What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The official said that Russia “cannot sustain these kinds of losses.”

“If Russia does eventually seize Bakhmut, Russia will surely characterize this, misleadingly, as a ‘major victory,” the official added. “But we know that is not the case. If the cost for each 36 square miles of Ukraine [the approximate size of Bakhmut] is thousands of Russians over seven months, this is the definition of Pyrrhic victory.”

I always taught its more spanish speaker talk to Italian speaker situation i heard about more than 60% lexical similarity .
well to be fair Spanish and Italian have around 80% similarity
I speak Spanish, I can understand almost everything a Portugese said if he/she speak slowly, but I don't understand shit anything about Italian.

Almost the same
Verdun is France’s strongest defense on the eastern flank, same for Bakhmut for Ukraine. Neither France nor Ukraine can’t afford to lose. Strategically both Verdun and Bakhmut are not important. Cities with few thousands inhabitants, no industrial no weapons manufacturing. It’s just symbolic for the population the gov can say hey! Look, our armies will defend the fortress until the bitter end, no matter the costs.

Hi

Actually Bakhmut is a strategic location for both sides of the war , True Russians wants it to the city to attack Kramatorsk and Slovyansk, Horlivka, Donetsk, Alchevs’k and Luhansk and Ukrainian needs to keep Bakhmut to defend Kramatorsk and Slovyansk but it is also a gateway to Lysychansk Horlivka which are in turn a gateway to both Donetsk in the south and Luhansk to the east . Ukraine knows Bakhmut can not fall at all and Russia knows they to capture Bakhmut at any cost.

It’s a Verdun for both A nasty meat grinder

I speak Spanish, I can understand almost everything a Portugese said if he/she speak slowly, but I don't understand shit anything about Italian.
interesting, maybe had something to do with accent , because i heard otherwise from some people

Hi

Actually Bakhmut is a strategic location for both sides of the war , True Russians wants it to the city to attack Kramatorsk and Slovyansk, Horlivka, Donetsk, Alchevs’k and Luhansk and Ukrainian needs to keep Bakhmut to defend Kramatorsk and Slovyansk but it is also a gateway to Lysychansk Horlivka which are in turn a gateway to both Donetsk in the south and Luhansk to the east . Ukraine knows Bakhmut can not fall at all and Russia knows they to capture Bakhmut at any cost.

It’s a Verdun for both A nasty meat grinder
Well, people can argue Bakhmut is strategic, but is it not the same for every city in Ukraine? If Putin’s army captured one city after the other at some point Ukraine loses the war.
It makes no sense to frontal assault a heavily defended city at Donbas. It’s not better to attack from the flanks or elsewhere? How will the Russians attack and capture it without tanks and aviation?
For me the Wagner hooligans and Russian troops are either dumb or suicide lemmings.

~

Why do the Russians want Bakhmut so much ?

For 5 mounts and after who know how many casualties, Russia is still trying to take this small town , and no one understands why.

Here is one possible expalnation :

This seems consistent with Wagner’s modus operandi in Africa, where the group’s military activities often function hand in hand with control of mining assets . This could be the incentives that driving Prigozhin , head of wagner mercenaries , “obsession” with taking Bakhmut.

You can take this theory with as much " grains of salt " you want. But this is what Prigozhin himself said :

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom