What's new

Russia Offers India Nuclear Aircraft Carrier

No ACC would be imported or made by a foreign design plan..

IAC1 in CSL and follow on is already planned.
IAC2 will also be in Indian shipyard only. $12 Bn is an over estimation by an massive count.

If you remember we commissioned Rs 30 Crs for prelim design feasibility.. I think Russian design will not be considered.

As far as what i have is this,

upload_2016-7-13_16-2-37.png

Its clear warships under point 2 will be made in India with Pvt sector.
Here is the acquisition plan as per reports what i have for estimation in different categories

upload_2016-7-13_16-0-59.png

As you see uptill FY22E warships estimation is around $14.6 Bn so its technically impossible for a ACC acquisition of $12 Bn (inclusive of its air wing if i add it up as well)

The pvt sector major companies identified for these categories is a long list but notable names are
upload_2016-7-13_16-5-12.png

Long term Indian Navy acquisition plan approximately researched are like this but its a bit older data (by a year or so) as compared to above snap.
upload_2016-7-13_16-7-14.png

The estimation will vary at time of actual awarding of contract but thats in the nutshell.

Sir what do you think would be the reason behind this offer if the article is credible?

IAC2 will also be in Indian shipyard only. $12 Bn is an over estimation by an massive count.

If you remember we commissioned Rs 30 Crs for prelim design feasibility.. I think Russian design will not be considered.

View attachment 317290

Here is the acquisition plan as per reports what i have for estimation in different categories

View attachment 317288

As you see uptill FY22E warships estimation is around $14.6 Bn so its technically impossible for a ACC acquisition of $12 Bn (inclusive of its air wing if i add it up as well)

The pvt sector major companies identified for these categories is a long list but notable names are
View attachment 317291

Long term Indian Navy acquisition plan approximately researched are like this but its a bit older data (by a year or so) as compared to above snap.
View attachment 317292
The estimation will vary at time of actual awarding of contract but thats in the nutshell.
Recently, there was a news that navy has given a contract to build four fleet support ships & two LPDs to HSL.
Can you tell something more about that contract?

Sir what do you think would be the reason behind this offer if the article is credible?
No sir pls ..

Most probably it's a counter offer to see if they can get us to buy a huge expensive ACC and keep American out of IAC2..
Secondly storm ACC may sport nasalised PAKFA something which IN is nt keen.. IN wants medium birds not heavy birds in ACCs..

From their perspective instead of $12 Bn they will say let's do it around $9-10Bn but still that is so expensive for us.

View attachment 317290

View attachment 317288

View attachment 317291

View attachment 317292
Sir,

What are the plans for MSRV. I could see a plan in the image about the LPD's. Is the winning design selected already

AFAIK Juan Carlos/Mistral were the front runners. Correct me if i'm wrong.

If we can go for 4 (as is the MSRV req) Juan Carlos or something close to the Canberra class what will be the obvious benefits?

I don't think we have operated this class of platforms before. They are close to Centaur Class ACC's displacements.

Juan Carlos from what I gather can carry STOVL aircraft as well. Would they used as a carrier of STOVL AC's as well or only as Heli docks & troop carriers.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom