What's new

Russia to Sell 127 FGFA fighter aircrafts to India

Damn.... that's a hot news.... So as per my earlier thoughts we'd see fgfa before 2020... when will be the first prototype going to land in india???

Why I get a bad feeling that Pak Fa prototype (AKA improved FGFA prototype ) is already in India for 2years ?

Remember about Russians saying we already having plans to Convert Su35 into 5th generation fighter and evaluation are going on for very long time ?

they better, just 12 5th gen fighters for Russia at a time with rising tensions with the US/west just sounds crazy :sick:

May be not Bro. They already upgrading their large fleet and induction of large number of fighters like Su35 Su30SM is already on . PakFa was shot down due to recent economic downturn . But again India will help Russia for sure . At least 6-9 billions have to be paid up front by now if this report is true. And so we will get revised time line from 96 months to 36 .... Which is awesome . And I guess Russia will go for FGFA than PakFa ... Difference between them are not just about Single seater and the double . But about improved performance as well . So why not go for single seater FGFA than Single seater PakFa ?

Why I get a bad feeling that Pak Fa prototype (AKA improved FGFA prototype ) is already in India for 2years ?

Remember about Russians saying we already having plans to Convert Su35 into 5th generation fighter and evaluation are going on for very long time ?

i highly doubt that we hve it in India... if true the big mouth media would've already made a news of it... we were suppose to get the fgfa first prototype this year i guess but no news about it yet...

maybe russians are already working on that, but it's not gougn to be entirely a true 5th gen aircraft

the Canadian vet bring some old news and latest developments and put his view as FGFA by

Russia will deliver its first FGFA in 36 months instead of the previous estimation of 94 months. After the first batch built in Russia, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will takeover the production under transfer of technology.

FGFA in 36 months, hope they can complete the T 50 program first and start the SP in next 36 Months, then we can think about FGFA and the month game

Honestly as far as i know if India says 43 changes and insists on the certain subsystem/avionics etc bought from France and Israel OEM's then all that have to be sent to Russia for first batch integration. At present it looks tough.
Thus i believe its gonna be T50 directly first patch at russian standard.
Meanwhile the indian stuff will be integrated at HAL where Russia would give the TOT for PAKFA assembly
Pls dont hope for full TOT but its the same Su30 MKI route only

@Ind4Ever The article says that only 1st squadrons by max 2020 (2018-19 as Russia will deliver its first FGFA in 36 months). I am awaiting some more confirmation.
But it makes sense that we commit ourselves to something at least in a proper way.
Russia is our friend (best friend). We should look at 5th Generation bird too and the market is limited (US F35, Russian T50 and Chinese ones). Instead of being a late mover, i hope this news is true and we get it rolling

Honestly as far as i know if India says 43 changes and insists on the certain subsystem/avionics etc bought from France and Israel OEM's then all that have to be sent to Russia for first batch integration. At present it looks tough.
Thus i believe its gonna be T50 directly first patch at russian standard.
Meanwhile the indian stuff will be integrated at HAL where Russia would give the TOT for PAKFA assembly
Pls dont hope for full TOT but its the same Su30 MKI route only

@Ind4Ever The article says that only 1st squadrons by max 2020 (2018-19 as Russia will deliver its first FGFA in 36 months). I am awaiting some more confirmation.
But it makes sense that we commit ourselves to something at least in a proper way.
Russia is our friend (best friend). We should look at 5th Generation bird too and the market is limited (US F35, Russian T50 and Chinese ones). Instead of being a late mover, i hope this news is true and we get it rolling
If true this would be a awesome news for AMCA too. Need to think beyond rafale to replace Mig27 fleet .

Currently, Nearly 500 of our 670 Fighter aircrafts are of Russian Origin,

With This acquisition, that number is unlikely to go down much, since we know that India is unlikely to stop at 127 unless we want to be stuck with just 34 Combat Sqds

Its true or just a hoax??? :close_tema:

Nothing concrete in other news outlets till now.

haha how so?? wasn't India's intention to buy both Rafale and Pak-FA?? it is very unfortunate the MRCA deal didn't work out :agree:

and Dassualt could see more orders for the Rafale besides the 36, so I think France still got a solid deal.
Besides, France is putting forward modified Mistral for India's naval requirements....

I think our first squadron will be initial batch of Pak-fa followed by much improved fgfa at later stage.

We need a good airframe guys, we can develop technologies and make it a beast with powerful punch.

Get those airframes, mean while we can develop technologies with the help of French,Israel and others.

Back
Top Bottom