Russia tests upgraded MiG fighter jet for India

Some good pics

luft_mig29.jpg

mig-29k%20002.JPG

mig35w3ld1.jpg

mig-29smt_1024%20002.jpg

Russia tests upgraded MiG fighter jet for India

162455348.jpg

Russia's MiG corporation on Friday carried out the first test fight of a MiG-29 fighter modernized under a contract with the Indian Air Force (IAF).
"On February 4, 2010, a MiG-29UPG fighter carried out its first test flight. The flight lasted for an hour and was flawless," MiG said in a statement.
The IAF has awarded the MiG corporation a $900 million contract to upgrade all of its 69 operational MiG-29s.

These upgrades include a new avionics kit, with the N-109 radar being replaced by a Phazatron Zhuk-M radar. The aircraft is also being equipped to enhance beyond-visual-range combat ability and for air-to-air refueling to increase flying time.

In 2007, Russia also gave India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) a license to manufacture 120 RD-33 series 3 turbojet engines for the upgrade.

The first six aircraft are being upgraded in Russia while the remaining 63 will be refitted at the HAL facility in India.\

MOSCOW, February 4 (RIA Novosti)

Russia tests upgraded MiG fighter jet for India | Defense | RIA Novosti

We have 69 aircrafts, then why are we going to manufacture 120 engines?
Are we going for more mig-29s ?

BUt I'm not happy with the new radar's range, ELTA2032 is much better than this one, Cant we negotiate to Russians to include ELTA 2032 on it?

will this upgraded mig 29s of IAF can match the Navy's mig-29k which is superior to AF i think..

will this upgraded mig 29s of IAF can match the Navy's mig-29k which is superior to AF i think..

Yes these upgrades will enhance the capability of Mig-29 (IAF) but they will be still inferior to Mig-29K (IN) in most of the cases. RCS, range, payload and in many other criteria.

Back
Top Bottom