What's new

Russia set to take part in new Indian submarine tender

I too am frustrated because the same reasons you pointed.But I become more frustrated when people blame the navy for what they are not the guilty but the government bureaucracy is.My man,our navy is the most honest and sane among the 3 branches of armed forces.
Never the less,sorry for my words.
REGARDS....

It's ok buddy..... Guess, I have to get more knowledge about how all these RFI's and RFP's work......

$11 BN for 6 subs??!! $1.83 BN PER SUB??!! are they really worth that much?? One thing's for sure- India, these days, sure knows how to spend.

+ if this deal does go through MoD should impose strict rules on delivery timetable and should fine heavily if it goes over time or over budget.

Russia offering Amur 650 class for new submarine line?!!!! Are they mad? These submarines costs nearly twice than their Borei class SSBN. IN wants something futuristic.

$11 BN for 6 subs??!! $1.83 BN PER SUB??!! are they really worth that much?? One thing's for sure- India, these days, sure knows how to spend.

+ if this deal does go through MoD should impose strict rules on delivery timetable and should fine heavily if it goes over time or over budget.

Waste of money! Even latest US nuclear submarine Virginia costs nearly same and IN wants some small SSK.

amur class is futuristic, its probably the quietest sub out there, has aip, - and costs only about 200mill per unit...... I have no idea why the cost is so high though ( even with tech transfer).... Most probably the number is wrong and we will be getting around 12-18 subs eventually

Since the beginning of talk about this tender, many members here on pdf have objected the amount being spent. But i think whoever bags the deal, there would be alot stuff hidden. May be something much more than tot.

Since the beginning of talk about this tender, many members here on pdf have objected the amount being spent. But i think whoever bags the deal, there would be alot stuff hidden. May be something much more than tot.

Such as?? What could be more than TOT?

Russia offering Amur 650 class for new submarine line?!!!! Are they mad? These submarines costs nearly twice than their Borei class SSBN. IN wants something futuristic.
Its not new. They were offering us when the news of Project 75I came into light. Italy is trying to sell S1000(Russia/Italy JV) while Russia is trying to sell Amur as they won't have to share the sale with Italians and they always sell their best to their Indian partners.

Waste of money! Even latest US nuclear submarine Virginia costs nearly same and IN wants some small SSK.
No it doesnot cost that much. Its cost is not sure as no single unit has been built yet but estimated cost if sold will around 400-450 million$ while U214 cost around 500-550 million$ per unit.
Indian government has sanctioned 11 billion$ for this project which involves setting up of a new manufacturing line, training and tech transfer. Also we won't be spending the whole amount. Government has made sure that their is no delay because of lack of funds in short government has alot more than enough funds. It is simialr to MMRCA, 9 billion $ + 2 billion extra but if we will select rafale we won't have to spend all the money.

I hope we opt for Russian or German firms and we should consider a direst purchase of 6 from the vendor so as to stop this depletion...

The number itself. Maybe we are purchasing more subs and keeping the matter as a secret.

This is one of the possibility. And thats why i think AMUR will be selected...We will get the best techs. from Russia and France whuch will help us immensely help us in our own indigenous submarine .. Plan is to construct 12 of these..We will have manufacturing capability in place ..

The number itself. Maybe we are purchasing more subs and keeping the matter as a secret.

i think you are right. India it seems trying hard to not seek too much attention by declaring true number of subs supposed to be bought.

This is one of the possibility. And thats why i think AMUR will be selected...We will get the best techs. from Russia and France whuch will help us immensely help us in our own indigenous submarine .. Plan is to construct 12 of these..We will have manufacturing capability in place ..

Are you sure about the 12 indigenous ssk?Any source other than the wiki????:what:

Are you sure about the 12 indigenous ssk?Any source other than the wiki????:what:

This was mentioned in DRDO news letter last year..In fact patent was to be filed for AIP this year..Major development on AIP is finished..

i think you are right. India it seems trying hard to not seek too much attention by declaring true number of subs supposed to be bought.
No there is nothing like that. The number will be 6 but there might be some exception made and some extra subs might be purchased directly from the vendor because of the delay in Scorpene project but its not sure as IN has planned to upgrade their type 209 subs and may be fit them with fuel cells.

It was previously planned that their will be 2 submarine lines for SSKs each will produce 6 subs with the help of a foreign vendor and one is likely to be Russian. After production of these 12 subs, 12 indigenous SSK will be produced by these lines. In-short a total of 24 SSK were planned but nothing is going as per plans as their are huge delays...

Also keep in mind that no major Navy reveals the real number of Submarines it possesses..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom