What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The Belarus invasion of Ukraine is coming. Ukraine says she is prepared. 40 percent of Ukraine territories or 250,000 km2 are covered by mines. The largest mine field in the world, or probably the largest ever in history. the mine fields will slow down enemy advance, behind the mine field are rows of artillery batteries.

The Belarus invasion of Ukraine is coming. Ukraine says she is prepared. 40 percent of Ukraine territories or 250,000 km2 are covered by mines. The largest mine field in the world, or probably the largest ever in history. the mine fields will slow down enemy advance, behind the mine field are rows of artillery batteries.

The problem russia has is it has lost the element of suprise from the north. It has not found an answer to Javelins/nlaws/himar/tb2 drones that will pick off any invasion that is in the open. Its logistics capability is even worse than before the war has started and it has lost its best soliders already.

If there is an operation from the north - it is to just attempt to get ukraine to dilute ukranian forces to ease pressure in the south by diverting troops to the north.

It is difficult to know the size of the ukranian army - but it is alot lot lot bigger than it was at the start of the war and they are far more experienced.

The ability of the russian airforce to operate freely has gone down alot with the supply of western sam systems aswell.

NATO can alleviate pressure from Belarus to Ukraine by positioning more NATO forces closer to Belarus - will give the little tin pot dictator in Belarus food for thought aswell ...

I guess Oryx will need to stock up on lots of coffee at an industrial level as there will need to be a lot of counting of new blown up russian armour equipment coming soon ...

Last edited:
Well, people can argue Bakhmut is strategic, but is it not the same for every city in Ukraine? If Putin’s army captured one city after the other at some point Ukraine loses the war.
It makes no sense to frontal assault a heavily defended city at Donbas. It’s not better to attack from the flanks or elsewhere? How will the Russians attack and capture it without tanks and aviation?
For me the Wagner hooligans and Russian troops are either dumb or suicide lemmings.
bakhmut was not strategic , no doubt just a meat grinder. soon it will be forgotten and then another city , village or hamlet will be turned into a meat grinder , WW1 relived

~

Why do the Russians want Bakhmut so much ?

For 5 mounts and after who know how many casualties, Russia is still trying to take this small town , and no one understands why.

Here is one possible expalnation :

This seems consistent with Wagner’s modus operandi in Africa, where the group’s military activities often function hand in hand with control of mining assets . This could be the incentives that driving Prigozhin , head of wagner mercenaries , “obsession” with taking Bakhmut.

You can take this theory with as much " grains of salt " you want. But this is what Prigozhin himself said :

at the start of war they get the city but later they easily (you may say too easily) they let it fall in Ukraine hand , you wonder why if that's their interest in the city

Last edited:
too little too late - Ukrainian military is losing Bakhmut and Soledar quicker than anyone expected -fact!

Ukraine's military logistics backend is obviously fukd up- war is logistics- if your logistics breaks down, you lose the war.
So 5 months is quicker then anyone expected? Can you screenshot that?
Mr. screenshot?

Also never mind it has still not yet been fully taken

You're really delusional and fit into the typical Westerner who wave the flag and swallow everything he (or she) hears from their mainstream media and politicians. Donating ten challenger tanks is an insult to the injury. After more than 100, 000 deaths, 100s of 1000s more of casualties and over 13 million refugees suffered by Ukrainians, UK - who is one of the main countries in the West who pushed for this war - is giving Ukraine 10 tanks? If that is not an insult, I don't know what it is.

If the Ukrainian military leaders are paying attention to how the West is responding and have any form of patriotism and love left for their country, there should be a coup in Uktraine and should call for ceasefire and peace treaty with Russia. Their country and the blood and treasure of their people have been used as sacrificial lambs in order to bleed the Russians.

The West is truly evil. They set these 2 countries (Russia and Ukraine) against each other, and all they care about is bleeding Russia, of course on the blood and suffering of Ukrainians. This is what you should understand about the West: It is the home center of the Antichrist.
I thought Anti-christ was a person, not a society or a military alliance. It also started with a few HIMARS and led to more.

You are not Ukranian (and not sure who on this thread is). Ultimately they chose to stand ground in the first 45 days and deny Russia its advantage. Ukrainians are not mindless drones at the mercy of their military backers.

They likely (I say this since clearly I am not from there, no more than you are Russian) decided to stand ground in Feb/March vs. surrender. That burns you, thats too bad.

They certainly don't need a keyboard warrior like you making idiotic religious analogies to come to their defence. They will do their dying if they wish and can stop when they wish.

You and rest of us will keep typing away here.

interesting, maybe had something to do with accent , because i heard otherwise from some people

Well, most word between Portuguese are similar to Spanish and they pronounce the same way Spanish people do. I don't know enough Italian to know anything, but if an Italian person speak Italian to me, I most likely will not have a clue what he or she is talking about.

Hi

Actually Bakhmut is a strategic location for both sides of the war , True Russians wants it to the city to attack Kramatorsk and Slovyansk, Horlivka, Donetsk, Alchevs’k and Luhansk and Ukrainian needs to keep Bakhmut to defend Kramatorsk and Slovyansk but it is also a gateway to Lysychansk Horlivka which are in turn a gateway to both Donetsk in the south and Luhansk to the east . Ukraine knows Bakhmut can not fall at all and Russia knows they to capture Bakhmut at any cost.

It’s a Verdun for both A nasty meat grinder

Bakhmut is only important for Russia if they can retake Lyman and Izyum, you cannot attack big city head on, you need to surround it and cut off most of the road, otherwise it will be a lot harder, if not impossible to take a big City like Sloviansk or Kramatorsk. Both being at least twice the size of Siverodonetsk and Bakhmut. And the former take Russian 103 days to take, and the later is around 170 days and counting. And if Russian even get that close to both City, their combat power would be degraded to a point it would not survive any assault. As with Odessa, the chance of Russia taking both Kramatosk and Slovanisk is almost all but gone.

Ukraine, on the other hand, have 3 other ways to attack Donetsk and Luhansk, they can either attack thru Svatove and flank Luhansk and then move down to Donetsk (which is what I suspect the Ukrainian is doing or trying to do) or they can attack thru Adviivka and thru Donetsk Interntional Airport. Or a 3rd way, which is to cut off Russian land bridge to Crimea by opening a 3rd front straight down to Melitopol or Mariupol and then move East to flank Donetsk. Which would require tanks to do.

Bear in mind LPR and DNR troop is spreaded quite thin at the moment along the entire frontline to the East 9From Svatove to Donestsk). I think if the West release their tank to Ukraine and the Ukrainian will most likely start a third front and I suspect the Russian would not have answer for that.

On the other hand, as I said many, MANY time, if Ukraine really did push into Svatove, then even if Russia captured Bakhmut, it would be pointless because they would be flanked along the entire line from the North. They would have to withdraw from their position if that happened.

This is why the desperation for N. Korean artillery: ain't much left. But as some have said on this forum, this is Putin's success.

That means Russians have no ability to use armor, no ability to use air power, and now with less artillery, they are just going to throw men at this as if its WWI.

Russian artillery fire down nearly 75%, US officials say, in latest sign of struggles for Moscow​

Updated 12:43 PM EST, Tue January 10, 2023

Ukrainian artillerymen fire at a position on the front line near the town of Bakhmut, in eastern Ukraine's Donetsk region, on October 31, 2022

Ukrainian artillerymen fire at a position on the front line near the town of Bakhmut, in eastern Ukraine's Donetsk region, on October 31, 2022
Dimitar Dilkoff/AFP/Getty Images

Washington CNN —

As Russia’s invasion of Ukraine enters its 11th month, US and Ukrainian officials tell CNN that Russia’s artillery fire is down dramatically from its wartime high, in some places by as much as 75%.

US and Ukrainian officials don’t yet have a clear or singular explanation. Russia may be rationing artillery rounds due to low supplies, or it could be part of a broader reassessment of tactics in the face of successful Ukrainian offenses.

Either way, the striking decline in artillery fire is further evidence of Russia’s increasingly weak position on the battlefield nearly a year into its invasion, US and Ukrainian officials told CNN. It also comes as Ukraine is enjoying increased military support from its western allies, with the US and Germany announcing last week that they will be providing Ukrainian forces for the first time with armored fighting vehicles, as well as another Patriot Defense missile battery that will help protect its skies.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, meanwhile, is apparently clambering to shore up domestic political support, US intelligence officials believe, for a war he initially would only describe as a limited “special military operation.”

US officials believe the 36-hour ceasefire Putin ordered in Ukraine last week to allow for the observance of Orthodox Christmas was an attempt to pander to Russia’s extensive Christian population, two people familiar with the intelligence told CNN, as well as an opportunity for Putin to blame Ukrainians for breaking it and paint them as heretical heathens.

‘The bucket is getting smaller’​

Much of the domestic opposition Putin and his generals have faced over the handling of the war has come from one of the Russian leader’s closest allies: Yevgeny Prigozhin, the head of the mercenary organization Wagner Group. Prigozhin has complained that the Russian Ministry of Defense has botched the war effort, and that Wagner Group should be given more equipment, authority and autonomy to carry out operations in Ukraine.

But Wagner Group has lost thousands of fighters in Ukraine the last two months alone, a senior US official said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom