What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

I said NATO trained officers, meaning ukrainians using NATO doctrine.

NATO should stop being scared of these imaginary russian red lines, and start drawing some clear red lines themself. Russia is acting opportunistic. All this would not have happend if NATO had involved itself back in 2014.

I presume NATO's going to send the the necessary ammo, spare parts, tank transporters, recovery vehicles and fuel transporters as well as train up the tank crews and a vast army of engineers to keep the things running That's the general idea I would imagine. If they aren't already there that is.

I said NATO trained officers, meaning ukrainians using NATO doctrine.

NATO should stop being scared of these imaginary russian red lines, and start drawing some clear red lines themself. Russia is acting opportunistic. All this would not have happend if NATO had involved itself back in 2014.
Agree 100%. Especially your last sentence. I said the same thing several times on here when this conflict sarted. We got here also because of NATOS own fault. Especially the mainland European countries(chief among which is France and Germany). They have been the main ones advocating appeasing Russia. Even when Putin started creeping on and invading his neighbours, from the Georgian invasion, to crimeas annexation . Many Western european countries were reluctant to agree to sanctions(pushed mainly by the US/UK back then) or military aid for fear of angering Russia and instead were calling for appeasement. Reason Putin thought he could keep going without any real reactions from NATO. In fact, Germany even kept all their relations with Russia even after all these Russian blatant aggressions and carried on pushing forward with their so called silly Russian nord stream pipeline which would have only added another layer of blackmail.for Putin, eventhough we warned Germany several times for years about that, yet they kept going forward like a blind man, thinking appeasing Russia and binding them economically will make Putin stop his military coercion of its neighbours. Ukraines invasion again showed they were delusional like we warned them..
Had European countries been united with US./UK/NATO and taken firm actions of full military/economic and financial support to Georgia, full economic sanctions/isolation of Russia and inflict heavy damage on Russia, even if Russia won the war eventually they would have thought more than twice about trying out another invasion of another country again in future given the huge cost and consequences they would have suffered back then .
Sometimes you have to take tough actions to have a chance of peace in future. However European countries didnt want to make tough decisions and wanted to keep being in denial and carry on with their easy access to Russian oil and gas which Putin used against them. Lol Now they have realised that it was very naive of them..better late than never though. In this regard, its actually a good thing Putin launch this invasion of Ukraine..it has made even the formerly pro Russian leaning(Like Greece) or neutral European countries(Italy etc) to realise that they can be easily threatened and wiped off the map and thus brought Europe and NATO even more closer together with historically neutral countries like even Norway and sweden demanding full NATO accession(something that was unthinkable just a few years ago). So a good thing came out of this war.

Last edited:
I presume NATO's going to send the the necessary ammo, spare parts, tank transporters, recovery vehicles and fuel transporters as well as train up the tank crews and a vast army of engineers to keep the things running That's the general idea I would imagine. If they aren't already there that is.
The ukrainian soldiers are brave and probably capable of working western tanks. I am talking about the ukrainian leadership. Seems to me there is no difference between ukrainian and russian warfare. Both sides operate way more armor than most european armies combined, and none of them are able to do decisive mobile combined arms operations. If nothing changes, western armor is just replacing sovjet armor in static defensive lines.

Zelinskki is Jew. They are god chosen people. They are smart. Putin in contrast is just dumb spy he has no chance. Demanding long range missiles to strike Russia mainland is a logical step. You mean the Russians can strike but Ukraine is not allowed to do the same?
right now Russian in Russia don't like the war, you can say they are not in war mode , if NATO gave Ukraine those long range missile Zelensky crave and then they target deep inside Russia with them there is the danger that make Russian united on the war.
I think it was a wise move not to gave him those long range missile . on other hand if the range of the MLRS Ukraine have access to get increased up to let say 150-160km that can help a lot without the danger of uniting Russians

The ukrainian soldiers are brave and probably capable of working western tanks. I am talking about the ukrainian leadership. Seems to me there is no difference between ukrainian and russian warfare. Both sides operate way more armor than most european armies combined, and none of them are able to do decisive mobile combined arms operations. If nothing changes, western armor is just replacing sovjet armor in static defensive lines.

They are complex weapons systems which require intensive training to operate. On the other hand, the T-72 was designed for use by conscripts and you can see for yourself how successful it has been....

I have source in Nellis saying they are already on an Actual F-16 and A-10, they are training alongside the US flight crew. The news they were on Simulator are made around April/May last year. The Training in Nellis is reported by many source as well, even @gambit was talking about it earlier today.

As for how many, don't forget US has passed a 40 billions Ukrainian support bill and the drawn down act. US can provide new F-16V to Ukraine if they want for 130 million a piece, so they can probably send 2 squadron, and if the new 43 billion bill is passed by Congress (Dem control the senate so they will pass the senate) then they can provide another 2 squadron or 24 planes. But more than likely US will pull stock from Monthan-Davis boneyard and MLU them and send them to Ukraine. That will done with a fraction of a cost than sending new. They can probably send 4 squadron with around 10 billions dollars.

The US can refeb something like this

These F-16 was just pulled from service 3 months ago and US can work on them with minimal money and time and send them to Ukraine. US have a lot of spare F-16 to go around, probably more than M1 Abrams in storage.
I doubt on F-16v specially if those F-16 you mentioned are put out of service just 3 month ago . they are literally flight worthy a check and put military gadget back inside and they are ready for flight
(I assume those millitary equipment are stored not destroyed)
specially that by tap into those airplanes you can send 5 or more instead 1 brand new F-16v and by what i see there ukrainian probably as much appreciate quantity as much as Quality and Block 25 is F-16C . it give ukraine night attack capability that they lacked and radar on it believe is better than anything they had in their inventory . only concerns about them is that if Wikipedia is right the ability to fire HARM and AIM-120 introduced in Block-30/32

right now Russian in Russia don't like the war, you can say they are not in war mode , if NATO gave Ukraine those long range missile Zelensky crave and then they target deep inside Russia with them there is the danger that make Russian united on the war.
I think it was a wise move not to gave him those long range missile . on other hand if the range of the MLRS Ukraine have access to get increased up to let say 150-160km that can help a lot without the danger of uniting Russians
What danger? Russians united?
There is zero danger for Putin’s absolute regime.
Putin has killed off every opposition during his 20y in power. Most polls in Russia show vast majority of Russians support the war. They believe to propaganda. They are apathetic towards Ukraine sufferings. Even hundreds thousands die, millions lost homes, deported, they simply don’t care. Putin himself says 99,9 percent Russians would die for fatherland, he means, 99,9 percent will die for him.

Putin has killed off every opposition during his 20y in power. Most polls in Russia show vast majority of Russians support the war. They are apathetic towards Ukraine sufferings. They simply don’t care. Putin himself says 99,9 percent would die for fatherland, he means, they will die for him.
not exactly , first round of mobilization showed how popular this war is.
and yes 99% probably Die for fatherland (interestingly everybody call it motherland , Russian call it fatherland) not for Ukraine, they don't consider that fatherland and if Ukraine begin lob missile toward fatherland then there is the danger of those 99% change their minds.
and the war end very soon in the way Medveve predicted an Ukraine without access to sea
so i believe not giving them the long range missile they want is wise

This war only just began. LOL I am enjoying it thoroughly how the US/NATO are getting sucked in and are having to supply tanks. Ukraine is already demanding fighter jets from US/NATO counties. Folks, this war is endless. Get ready for a gruelling duel for years to come. Zelensky doesn't want to talk to Putin anymore LOL The Europeans are worried to death about Zelensky's attitude.

Ukraine isn't satisfied with the amount of tanks being supplied.

When will these tanks actually reach Ukraine? Care to elaborate on that? Will it be a watered down version? What about spares and training?

not exactly , first round of mobilization showed how popular this war is.
and yes 99% probably Die for fatherland (interestingly everybody call it motherland , Russian call it fatherland) not for Ukraine, they don't consider that fatherland and if Ukraine begin lob missile toward fatherland then there is the danger of those 99% change their minds.
and the war end very soon in the way Medveve predicted an Ukraine without access to sea
so i believe not giving them the long range missile they want is wise

I watched a video that asked Russians did they agree with the attack on Ukraine. It was about 50/50 until they were asked would they be prepared to fight for their country and suddenly lots didn't think that was a good idea. Easy to support something that doesn't affect you but much more difficult when it does.

I watched a video that asked Russians did they agree with the attack on Ukraine. It was about 50/50 until they were asked would they be prepared to fight for their country and suddenly lots didn't think that was a good idea. Easy to support something that doesn't affect you but much more difficult when it does.
they don't consider ukraine as their country its natural they don't want to die for it , but if your home become under attack , you soon change your mind

Today: Good performance of the Russian ground forces and strong fire support..

Kiev alone took 15 hits..lost all electricity..
The Russians manipulate the western air defenses.. Launching the drones at night was intended to uncover the Ukrainian defense sites and drain part of them in preparation for the morning missile strike..

The Russians have introduced their latest Kh-69 stealth cruise missile in this attack:

Last edited:
they don't consider ukraine as their country its natural they don't want to die for it , but if your home become under attack , you soon change your mind

I can see fighting for your country if it was attacked and you are protecting it...its another thing to give you life up for a guy that just wants more money and oil for himself.....i wouldnt fight for Putin either

Back
Top Bottom