What's new

Russia rejects extending Iran arms embargo, defies US pressure

if Russia or China stand by this until the end it will be a huge change for us but in other hand US is known to offer them big deals to get them on board some sanction relief for China and Russia will bring them more billions then Iran can ever give them

Well.. From the US Russia got CAATSA and China got the Huawei ban.. So there's good chance they will both keep rejecting the weapons embargo extension against Iran for no better reason than to simply upset the US..

if Russia or China stand by this until the end it will be a huge change for us but in other hand US is known to offer them big deals to get them on board some sanction relief for China and Russia will bring them more billions then Iran can ever give them
Agreed,time will tell just how serious the russians are on this score,however I think that this is without a doubt the best potential opportunity that iran has had to acquire the things that it wants,such as new military aircraft etc...,since at least the early post cold war world of the 90s.I think that especially with the degree of rupture in russian-western relations that it would take a lot more than some sanctions relief from the west to get russia to shoot itself in the foot yet again over iran.
Historically the biggest impediment to the huge mutual economic deals that both russia and iran dreamed of dating back to the late 80s and the end of the cold war world was one of timing.....or indeed the lack of it,so heres hoping that this time at least the timing on both sides is better,or better yet exactly spot on.[lol!]

Iran expect Russia and China to reject US pressure. Now, what China Russia have in it to reject US pressure? Is Iran a ally to Russia or China? Will Iran fight a war for Russia? I dont think so.

Iran expect Russia and China to reject US pressure. Now, what China Russia have in it to reject US pressure? Is Iran a ally to Russia or China? Will Iran fight a war for Russia? I dont think so.
What's in it..? To troll the Americans... or to use it as a bargaining chip... or to sell military stuff to Iran.. or for all the above reasons combined..

No need to look for a deeper meaning to it actually..

In a parallel universe Iran replaced its F-14 and F-4E/F fleets with Su-35S and Su-30SME, its MiG-29A/UB, F-5E/F, Chengdu F-7M, Mirage F-1BQ/EQ, Su-22M4/UM-3K squadrons with MiG-35 fighters and brought its Su-24MK bombers to Su-24MK2 standard:

24 Su-35S
60-84 Su-30SME
96-108 MiG-35
24 Su-24MK2

In a parallel universe Iran replaced its F-14 and F-4E/F fleets with Su-35S and Su-30SME, its MiG-29A/UB, F-5E/F, Chengdu F-7M, Mirage F-1BQ/EQ, Su-22M4/UM-3K squadrons with MiG-35 fighters and brought its Su-24MK bombers to Su-24MK2 standard:

24 Su-35S
60-84 Su-30SME
96-108 MiG-35
24 Su-24MK2

In a parallel universe Iran would develop its own aerospace industry and not import useless( against U.S 5th Gen fighters) Russian aircraft and keep its own money within her own borders!

24 Su-35S
60-84 Su-30SME
96-108 MiG-35
24 Su-24MK2

MIG-35 is garbage. Many client are dissatisfied with it and have switched to SU-30 and SU-35.

MIG is no longer the MIG of the past.

And SU-24 is obsolete garbage. If anything Iran should secure SU-27 license if it can’t secure SU-30

I think days where nations were friends have long done. Now it's all about money

Iran doesn’t even have that Much money to throw at an arms deal. It’s entire yearly military budget is 15-20 billion.

Iran might be able finance a 5-10 billion dollar arms deal, but it doesn’t have the hard currency of Baboon Arabia and other PG states.

So are China and Russia gonna risk the wrath of EU/US/Israel over a measly 5 billion dollars? I have my doubts

Certainly, in that case Russia will evaluate the opportunity cost in siding with Iran.
Russian projects and Russia are already sanctioned. The trick of relieving sanctions against Russia to extend sanctions againt Iran is very cheap tactic and admitting to it means that Russia and China accept US bullying.

In a parallel universe Iran would develop its own aerospace industry and not import useless( against U.S 5th Gen fighters) Russian aircraft and keep its own money within her own borders!
The one option of buying aircrafts doesnt reject the other option of creating own fighter jets. Iran should find a balance between buying and producing, before becoming fully self sufficient. We need to buy first to protect our national security which is partly in danger because of old airforce.

Back
Top Bottom