What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

I remember a few months ago they were showing the Russian trenches in the East near Kharkiv after being occupied by the Russian for 5 or 6 months, that picture was horrific and there don't seems to be an order for thing, I remember I had pointed out that that is just bad soldiering and it reflected a lot about Russian military as a whole.

And then this happened, I mean bunching that many people in the same place that close to the front line is something competent armies would never do. That's just bad soldiering and whoever bunch that much people on top of a ammo dump (forgot to mention in my previous post) ought to be shot.

hmm, interesting, I was kind of in a hurry and didn't double check, probably mistyped in my calculator?? But yeah, my point is still the same tho, thanks for pointing out the error.

The accuracy of those HIMARS is astounding. The building was surrounded by housing and yet not one of them appears to have been hit. Accommodations troops in an ammunition store what a brilliant idea as what could possibly go wrong.

Pity it wasn't the Wagner group /units or his pumped up football hooligan brigade

The accuracy of those HIMARS is astounding. The building was surrounded by housing and yet not one of them appears to have been hit. Accommodations troops in an ammunition store what a brilliant idea as what could possibly go wrong.

Pity it wasn't the Wagner group /units or his pumped up football hooligan brigade
This kind of accuracy is not possible unless someone is lazing the target on ground, it must have been Covert Ops involved.

Both the Ukrainian and the Russian said 6 missile salvo was fired, which mean this is most likely a strike package, or Tier 1 target. The Ukrainian really wanted that build to go, and that is for a reason.

My Prediction on the Ukrainian War in 2023

1.) Russia is going to try for another offensive most likely between March to June. Most likely direction is North thru Belarus to Kyiv (If Belarussian play balls with Russian) if not then Russia would most likely try to retake Lyman in the North East.

2.) Ukraine will focus on the current condition setting and attack Svatove and most likely open up another front in Zaporizhzhia

3.) High Chance for Russia to lose Kreminna and Svatove before Summer.

4.) Medium to Low chance Russia will lose Melitopol or Mariupol by Summer

5.) Medium to Low chance for Russia to be successful on the Spring Offensive

6.) Bakhmut direction will largely remain unchanged.

7.) NATO will increase weapon transfer to Ukraine.
kind of smug quoting my own quote, but number 7 is becoming true just 6 days into 2023......

France are sending AMX-10 and most likely US and Germany will follow up by sending Bradley and Marauder

I still think tanks are off limit tho, at least until end of the year.

Last edited:
With the deliveries of Bradley’s, Marders, and more HIMARS, we’re now approaching the point where the US/NATO believe Ukraine can liberate all its territory. They’re now preparing for a major spring offensive to destroy Russian lines.

I expect Russia will be defeated by the end of the year with Ukraine regaining most of its territory.

With the deliveries of Bradley’s, Marders, and more HIMARS, we’re now approaching the point where the US/NATO believe Ukraine can liberate all its territory. They’re now preparing for a major spring offensive to destroy Russian lines.

I expect Russia will be defeated by the end of the year with Ukraine regaining most of its territory.
That’s good. That will be a big push for Ukraine but those light tanks would be probably not enough for the final battles at Mariupol and Crimea.
The west should seriously deliver heavy battle tanks. Let’s do it. Let’s Ukraine finish the job. You think north Vietnam would take over south Vietnam with light tanks at the final battle of 1975?

The Bradleys(and other vehicles) are stepping stone to Abrahams, Leopards and Leclerc's as once crews are trained on the smaller tanks - they can be moved to the larger tanks..

I dont think there are issues with supplying tanks - it was getting the trust that Ukraine can use modern western weapons effectively and they could make good use of them. That is proven now. So there will be an uptick in larger equipment heading to ukraine it seems.

It started with M113 troop carriers, now IFV/Mini-tanks.. the scale is getting bigger.

This is the clearest signal that the big tanks are heading to Ukraine !!!!!!!!!!!

The Bradleys(and other vechicles) are stepping stone to Abrahams, Leopards and Leclerc's as once crews are trained on the smaller tanks - they can be moved to the larger tanks..

I dont think there are issues with supplying tanks - it was getting the trust that Ukraine can use modern western weapons effectively and they could make good use of them. That is proven now. So there will be an uptick in larger equipment heading to ukraine it seems.

It started with M113 troop carriers, now IFV/Mini-tanks.. the scale is getting bigger.

This is the clearest signal that the big tanks are heading to Ukraine !!!!!!!!!!!

It also demonstrates the confidence US/NATO have in Ukraine forces. They wouldn’t deliver these weapons if they thought Ukraine couldn’t defeat Russia.

Germany and the USA want to support Ukraine with more weapons: Both countries have announced the delivery of infantry fighting vehicles. Germany is supplying Ukraine with "Marder" tanks and a Patriot missile defense system. Chancellor Olaf Scholz and US President Joe Biden agreed on the phone on Thursday evening, according to a joint press release. The US will also supply the government in Kyiv with light Bradley armored personnel carriers and a Patriot system. The United States had already announced the delivery of the air defense system in December. Both governments also want to take care of the training of Ukrainian soldiers on the respective weapon systems. No information was given about the specific number of tanks or a delivery date. The German-American agreement is the result of votes that have been ongoing between the two governments since December 10th. On Wednesday, France announced that it intended to deliver AMX-10 RC reconnaissance tanks to Ukraine. Vice Chancellor Robert Habeck said at noon that a decision would be made "imminently". Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock had previously indicated another delivery. Berlin will "repeatedly check what further military support is needed so that more people can be freed," Baerbock told journalists in London after talks with her British colleague James Cleverly. The defense of Ukraine "of course also includes the liberation of the occupied areas," Kyiv needs the necessary funds for this. "We have to constantly look at what we can do more," said Baerbock.

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten...d-usa-liefern-schuetzenpanzer-an-ukraine.html

Built for Soviet times​

The AMX-10 is a light, highly mobile, armoured vehicle equipped with a 105mm cannon. It has been used in reconnaissance missions for the French army and was deployed as recently as the Barkhane mission in Africa, which formally ended in November.

“It’s a vehicle that was designed in the 70s and 80s to track the advance of Soviet armed land forces. The paradox is that it will be used today for the purpose it was built for … because the Russians have shown their doctrine hasn’t shifted much since the Soviet times,” Pellistrandi said.

Tells you all you need to know about the might "Red Army.." - it is still a little "too Red.."

PS - How many Leopard tanks do Germany have in storage ? Anyone knopw?

Germany to join US in supplying Patriot air defence battery to Ukraine

Germany will join the US in supplying an additional Patriot air defence battery to Ukraine, the White House has announced, after the German chancellor Olaf Scholz and US president Joe Biden spoke by phone.

The German and US leaders “expressed their common determination to continue to provide the necessary financial, humanitarian, military and diplomatic support to Ukraine for as long as needed”, the White House said in a statement.

The statement goes on to say:

The United States intends to supply Ukraine with Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles, and Germany intends to provide Ukraine with Marder Infantry Fighting Vehicles. Both countries plan to train Ukrainian forces on the respective systems.

President Biden and Chancellor Scholz also discussed further supporting Ukraine’s “urgent requirement for air defence capabilities”, it said.

In late December, the United States announced its donation of a Patriot air defence missile battery to Ukraine. Germany will join the United States in supplying an additional Patriot air defence battery to Ukraine.

Tells you all you need to know about the might "Red Army.." - it is still a little "too Red.."

PS - How many Leopard tanks do Germany have in storage ? Anyone knopw?
Leopard 2 about 100... split between Army storage (46) and company storage (for building upgraded versions)
Note the Leo2 is still in production (currently Hungary recive completely new build Leo2 A7+ and the Leo2 A7A1 that enter service this year also use completely new build chassis.
Leopard1 only Rheinmetal has 100 Leo1 A5 in storage... they offered 50 of them rigth from start of the war

Some comment from a (not too happy) Bradley Commander
1672947098201.png

1672947152103.png

1672947207211.png

1672947264596.png

1672947350671.png

1672947457889.png

1672947549190.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom