What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Here, the highlighted, we have the shared nationality clause which would disqualify the soldier from being a mercenary. If he switch side, from KMT to CPC or vice versa, that would be switching political parties.

CWI: How does an understanding of Civil War soldiers as mercenaries reshape our understanding of the relationship between soldiers and the state during the 1860s?​
Marvel: I should point out that I don’t really consider most Union soldiers mercenaries in the popular, pejorative sense of the word, although men who enlisted because they needed the money met the technical definition.​
...opportunity to improve one’s economic condition and social status drew men into the army at least as early as the Revolution.

Wars always attract those who would fight for money and not necessarily amount of money that would be 'excessive' comparable to regular soldiers. That you have to pay your soldiers is inevitable. If we pull in things such as no taxes shopping at the PX/commissary and paid college tuition, that you and I enjoyed when we served, would make us both technically mercenaries if only pay and other in-kind benefits are summed and used.

So absent shared nationality and patriotism, you have no choice but to pay some enlistees extra to entice them to risk limbs and even lives in the fight for the cause. This, I believe, is where the AVG qualified as mercenaries under today's criteria.
The issue here I think is that, anyone cannot do any work without pay, that's basic right for a person. I mean, If I do something that take my time away, I am expecting that to be paid, unless I am volunteering my service. Even then I would still wish to recoup my expenses. And military is just like any kind of job out there, just that your jub description is to defend your nation.

The question here is, what is "excess pay", so every jobs comes with a paygrade, but then at what mean this is being "excessive"? I mean was giving every soldier imminent danger allowance of 250 or whatever dollar a month, I forgot how much..., here is excessive? How about that $25,000 reenlist bonus, or sign up bonus? How about GI Bill that I used to pay for my tuition? Those are payment or privilege after the job's basic pay. But then one would also argue, was end of years bonus, and location allowance that offered by numerous corporations to stay competitive also in this category?

I don't know about you. but I am not very patriotic, and said it probably thousand time that you really should not join the military if you are patriotic, because you may expect something very different than what military do. I sign up because I see this as a job and most the recruiter had me when she said they are going to pay for my college. If that makes me a mercenary working for the state, then I guess I am.

@Deino

5th columnists in Europe: "You are a German. You are a Nazi anti-Semite. And for the Jewish Zionism. You are pro-gay agenda and for the anti-gay nazis. You are for free trade globalism and for the "nazi" nationalist mercantilism of Trump by isolating Russia. You are for the deepstate of Trump/Washington and oppose Trump burning down the globe with Putin. How many drag queen parties have you gone to in the past 24 hours. I'll guess it is over 100. Germans are transgendered. There are thousands of roaming drag queens in Germany on every street corner. Are you for the Soros agenda to get you transgendered. I am guessing you are a transgendered. LGBTQ agenda. Bill Gates controls Germany. And Merkel was a puppet of Soros, Bill Gates, Fauci and the Santa Claus."

On the entire Putin propaganda, these 5th columnists are completely out of touch with the facts:

LGBTQ troops at war with homophobia in Ukraine​

Putin propaganda says Ukraine is the epicenter of LGBTQ agenda since there is a Jewish president... when the facts are Ukrainians are among the most homophobic in Europe.

Putin propaganda says Ukraine is a nazi country... facts are the Ukrainians hate Russia for historic offenses and genocide Russians committed; though do not oppose Jews, since they elected one - Zelensky.

Down the line, the propaganda is lie after lie. To hide that Russia is the imperialist. Putinites: "my imperialists warcrimes are ok and yours is not. My imperialist Russia is ok, your imperialist America is not ok."

When Europeans opposed the cia imperialist wars. Europeans are consistent, opposing both American and Russian imperialism. American imperialism = installing democracies that quickly turn critical of the US/nearly anti-American. Russia annexes land in their imperialism, without the intent to give it back. Putin 5th columnists and Putinites globally are for their side being able to be genociders and imperialists to punish the whitey. Therefore they don't need to make sense, blanket hatred does not need reasons, because Europeans have that white skin, punish them. The Europeans opposed anti-globalist Trump, punish them. And throw out a bunch of Putin propaganda/lies and see if it sticks.

Last edited:
The issue here I think is that, anyone cannot do any work without pay, that's basic right for a person. I mean, If I do something that take my time away, I am expecting that to be paid, unless I am volunteering my service. Even then I would still wish to recoup my expenses. And military is just like any kind of job out there, just that your jub description is to defend your nation.

The question here is, what is "excess pay", so every jobs comes with a paygrade, but then at what mean this is being "excessive"? I mean was giving every soldier imminent danger allowance of 250 or whatever dollar a month, I forgot how much..., here is excessive? How about that $25,000 reenlist bonus, or sign up bonus? How about GI Bill that I used to pay for my tuition? Those are payment or privilege after the job's basic pay. But then one would also argue, was end of years bonus, and location allowance that offered by numerous corporations to stay competitive also in this category?

I don't know about you. but I am not very patriotic, and said it probably thousand time that you really should not join the military if you are patriotic, because you may expect something very different than what military do. I sign up because I see this as a job and most the recruiter had me when she said they are going to pay for my college. If that makes me a mercenary working for the state, then I guess I am.

The US Armed Forces has different ways to compensate its soldiers, but since you are an American (I assume), that is not a problem. The issue comes up if a non-American is compensated in excess to what they would pay You.

The Donbass Zugzwang | The Last 1.59 Square Kilometers Of Bakhmut. Military Summary For 2023.05.15

Why the hell is nobody asking why America has such a ‘strong bond’ with Israel? Biden wouldn’t have said the same thing about Germany or France or any other ally for that matter. Why is Israel such an exception? If some people would only just think about this question, the world would be a better place. Because such a relation like this is not normal. It only can be justified when the highest functioning Government officials are extremely tied together by other bonds as well.
This is quite obvious. Arabs decided after WWII to import Nazis, then allied with the Soviet Union and the US was not going to let the Soviets establish a major foothold in the Middle East. As a result of winning, Israel has provided a lot of intelligence to the US like Mig-21s, T-62s etc. for evaluation.
Why would the US have such relations with Pakistan, which obviously considers the US as an enemy, and has to be bribed to even pretend to provide support?

The reason for the gay Ukrainian nazi lie from Putin/Russia propaganda is because Putin is the designated leader of the alt movement. Both sides the alt left and the alt reich. Putin via RT News keeps the phony resistance loyal to Russia. And to sell the war to this audience that Putin owns, Putin cannot have a war against nazis or else the alt reicher would jump ship from Putin. Putin cannot have a war against the gays, or else the alt left would jump ship. For Putin if it is gay nazis, the alt reich hates gay nazis (the gay part). And the alt left hates gay nazis (the nazi part). So Putin sells the lie that Ukraine is globalist, because both alt movement fools believe the globalist Chinese, globalist Muslims, and globalist insert a group control the globe. Because that is the agenda of the shills on youtube that control these Putinite 5th columnists.

If Putin loses control over the alt movement, Putin collapses and has no support. Putin would be exposed as a Trump deepstate puppet, and Russia would close off internet access to Russians to keep the Russians from finding out Putin is a fraud anti-Washington.

I would highlight this part for the discussion. Because this is going nowhere as much as the day I discuss this same issue with my wife

This is the core issue which I reply to begin with. As I said, in the beginning the definition of what is mercenary is extremely complicated. I am not a lawyer, I can't really say this is going to be the case one way or another. Even for my wife, who was a practicing lawyer, that is a really arguable grey line there.

What I did is to interpret the law to its letter, which is what the law/treaty actually say.

On the other hand, I can tell you that, court do not have the power to explain the content of that treaty when the wording is flawed. Because each court would have different interpretations of that law, and if you allow one court to do so, then you will not have a singular treaty, you have 170 (or whatever amount of nation that sign that treaty) different version of the treaty, the UK version of Protocol I is going to be different than the Australian Version of Protocol I and even if you ask international court to explain the treaty away, this may not be the same scope that each individual country sign for, and that would void that treaty. Because some country may say this is not their original intention when they sign that treaty.

A rule to determine who is a mercenary which always results in that the individual is not a mercenary is pretty useless. You can reason that an interpretation which means that you are a resident by just being in a country can be rejected.
At least in ”common law”, this gives the opportunity for the court to define ”residency” in a way that makes sense.

”If, however, the court finds that the current dispute is fundamentally distinct from all previous cases (a "matter of first impression"), and legislative statutes are either silent or ambiguous on the question, judges have the authority and duty to resolve the issue.[6] The opinion that a common law judge gives agglomerates with past decisions as precedent to bind future judges and litigants.”

As I see it, You must have a connection to the country which is not a result of your participation in the armed conflict.

I am surprised that Putin and his gang haven't been removed yet.
Russians are in huge self denial, and very uncaring about their “brothers” being crushed under russian boot.
They are the fascists of this era.

They will need to be thoroughly defeated so that they cannot keep living in denial in their sick society. That they cannot retreat into themselves and become a larger north korea. Blaming their loss on outsiders and inner “traitors”.

Russians are in huge self denial, and very uncaring about their “brothers” being crushed under russian boot.
They are the fascists of this era.

They will need to be thoroughly defeated so that they cannot keep living in denial in their sick society. That they cannot retreat into themselves and become a larger north korea. Blaming their loss on outsiders and inner “traitors”.

I mean these are devastating losses by any measure. Absolute incompetence and hubris throughout the Russian leadership and war machine. Finally getting what they deserve

Back
Top Bottom