What's new

Russia tests upgraded MiG fighter jet for India

another identification mark of mig 35 is the MIG 35 written in russian below the cockpit seat on both sides

guys will u pls discuss about the Mig-29 SMt,stop discussing about the pic..
u guys are way way offffffffffffffffffffffftopic.......

BTW when will the upgradation will be completed?

The pic is either of Mig29 or Mig35. Its no way of Su30. Can anybody tell me when was this agreement signed ??/

2936.jpg

MiG: Still Fighting In India

The MiG-35 is widely seen as the fighter with the weakest chances to win the MMRCA competition. But MiG certainly is not ready to give up.

To help underline its ties to the Indian market, the company used the air show in Bengalaru to announce the first flight of the MiG-29UPG.The version is an upgrade developed for the Indian air force of the fighter. The goal is to standardize the MiG-29 versions India operates.

The aircraft (powered by two RD-33-3Ms) will feature the Zhuk-ME radar, helmet-mounted cuing system, improved navigation and communications package, and the K-36D-3.5 ejection seat, as well as other enhancements. Thales provides the IFF.

The flight, at the Gromov flight test center outside Moscow, lasted just under an hour, MiG says.

The upgrade work will be split betwen Russia and India. Plans call for 57 of the fighters to be modified in India, with the first four single-seaters and two dual-seaters modified in Russia. The work in India -- in collaboration between the Indians and Russians -- is to start this year.

MiG: Still Fighting In India

This is the only good resolution pic of the upgraded MiG 29 I could find. Just check this hump!

image.png

This SMTII upgrade will mean huge increase in fuel capacity and range. This bird is much more lethal now!

This is the only good resolution pic of the upgraded MiG 29 I could find. Just check this hump!

image.png

This SMTII upgrade will mean huge increase in fuel capacity and range. This bird is much more lethal now!

This is even a bit bigger:

http://www.aereo.jor.br/wp-content/uploads//2011/02/MiG-29UPG.jpg

Yes with more internal fuel and mid air refuelling, it will be more useful in the A2A role, but what would interest me are, details about RCS reductions.
Also what are the other changes on the pic? Bigger nose to house the new radar?
New sensors at the LERX and the right tail fin (integrated jammer?)?

P.S. Can any mod merge these threads please:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...mig-29-delivered-india-year-sukhoi-chief.html

MiG-29UPG detailes

The characteristics of Indian MiG-29 upgrade was confirmed by TsAMTO analytic center in Russia.
Engines RD-33 ser 3 with BARK-88 FADEC and KSU-941UB removed control system.
Radar Zhuk-ME
FLIR KOLS
Sh-3UM-1 Helmet Mounted Integrated Targeting system
Displays’ number - 4
K-36D-3.5 – ejecting chair
BTsVM-90/BTsVM-486-2 – onboard computer
BKTsO Digital signal processor
L-150NU – passive guiding missiles station
A new EW station (not elaborated)
SVR video recording system, KARAT-B whole recording system
BINS-SP navigation system with GPS
A-053 radio-altmeter
MS-2 voice warning system

The weapon: RVV-AE, R-73E, R-27R1/R-27T1, R-27ER1/R-27ET1, Kh-29T/L, Kh-31A/P, Kh-35, KAB-500KR/OD/L, unguided bombs 50-500 kg, S-24B, S-8 unguided rockets.
1500 and 1900 liters dropped fuel tanks
The contract for 63 Indian MiG-29 modernization was signed 2008, March 7 for $964 mil.
Some third part partners are involved in the contract, like Thales with NSM cryptographic system and CIT identification systems (the contract was signed in 2010, March).
Meanwhile, the Russian government committee of mil-tech cooperation vice-president Dzirkaln said Russia won 75% of Indian (finished) tenders during last 3 years.

The first fly of MiG-29UPG was occured February 4, 2011 in LII Gromov center, Moscow region.

Defunct Humanity: MiG-29UPG detailes

Back
Top Bottom