What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

This explosion is almost like what I imagine if the Russians used FOAB, the difference is that FOAB can generate 10 times more destructive power.

It is a strategic weapon to completely change the game

Weapons and ammo storage facilities have hundreds (or thousands) of secondary explosions when they get like this. This was just one giant mushroom, like fuel storage depots make. Which makes sense because people have geolocated it to a fuel storage depot on an industrial estate. They didn't hit weapons.

Last edited:
Seems like Russia has taken the gloves off and using appalling weapons:-

Wow - they hit a fuel dump - omg - omg - Ukraine should just "surrender" now ??

This is a war and both sides will get hit from time to time.

The thing is that Ukraine is doing a better job of hitting things that hurts Russia far more, than Russia can do to Ukraine. The trend line is in Ukraines favour - the occassional lucky strike by Russia is not going to change the strategic direction of the war.

The strategic direction, is, put simply - Russia is losing this war... badly...

You said it -- Your country. My country of moral and legal allegiance is the US. Regardless of pay amount, I could never be considered a mercenary once joined. The recruiter was not an agent of a corporate entity but a representative of the US government which is a direct extension of the people.

When the Wagner Group, or whatever their official corporate name, recruited Russian prisoners into its ranks, those prisoners became legal mercenaries because they are in the employed of a corporate entity -- the Wagner Group. The Wagner Group then can dispense its soldiers anywhere in the interests of anyone, least of all, for any cause, moral or else. Legally speaking, the Flying Tigers were mercenaries.
Legally, if Russia is a belligerent in an armed conflict, a Russian citizen participating in the conflict will not be considered a mercenary.
Such Wagner employees meet a,b,c,e and f, but does not meet ”d”.
You must meet all six conditions.
The Flying Tigers met all six, but this definition did not exist during WWII.

1881B162-F3D9-4408-AFAF-25EBBB228F13.jpeg

Wow - they hit a fuel dump - omg - omg - Ukraine should just "surrender" now ??

This is a war and both sides will get hit from time to time.

The thing is that Ukraine is doing a better job of hitting things that hurts Russia far more, than Russia can do to Ukraine. The trend line is in Ukraines favour - the occassional lucky strike by Russia is not going to change the strategic direction of the war.

The strategic direction, is, put simply - Russia is losing this war... badly...

Russia is fortunate Ukraine doesn’t have enough air defense assets to cover the entire country.

The definition I quote is According to Geneva Convention, Protocol I Article 47, which Russia is a party to that treaty, they try to get out of Protocol I in 2019, but I don't think they passed that bill before the invasion.
That is also my source, and article 47 says that if Russia is a belligerent in an armed conflict (which it is here), then Russian citizens are never mercenaries in that conflict. They fail condition ”d”.

3BFAA5EB-E70A-4E73-AAC2-916E524993D7.jpeg

Why Europe needs thousands of howitzers/artillery systems as Ukraine and Russia have... You can lose hundreds in a week.

And have ammo already made for a 5 year war. Reserve ammo in tens of thousands of small ammo depots to supersaturate targets. The rest stored by the units, spread out. Since 2018 I have been warning about large depots on this forum. They are sitting targets.

The vulnerability of howitzers to counter-fire and precision strikes, also pushes the need to have tens of thousands of artillery or more to supersaturate the enemy with too many targets. Targets that are cheaper to make... these are mortars. Mortars also give you an advantage with high angle, trench penetrators.

Why Europe needs thousands of howitzers/artillery systems as Ukraine and Russia have... You can lose hundreds in a week.

And have ammo already made for a 5 year war. Reserve ammo in tens of thousands of small ammo depots to supersaturate targets. The rest stored by the units, spread out. Since 2018 I have been warning about large depots on this forum. They are sitting targets.

The vulnerability of howitzers to counter-fire and precision strikes, also pushes the need to have tens of thousands of artillery or more to supersaturate the enemy with too many targets. Targets that are cheaper to make... these are mortars. Mortars also give you an advantage with high angle, trench penetrators.
I dont think any modern armed forces plan for a static war like the one Ukraine and Russia are fighting. If Ukraine is able to grind down russian forces using trench lines, ATGMs and Manpads, Russia conventionally attacking any NATO member would be complete madness.

Back
Top Bottom