never going to be the entire population become woke. You can see it by how the US population rejected woke project propelled by media. (Such as movie, ideology even law) as an example.

Military are always the same, I mean, it's not like woke is the first problem we have in the military, first there are segregation, then there are women issue, then there are woke issue, the military remain the same, as they say in the army, I don't see a nergo, a woman or a tranny, I see green, as long as you are able to do what I ask you to do, I don't really care who you are and what is your political stance, it's only become a problem when these issue cannot be integrated into the military smoothly.

As for fighting a war, it's always the same old same old. As long as politician in charge of the military, this is always going to be like this. As I mentioned before, politician don't care about winning war, they care about whether or not they will be reelected. If you can't turn into a dictator like FDR did then you are going to lose that battle. That's just how it is.

As for Trump, Trump is a weasel, he will do whatever he need to do to keep his power. Biden is just too senile to do anything, we need a new FDR, or at least a Reagen to change things up a bit, but currently, there are no one out there that suit the bill.

Ukraine economy in a nutshell.
Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 8.17.59 AM.png

Ukraine economy in a nutshell.
View attachment 932120
It's pretty much every war, from the world wars to the wars around the globe that made up the entirety of the cold war.

Even as recently as the Afghan war, prostitution in Afghanistan was rampant during both the US and Soviet occupations.

Back during the British invasion of Afghanistan, a bunch of Afghan prostitutes ended up marrying British soldiers and leaving with them.

During the Isis take over of Iraq and Syria sexual slavery was huge.

In the various drug wars in Latin america, prostitutes were and are still rampant. Going to Columbia or Brazil, you'll run into prostitutes at every street corner.

War and sex are closely linked.

Fun fact, after the first World War, birth rates increased exponentially in both Europe and North America leading to the generation we can baby boomers.

Last edited:
US brought Imperial Japan to its knees by wiping out Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Tokyo. Japanese leadership witnessed entire cities being erased and decided to give up. American troops arrived in Japan without having the need to fight costly battles and facing Japanese insurgency. This is the impact of strategic bombing.

Even in Vietnam, Operation Linebacker II in 1972 showed that Vietcong could be defeated: Vietcong suffered heavy losses and its mission to retake South Vietnam was delayed by 3 years. Vietcong came to the negotiation table but Nixon administration demanded one thing - withdrawal of American troops without incident. Vietcong was like this is it? Tears of joy....

Of-course, you need political will and boots on the ground to seize on the gains provided by strategic bombing missions to settle a war on acceptable terms like a winner.

But Americans have become too woke to fight like a side that should be feared as witnessed in Afghanistan.

Post in thread 'Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2' https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/russia-ukraine-war-news-and-developments-part-2.746450/post-14379108

Post in thread 'Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2' https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/russia-ukraine-war-news-and-developments-part-2.746450/post-14379145

Post in thread 'Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2' https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/russia-ukraine-war-news-and-developments-part-2.746450/post-14379242

Even in Iraq, US-led forces had to conduct a large number of operations to overcome Iraqi insurgency phases and to reshape political landscape of the country.

The Theory of Limited War is a costly method with subpar outcomes.
Russia is not the US, it hasn’t the means to carpet bomb Ukraine. I don’t think so. If Russia does it that will be the death of Russia Air Force. unrealistic. Ukraine air defense will shoot down Russia jets like chickens.

By the way operations linebacker 1 and 2 were meant to destroy north Vietnam air defense. Vietcong was a southern Vietnam insurgents army. They are different armies. The Vietcong was decimated by the failed Tet offensive years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom