What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

USA has a very prevalent cancel culture. She is ex-Democrat and hence canceled to be irrelevant.

An ex military American born to White/Samoan parents is an Hindi nationalist supports India against USA interest... do you hear your self and garbage you are you spewing ?

India and Hindu hate is taking, millions of your fellow citizens (Hindus/ Sikh/ Christians and lost of Muslims) has been sacrificed by your onw actions and ideology. wake up and do something to improve life of masses. this hate and prejudice is taking you nowhere.

We expected better from think tank! :hitwall::hitwall:
Stop playing the India victim guard like Adhani. Has no problem taking money western investors but when somebody shorts based on real data (it happens to US listed companies all the time) all of a sudden its ganging up against the victim.

There is no cancel culture: a likely Presidential candidate is the former SC governor. Much closer to India heritage than this distant hawaiian.

Indians always like to play the selective game: Take foreign investment but not let foreign retailers like Amazon enter the country to protect their own retailers while wreaking havoc on labor around the western world.

Back to the post: its irrelevant because its obvious. No rich country is going to have 5%_ GDP growth. A basic economic student knows that. Places to squeeze out productivity are small.

But losers like her manipulate people into thinking that western world sux. This is what selective manipulation is about. So its good she is ignored by her own party whose time in office has led to record job growth in 60 years and more economic initiatives launched in 2 years than in history. Democratic parties are like that: you are either with the program or you are not.

Same thing with Republicans who did not like the few republicans that impeached Trump and against.

So no religious based cancellation: just common sense exclusion like any corportation

Yes..hence please keep legality outside of this thread
War is war..there is no legal or illegal war
100% agree. Its cruel, but it is human nature to go war. Nobody in history or in current memory has any legal basis. UK did not have a right to keep its citizens in Falklands for the last 100 years, Belgians in Congo, Pearl Harbor attack, Iraq invading Kuwait, US invading Iraq.

So keep the morality of 'this one side is pure so its all just'. This applies to both Russia and NATO supporters.

Humanity is a set of selfish barbaric characters, so stop feeling good about yourselves

Last edited:

“Here we have the 50 Leopard 1s,” he said,

I am starting to wonder how long it will be before Russia starts to bring T-34 tanks to Ukraine. At this rate, only a matter of time.

Telling that the past 20years of military theory and doctrine on the decreasing utility of the tank have been thrown out of the window and their utility in a modern battlefield is as important as it is now as was 40years ago.

Hopefully there is enough criticial mass here - for BAe and the UK Goverment to build a homegrown Challenger 4 tank, with a view on exports to Europe.

Poland has donated all of its T-72 tanks and have had them backfilled with the more capable Abrahams tanks.

He already forgotten when Crimea got bombed last time.

Many nations are sending in their equipment, even Germany. But the Baltics and Poland have been more aggressive and willing to send in their equipment compared to others early in the war. Mind you they just don't want to be part of Russia and its influence anymore.
Medvedev is a psychopath.

I am starting to wonder how long it will be before Russia starts to bring T-34 tanks to Ukraine. At this rate, only a matter of time.

Telling that the past 20years of military theory and doctrine on the decreasing utility of the tank have been thrown out of the window and their utility in a modern battlefield is as important as it is now as was 40years ago.

Hopefully there is enough criticial mass here - for BAe and the UK Goverment to build a homegrown Challenger 4 tank, with a view on exports to Europe.

Poland has donated all of its T-72 tanks and have had them backfilled with the more capable Abrahams tanks.
Probably to the point that the Russians use T-34s and even the old Lend Lease Sherman tanks from the museum.

“Here we have the 50 Leopard 1s,” he said, pointing. “We also have 38 German Gepard tanks, 112 Austrian SK-105 light tanks, and 100 Italian VCC2 and 70 M113 armour carriers.”

Besides the Leos, but the 38 Gepard for anti air is significant number along with 170 M113 variants. And if you look on the right that looks like cranes on those vehicles, engineering vehicles, very important as well for repairs and recovery!

Pentagon has mentioned that Crimea is fair game long before.
Germany is going to repair the 88 Leopard 1 stored in Rheinmetall for 100 million Euro and then send them to Ukraine.

Ukraine is going to need a lot of armour because the Russian offensive is coming, a lot of manpower influx into Ukrainian line and most military analyst expect Russia to make some progress, which mean the tanks the Ukrainian need equipment to push them back afterward when they culminated.

At this stage we are talking about 3 Brigade of modern western armour brigade and probably similar number of older Western Armour Brigade, they probably going to need a hundred or so more and form another 3 ABCT in order to start a maneuver warfare, otherwise all counteroffensive is going to be local.

Germany is going to repair the 88 Leopard 1 stored in Rheinmetall for 100 million Euro and then send them to Ukraine.

Ukraine is going to need a lot of armour because the Russian offensive is coming, a lot of manpower influx into Ukrainian line and most military analyst expect Russia to make some progress, which mean the tanks the Ukrainian need equipment to push them back afterward when they culminated.

At this stage we are talking about 3 Brigade of modern western armour brigade and probably similar number of older Western Armour Brigade, they probably going to need a hundred or so more and form another 3 ABCT in order to start a maneuver warfare, otherwise all counteroffensive is going to be local.
Guess they need to speed things up. Especially the Paladins. I'm also hoping for more artillery as well like at least 200 or so from other countries besides the tanks. Cluster munitions also important, Biden shouldn't worry about it since Ukrainian government is requesting them and are using it against the large masses of troops. They can worry about cleaning them up later after the war. Allowing Russians to push through any coming offensive that could lead to more destruction on the cities nearby.

Also on twitter people mentioned about minimum of 400 Challenger 1 tanks. Maybe Chieftain tanks as well.

According to open source information, Jordan would have around 400 Challenger 1 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) in store. The Jordanian defense company King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau upgraded Jordanian Challenger MBTs which were named as Al-Hussein.

The Jordanian Challenger tanks are no longer in service and are replaced by 141 ex-Italian Army B1 Centauro 8x8 Mobile Gun Systems as well as ex-German Marder 1A3 tracked armored Infantry Fighting Vehicles.

The company RBSL, a joint venture between the German company Rheinmetall and the British company BAE Systems based in the United Kingdom will be able to refurbish Challenger 1. In May 2021, RBSL announced it had been awarded an £800m contract to upgrade 148 Challenger 3 Main Battle Tanks for the British Army.

The Challenger 2 being an upgrade of the Challenger 1, the company RBSL could possibly carry out the refurbishment in combat conditions of the Challenger 1 tanks coming from Jordan.

The Challenger 1 entered into service with the British in 1982, but despite its age, the Challenger 1 could still be very effective against Russian tanks thanks to its 120 mm gun but also still offer a high level of protection. During the first Gulf War in 1990–1991 The Challenger, in comparison with the American tank used in the Gulf, offering more mobility and firepower. Overall, Challenger 1 destroyed roughly 300 Iraqi Soviet-made tanks, while the Iraqi forces failed to take a single tank out of combat. During operation Desert Storm the Challenger 1 tank engaged an enemy target at a range of 5,100 m.

1200px-Challenger_1MBT_Mk_3_%287527916878%29.jpg

247mpcketlh81.png

rjtizubzulh81.png

The Jordanians made massive changes to it especially the turret armor.

Guess they need to speed things up. Especially the Paladins. I'm also hoping for more artillery as well like at least 200 or so from other countries besides the tanks. Cluster munitions also important, Biden shouldn't worry about it since Ukrainian government is requesting them and are using it against the large masses of troops. They can worry about cleaning them up later after the war. Allowing Russians to push through any coming offensive that could lead to more destruction on the cities nearby.

Also on twitter people mentioned about minimum of 400 Challenger 1 tanks. Maybe Chieftain tanks as well.

According to open source information, Jordan would have around 400 Challenger 1 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) in store. The Jordanian defense company King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau upgraded Jordanian Challenger MBTs which were named as Al-Hussein.

The Jordanian Challenger tanks are no longer in service and are replaced by 141 ex-Italian Army B1 Centauro 8x8 Mobile Gun Systems as well as ex-German Marder 1A3 tracked armored Infantry Fighting Vehicles.

The company RBSL, a joint venture between the German company Rheinmetall and the British company BAE Systems based in the United Kingdom will be able to refurbish Challenger 1. In May 2021, RBSL announced it had been awarded an £800m contract to upgrade 148 Challenger 3 Main Battle Tanks for the British Army.

The Challenger 2 being an upgrade of the Challenger 1, the company RBSL could possibly carry out the refurbishment in combat conditions of the Challenger 1 tanks coming from Jordan.

The Challenger 1 entered into service with the British in 1982, but despite its age, the Challenger 1 could still be very effective against Russian tanks thanks to its 120 mm gun but also still offer a high level of protection. During the first Gulf War in 1990–1991 The Challenger, in comparison with the American tank used in the Gulf, offering more mobility and firepower. Overall, Challenger 1 destroyed roughly 300 Iraqi Soviet-made tanks, while the Iraqi forces failed to take a single tank out of combat. During operation Desert Storm the Challenger 1 tank engaged an enemy target at a range of 5,100 m.
Well, If I was Ukraine, I will focus on defensive weapon for now. So this will be about more Javelin, NLAW and any crew serve weapon to be used for defensive position. You will need to take that Russian wave like it was last year, trade land for time if they have to, but they would need to fight off the Russian offensive first, stabilising the line, and then talk about their own counter offensive.

I would say Tanks, SPG and APC/IFV are not really important until it reach the summer because they don't do much on defensive battle, using them during the grind is just wasting the resource. I would argue for more long range weapon (like MLRS/HIMARS/ATACMS) for disrupting the enemy rear but I would most likely reserve all my mechanised combat power for my own push come later this year if I am the Ukrainian.

Well, If I was Ukraine, I will focus on defensive weapon for now. So this will be about more Javelin, NLAW and any crew serve weapon to be used for defensive position. You will need to take that Russian wave like it was last year, trade land for time if they have to, but they would need to fight off the Russian offensive first, stabilising the line, and then talk about their own counter offensive.

I would say Tanks, SPG and APC/IFV are not really important until it reach the summer because they don't do much on defensive battle, using them during the grind is just wasting the resource. I would argue for more long range weapon (like MLRS/HIMARS/ATACMS) for disrupting the enemy rear but I would most likely reserve all my mechanised combat power for my own push come later this year if I am the Ukrainian.
Very true, be a waste just sending a few trickle western tanks instead of a large counter offensive move when having a build up of tanks en masses along with IFVs, troops transports, etc. As you mentioned that the Ukrainians will just have to bear the brunt of the Russians offensive while targeting their supply lines and infantry as well with anti tanks and cluster munitions besides GMLRS and GLSB.

Very true, be a waste just sending a few trickle western tanks instead of a large counter offensive move when having a build up of tanks en masses along with IFVs, troops transports, etc. As you mentioned that the Ukrainians will just have to bear the brunt of the Russians offensive while targeting their supply lines and infantry as well with anti tanks and cluster munitions besides GMLRS and GLSB.
Well, the thing is, it's got both better and worse for the Ukrainian. The plus is Ukraine do not expect experienced or top notch Russian troop this time around, they are all gone. There aren't many seasoned troop left with Russia. Even Wagner bled white already, you are talking about the same quality of troop between a motivated Wagner fighter than a Russian conscript.

On the other hand, we cannot expect the Russian to be as dumb as last year, they are going to learn last year mistake, how much they can learn depends on how long they have to train, Russian troop, even green troop, if they have proper training and know their shit is still dangerous, it all depends on whether or not this time around Russian force can fight like a unified force with all branch work together with whatever equipment they have, if they can pull this off, then Ukrainian will be in a tougher fight, still won't be as bad as the beginning of last year tho, but if they do what they do last year, then this upcoming Russian offensive is nothing to be afraid of........

France till date has legally occupied African colonies
England legally occupied Falkland.
Swedish legally financed the Nazis and so on.

Everything is legal for powerful

Back
Top Bottom