What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Somebody explain how does a operator of BMPT terminator tank see the target 2km away on flat land & in forest covered with trees ???
The way the Russians are targeting the Urkainians is from 2-3 km away.
So how does the precision targeting get covered in huge area ? Do the BMPT tank crews use aerial drones to visually see those targets or do they use sataillite to target on the ground linked with every BMPT unit communication system ? Any positive feedback appreciated ?

Russia pounds Bakhmut supply lines​

Source
There are something called human eyes. 2 or 3 km is not a problem at all. I give you a tip, in some clear nights you can see galaxies light years far away. On those Russian tank there are Russians with normal human eyes probably equipped with binoculars, infrared detector, night vision viewer.

https://twitter.com/UkraineNewsLive...threads/ukraine-russia-conflict.4490/page-790

There are something called human eyes. 2 or 3 km is not a problem at all. I give you a tip, in some clear nights you can see galaxies light years far away. On those Russian tank there are Russians with normal human eyes probably equipped with binoculars, infrared detector, night vision viewer.
I understand the fact about human eyes. The point of targetting comes when the target is 3+ km away & you as BMPT operator don't want to waste 20-30 rounds firing & giving away your GPS location to the enemy for incoming return fire. Yes I used to have a telescope to glance at galaxies to nearby stars.

The Chinese use something called the Beduu sataillite system where as the Russians have Glosnas. Without pin point precision human eyes are not good enough to waste ammunition, don't you think? I do.

When you shell the city for 6 months, soften up the targets and outshell ukriane 5:1 things are different
You watched WAYYYYYYYYYY too many movie.

Ukrainian won't be standing still out in the open in Bakhmut and wait for the Russian Artillery round. Artillery and Mortar strike was called "Indirect" fire for a reason, it's "indirect" as you cannot see what you are hitting.

People can move around, position can be fortified, all those degrade the effectiveness of artillery and mortar strike, I can pump 1 million rounds on target that does not mean every round would kills, the conventional ratio is about 0.1% of all round does damage, as in 1 out of 1000 round do hit something other than dirt. Even less when you are talking about killing or attritting the enemy. 5 to 1 advantage is not much when you talk about it was used against a prepared position. That's why they still can't manage to crack Bakhmut in the first place.

On the other hand, my point still stand, nobody is that stupid to keep on fighting if they cannot sustain that kind of loss, even Russia did that at Kherson when they cannot sustain their deployment, and they are the one attacking, which mean ground loss to them is more essential. Ukraine won't stay and fight if they suffer enormous casualty, I mean for what? Bakhmut is not particularly important, because even if they loses Bakhmut, there are still a long way, and multiple city to go before it hit the rest of Donetsk. Bakhmut is NOT Kyiv, it's not even a regional capital of Ukraine, it's not even a regional capital of Donetsk. There are no reason at all for the Ukrainian to stay and fight if they suffer enormous casualty.

But hey, if you want to believe Ukraine suffer 700 or 1000 dead a day defending Bakhmut, be my guest, 1000 killed a day means 30,000 dead in a month, that's not Bakhmut breaking number, that's a war breaking number to lose 3 division of men in just a month, if they really do lose that many people, they would already had lost the war and Russia would already be in Kyiv by now. I wouldn't put 100 kill per day to break Bakhmut, if Russia managed to kill around 60-80 Ukrainian a day, Ukraine would have to withdrawn by then, that's almost losing a Brigade per month.

Last edited:
You watched WAYYYYYYYYYY too many movie.

Ukrainian won't be standing still out in the open in Bakhmut and wait for the Russian Artillery round. Artillery and Mortar strike was called "Indirect" fire for a reason, it's "indirect" as you cannot see what you are hitting.

People can move around, position can be fortified, all those degrade the effectiveness of artillery and mortar strike, I can pump 1 million rounds on target that does not mean every round would kills, the conventional ratio is about 0.1% of all round does damage, as in 1 out of 1000 round do hit something other than dirt. Even less when you are talking about killing or attritting the enemy. 5 to 1 advantage is not much when you talk about it was used against a prepared position. That's why they still can't manage to crack Bakhmut in the first place.

On the other hand, my point still stand, nobody is that stupid to keep on fighting if they cannot sustain that kind of loss, even Russia did that at Kherson when they cannot sustain their deployment, and they are the one attacking, which mean ground loss to them is more essential. Ukraine won't stay and fight if they suffer enormous casualty, I mean for what? Bakhmut is not particularly important, because even if they loses Bakhmut, there are still a long way, and multiple city to go before it hit the rest of Donetsk. Bakhmut is NOT Kyiv, it's not even a regional capital of Ukraine, it's not even a regional capital of Donetsk. There are no reason at all for the Ukrainian to stay and fight if they suffer enormous casualty.

But hey, if you want to believe Ukraine suffer 700 or 1000 dead a day defending Bakhmut, be my guest, 1000 killed a day means 30,000 dead in a month, that's not Bakhmut breaking number, that's a war breaking number to lose 3 division of men in just a month, if they really do lose that many people, they would already had lost the war and Russia would already be in Kyiv by now. I wouldn't put 100 kill per day to break Bakhmut, if Russia managed to kill around 60-80 Ukrainian a day, Ukraine would have to withdrawn by then, that's almost losing a Brigade per month.
Yes Russia has lost 1000 men per day
Loses stand at 0.5 million and will end up at 30m but regardless they will take the remaining 20% territory

Yep.. i find it amusing to read posts suggesting the Russians are unable to capture bakmut and are failing blah blah

People need to understand why the Russians are using the term 'meat grinder' to describe this battle.

Meanwhile the Ukrainians will oblige and continue losing 700-1000 troops per day in bakmut
It's been 9 month and they still haven't capture it. The death toll in this one battle is over 50k alone. On the Russian side.

While Ukrainians suffered less casualty because they are defending and have better casevac & medevac than the russians. It's a meat grinder for the Russian with the Ukrainian doing the grinding.

If they do managed to win it's pyrrhic victory. With Ukrainians benefitting more.

Back
Top Bottom