What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Not quite Cuba bad but, yes, this war will be eventually very bad for Russia.

Russia still has and for decades more will have some very smart people AND huge natural resources. But the losses from this war would add to the already declining population, flight of capital, and flight of people! I honestly don't see how this war will benefit Russia? Playing the second fiddle to the West would look like less worse scenario compared with what this war will do to Russia. As long as Russia had the huge nuclear arsenal, spread over the globe, Russia was assured no direct war would be launched even if Ukraine had become part of NATO.

And if this war gets out of hand, with the use of nukes or foreign resources/people joining Russia then Europe as a whole will suffer far worse than it is suffering already.
And let's not even speak of Ukraine!

Just few months ago, Russia had a growing economy, and a military that was feared around the world. Europe was even moving towards approving nord2, which would have further increase their gas revenues, but then it all changed when Putin had a delusional dream about expanding. Russian's only have themselves to blame for keeping him in power.

Russian mil bloggers have been reporting 50+ attacks per day since forever by now. The frontline is hardly moving, which means almost all attacks are repelled. Would some of the pro russians explain how the ukrainians are able to repel so many attacks and not inflict hundreds of russian casualties per day? Do the russians simply turn and run at first contact?

"Thousands of tanks in storage" are just hulls. Extra tanks which could've been made to move with just maintenance, were all already shipped to the front lines by both UA, and RU.

Russians have way more T-72s in storage, but nevertheless they switched to sending even older tanks because those still had engines, sights, and etc.

And if anybody has noticed a string of mysterious fires at Russian manufacturing plants they all go: engine manufacturing, optics manufacturing, gaskets manufacturing, bearings manufacturing, tnt factories, paint factories, propellant factories, lubricants factories, metal working tool factories...

Very good thread on Russian tank inventory.
He believes Russia has 1400-1600 usable tanks left.

He has become a overly religious peace activist, basically protesting all US foreign policy. He is one of Russias useful idiots. His appeal to authority is based on a long gone past, and he is drawn towards conspiracy theories.

^This

Russia should throw a few tactical nuke and finish it for once and all , what would the west do? Have a nuke war with Russia ?
By this logic any nuclear armed supporter of Ukraine could just drop a couple of nukes targeting major russian formations in eastern Ukraine, and finish this war. What would Russia do? Have a nuclear war with NATO?

Russia should throw a few tactical nuke and finish it for once and all , what would the west do? Have a nuke war with Russia ?
You apparently have no idea how radiation works, and the environmental damage that would occur to Russia as well.

"Thousands of tanks in storage" are just hulls. Extra tanks which could've been made to move with just maintenance, were all already shipped to the front lines by both UA, and RU.

Russians have way more T-72s in storage, but nevertheless they switched to sending even older tanks because those still had engines, sights, and etc.

And if anybody has noticed a string of mysterious fires at Russian manufacturing plants they all go: engine manufacturing, optics manufacturing, gaskets manufacturing, bearings manufacturing, tnt factories, paint factories, propellant factories, lubricants factories, metal working tool factories...
Would not be surprised, I know for a fact that last gen tank in the US like M-60 i being stripped to the haul and mostly used as a target, it can't move, it can't shoot, and it can't fight, the only thing is, there are country still using M-60 tank and they can overhaul those hull, I don't think the same can do done to wholesale update those T-55....

Would not be surprised, I know for a fact that last gen tank in the US like M-60 i being stripped to the haul and mostly used as a target, it can't move, it can't shoot, and it can't fight, the only thing is, there are country still using M-60 tank and they can overhaul those hull, I don't think the same can do done to wholesale update those T-55....

Taiwan uses M48 and M60.

Back
Top Bottom