What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

You don’t understand.

If Russia just targets Ukraine then the people in Finland, Sweden will not rush into the NATO. Russia targets Europe. That’s the point.

About cheap pipeline gas from Russia, it’s a myth. Before the war Germany buys majority of Russia gas because it wants to help Russia into Europe. But no more.

Germany still has a weak spot for Russia despite the war in Ukraine. We know why it took so long for the Germans to decide on those Leopard tanks for Ukraine... We are not fools.

The Europeans and Americans are having their moment of reckoning. China is moving ahead with lightning pace. Russia is staring them in the eyes. Developing blocs like African and Asian nations also had enough of white arrogance. A multipolar world is a reality.

I can understand why the Europeans/Americans are confused and angry. They are working overtime to convince the rest of the world how only they're the viable option.

You say that Pakistan has helped Ukraine. Yet your FO says something else.

Who should I believe? You or the FO? The FO claims that Pakistan is neutral and doesn't help Ukraine.

Secondly, these Ukrainian Nazis are on Indian side. Despite India being firmly on Russian side. Ukrainians are begging for Indian support on international platforms.

Why should Pakistan support Ukraine? Just because Ukraine sold some tank parts in the past? Ukraine is not a friend of Pakistan LOL It is business. Nations don't make decisions bases on emotions. Convince me. I am all ears.
The Europeans and Americans are having their moment of reckoning. China is moving ahead with lightning pace. Russia is staring them in the eyes. Developing blocs like African and Asian nations also had enough of white arrogance. A multipolar world is a reality.

I can understand why the Europeans/Americans are confused and angry. They are working overtime to convince the rest of the world how only they're the viable option.

You say that Pakistan has helped Ukraine. Yet your FO says something else.

Who should I believe? You or the FO? The FO claims that Pakistan is neutral and doesn't help Ukraine.

Secondly, these Ukrainian Nazis are on Indian side. Despite India being firmly on Russian side. Ukrainians are begging for Indian support on international platforms.

Why should Pakistan support Ukraine? Just because Ukraine sold some tank parts in the past? Ukraine is not a friend of Pakistan LOL It is business. Nations don't make decisions bases on emotions. Convince me. I am all ears.

Russia is one reason Kashmiris aren’t liberated… and the break up of 1971 … well done Pakistan EF Russia ..

Germany still has a weak spot for Russia despite the war in Ukraine. We know why it took so long for the Germans to decide on those Leopard tanks for Ukraine... We are not fools.
I don’t know. Probably the same as the Viet people with China. We hate them we love them.

Germany thanks USSR, Gobashov for reunification. Germans feel sorry for Russians suffering during invasion and occupation furring WW1 and 2. Then the history link, Germany has the German princess Katharina the great who brought modern western civilization to Russia.

Russia is one reason Kashmiris aren’t liberated… and the break up of 1971 … well done Pakistan EF Russia ..
lol, this is just gold,

especially India and Russia both just announce they intended to boost long standing defence ties.

I mean I don't know what these people think, they have had some sort of duplicity mentality......cheering on a country that support your mortal enemy because they oppose the west which was the one supporting themselves to begin with..........

They really should donate to Russia MIC which will help Indian defence immensely and use them against your own country.......That's how ridiculous this sounded.

The reason why Kashmir isn't liberated is due to British treachery. They left Kashmir undecided. Russia doesn't have anything to do with Kashmir.

Before you claim that Russia is main supplier of weapons to India, Pakistani generals were also in bed with US/NATO during Cold War.

Russia didn't accuse Pakistan of terrorism in Afghanistan. US and NATO did and still do. Russia didn't kill innocent Pakistanis during WoT. Americans did. US/NATO killed Pakistani soldiers at Salala. Russians didn't. As far as I can guage, Russia is still very helpful towards Pakistsn despite being backstabbed by US/NATO and Pakistani generals during the Cold War. Pakistani fighters are powered by Russian engines. Russia sells its helicopters to Pakistan. Russia doesn't brainwash Pakistani generals during military exchanges. Pakistani generals get a thorough brainwashing during military exchanges with the USA.

In contrast not a single Western country is willing to sell offensive weapons to Pakistan. In fact, Pakistan is put on blacklists by Western nations. Western nations accuse Pakistan of using these weapons against India. Western nations accuse Pakistan of handing over weapons to China. Only accusations and no trust from Western nations for Pakistan. Western nations sell offensive weapons to India.

Additionally, Western countries aren't willing to provide economic assistance to Pakistan. Even during devastating floods the Western countries looked the other way and didn't help Pakistan economically.

Are these your Western allies?

Last edited:
Most people don't realise the inflation is ALWAYS going to come with or without the Ukrainian war. I mean we just comes out of 2 years worldwide lockdown, with logistic and manufacturer base closed during 2020-2021, it's mostly certain those sector will not be able to catch up with post COVID world, especially so for energy sector, when country world wide headed into lockdown, plants aren't working, the need of energy is low, I mean, if you drive, you will know during COVID we have one of the cheapest gas price since maybe 1980. And that should tell you something, because the market is awashed with energy product. And you know what will happen when this happened? They scale back gas production and oil drilling.

I remember reading an article written by either JPMorgan or Standard/Poor saying fuel will hit $130 a barrel, and that article is written before this war happened. The energy price are always going to boom when we come out of COVID, probably this is what Putin is betting on and choose to invade then, that things may complicate and oil will hit thru $150 + a barrel, which is what happened most of the time when a oil production country in war. That's increase the instability of supply and price goes up. Which is most likely what Putin is betting on, either the West did not interfere and oil price stay low, or they do, and then oil price shoot up and they are making a killing in Energy Sector.

In a way, this war help the West with regard to this, a lot of stuff they normally wouldn't do but they did because of this war, the oil price cap, the embargo of Russian oil and gas product, the increase of alternative supply, all those would have been the same if this war had not happened when the world walks into $130 a barrel. But then they did, that's why oil price keep at the low end of $100 and that's probably one of the most oversight coming from Putin.
I will buy an electric car earlier than planned. Same like millions other in Europe. We switch from combustion to electric. That’s probably the only bright spot of this war. Putin can drink all gasoline himself.

Generally featurewise it is on par with other 5th gen. planes .It has some stealth feature flaws in some angles but certain modifications can be made to compensate for these issues. F15 also does not have S or Y intake shape but possibly uses engine blockers to improve its stealthiness in silent eagle model.

Similarly Russia can make modifications missionwise like for example high altitude missions like awacs, R77 amraam truck or long range bombing from high altitude engine blockers like grill mesh screen-angled sideways can be added on the front of inlets to reduce frontal rcs.It will fly slower but it doesnt need to fly fast in that scenario. It mostly needs frontal aspect stealth. For low altitude flight missons and interception it wont need engine blocker that much as inlets wont be exposed that much.

5th gen isn't all about stealth. Electronics matter too.

5th gen isn't all about stealth. Electronics matter too.

Is there a reason, why you post the same video for the third time … and for the Su-57, that‘s surely correct, but electronics and state of the art avionics is surely something the Russians can even better than stealth. :azn:

and for the Su-57, that‘s surely correct, but electronics and state of the art avionics is surely something the Russians can even better than stealth. :azn:

Stealth has never been proven in combat. It might work. It might not. Also, Su-57 has 3D TVC which comes in handy in dogfight.

This is the way I am sure the Iranian commanders justified kidding kids into the Basij force to act as human wave attackers against Iraq in Operation Ramadan: liberating kids from all over Iran to go as human wave bullet absorbers so Iran could make some headway in Iraq only to end up in a stalement.

Russia could not take Afghanistan in the 1980s: a 3rd rate power with limited support from Pakistan and the US. Somehow in your world it takes over Ukraine with full NATO support and the everybody recognizes it?

No country recognized Afghanistan as Soviet territory for the short time the Soviets held Kabul. And yes of course that was an operation that nothing to do with imperial expansion since so many Russian ethnicities were being victimized in Afghanistan in the 1970s...
Soviet Union comment was a sarcastic one: people claim that Russia always prevails and when it prevails countries will eventually support it. I was sighting an example that Russia may have prevailed in Hungary before our lifetime but it has a dubious record of victory and so the Ukraine thing is up for a toss as well.

As far as Iran and basij: I don't dispute the fact that Iran was the underdog everybody was supporting the aggressor (Iraq). That is true and everything that needed to be done was done.

But human wave tactics were used and even Iran's own Govt claimed that nobody less than 16 fought. Big difference in coming of age between 16 and 18.

I will buy an electric car earlier than planned. Same like millions other in Europe. We switch from combustion to electric. That’s probably the only bright spot of this war. Putin can drink all gasoline himself.
I am already looking at one. Can't decide to get a Tesla like everyone else or get a Merc EQA or Audi etron

And I can't wait the Top Gears guy do a "back to carpet for you" bit on Putin

Russias oil exports fall by 1/3rd because not enough buyers in the market. Mostly because of lower sales volumes and forced discounts

Navigated

Financial TimesFinancial Times
Financial Times UK27 Apr 2023

Oil Prices

Russian oil revenue falls sharply as caps by west hit finances​

ANASTASIA STOGNEI

• More
  • Translate Article
  • Print
  • Listen

Russia’s revenue from oil exports fell by almost a third in the first quarter of this year, suggesting that western price caps were hurting Moscow’s finances, according to data compiled by the Kyiv School of Economics.​

The analysis showed that three-quarters of the drop in sales of Russian oil and related products between January and March could be linked to western restrictions.
Russia’s revenue from crude and refined products was $38.8bn in the first full quarter after the G7 and EU introduced price caps in December. That compared with $54.5bn in the last three months of last year.
The researchers attributed about 75 per cent of the fall to lower sales volume and larger price discounts for Russian crude, both factors directly related to western restrictions. The remaining 25 per cent of the fall was linked to lower global prices.
The findings offer evidence that sanctions are having some effect in limiting Moscow’s ability to refill its war chest while continuing to allow its oil to flow and not disrupt global markets.
The price cap on crude, introduced in December, stands at $60 a barrel, while the cap on refined products, imposed in February, limits the sale of Russian diesel and petrol to $100 a barrel and lowervalue products, such as fuel oil, to $45 a barrel. The curbs allow the use of western shipping services only for oil sold below the caps. Russia has redirected most of its exports to India and China.
Declining crude export volumes accounted for $6.1bn of the lower revenue. The detailed records suggest Russia’s move to cut oil production may be driven by market challenges rather than a policy choice. Sales of crude fell 12 per cent year on year, the equivalent of about 400,000 barrels a day.
Russia announced a voluntary production cut in February, in response to what Russian deputy prime minister Alexander Novak called the “destructive energy policy of the countries of the collective west”.
“With the EU embargo fully in force, it has become very difficult for Russia to redirect all of the seaborne crude from the no-longer existent European market,” said Benjamin Hilgenstock, senior economist at the KSE Institute.
Hilgenstock said Russia was accepting steep discounts on sales, which “show that recently announced production cuts are not voluntary but a consequence of sanctions”.
The study found that while revenue from crude dropped significantly, there was little change in Russia’s sale of oil products, which contribute to a much lower share of the country’s budget.
A further $5.2bn of the hit to export revenue was due to the rise in price discounts for Russian oil relative to Brent. This widened from $17.4 a barrel in December to $23.2 in March, as a direct result of the price cap.
The caps have placed considerable pressure on Russia’s public finances. Moscow breached its full-year deficit targets for 2023 in the first quarter.

Back
Top Bottom