What's new

Russia set to take part in new Indian submarine tender

@S10-We did lease one Akula SSK from Russia but due to an unfortunate accident the delivery has been pushed back to Dec,2011!

^^^
Actually we have a habbit to pay more for defence products and over this we also like to do corruption....

Well if we look at the MMRCA, we are getting much more than the money being spent. Even air force will admit that instead of buying more Mirages that time , this MMRCa could provide them much better planes and also TOT which was nowhere when air force was willing for more mirages. Similarly anything can happen with this tender. 12bn is not a Small number. We have to wait to see the outcome.

Its not new. They were offering us when the news of Project 75I came into light. Italy is trying to sell S1000(Russia/Italy JV) while Russia is trying to sell Amur as they won't have to share the sale with Italians and they always sell their best to their Indian partners.

No it doesnot cost that much. Its cost is not sure as no single unit has been built yet but estimated cost if sold will around 400-450 million$ while U214 cost around 500-550 million$ per unit.
Indian government has sanctioned 11 billion$ for this project which involves setting up of a new manufacturing line, training and tech transfer. Also we won't be spending the whole amount. Government has made sure that their is no delay because of lack of funds in short government has alot more than enough funds. It is simialr to MMRCA, 9 billion $ + 2 billion extra but if we will select rafale we won't have to spend all the money.

I hope we opt for Russian or German firms and we should consider a direst purchase of 6 from the vendor so as to stop this depletion...

I have heard the same BS of setting new manufacturing line etc a the time of Scorpene as well. That was the reason given for delay as well as higher costs with respect to other submarines of same type at that time, they don't have even AIP!

BTW this high cost of submarine have been discussed earlier.

Akula_Class_Submarine_by_PANDORA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom