What's new

Russia may join Pakistan-China economic corridor (CPEC) project

Again... as always..... you Indians love to crunch numbers....... crunch this, China is investing (or as you call it, loaning) 46 billion dollars to boot, more to come..... I'm sure they must've also looked at our pathetic FDI numbers as well....... however, guess what, they see the opportunity, where you see a failed state........... now what does this tell you, either you're blind or China is. I'll bet on the former.

Go away and combust with jealousy, at least that way you'll save your loved ones some money on your antim-sanskar!

I read somewhere that you are finance guy. 46 billion is an investment and returns depend on risk. Most project finance cash flow heavily depend on political risks. Ignoring India's concern is a huge political risk that Pakistan government or Chinese government cannot ignore.

A city can grow for sure but turning it into 'Hong Kong' is a dream

hk-city.jpg

This is Hong Kong

Gwadar_Port.jpg

Gwadar

In terms of GDP,Hong Kong will lag behind Shenzhen and become 5th ranked Chinese city in 2015。

The city's role as an economic powerhouse will be further eroded and fall through Top 10 in the next 5-10 years。

Bhawawawwawawawwa..... joke of the millennium......... little-turds-in-lungis flying oh-so-superior-MKI's-sailing-on-stealth-frigates threatening us...... bring it on!

@Oscar @Horus : They've just realized the gravity of their future...... you should be able to feel their condition now.........

OK...proceed...with CPEC

Well you should beta.... people who took away your precious GB and Kashmir were my direct great grand parents and associated tribes....... you wouldn't want to face them again! :D

Perhaps your great grand parents need glasses? or they did a poor job? as 2/3 of Kashmir is in India's hands.

I'm a finance guy with a very strong engineering background.......... well, you bet the Chinese have studied the ROI on their capital and we have assured them of our full cooperation on risk mitigation.........

Dude, you very well know our stance on India. India's concerns as far as we are concerned do not exist. It's immaterial to us if India as a whole does the 'rain dance' tomorrow or commits mass suicide....... you want to test our resolve, be our guest. Maybe you succeed where United States of America couldn't

Do you seriously, I MEAN SERIOUSLY think that you can make a dent in us? If you do, you do it at your own peril.

I read somewhere that you are finance guy. 46 billion is an investment and returns depend on risk. Most project finance cash flow heavily depend on political risks. Ignoring India's concern is a huge political risk that Pakistan government or Chinese government cannot ignore.

The route through Afghanistan would never materialise, the law in order situation would not permit it for who knows how long or how quick (Pakistan is no exception, but when we want something done, it happens).

Afghanistan route is not a bad idea. Things are improving in Afghanistan. I see Taliban and Afghan government coming to the table to form some understanding.

Well, I think you need to be educated on what actually happened......... as we got shafted by our own govt who told us to move back......... this time, we won't be that nice to listen to anyone! :D

Perhaps your great grand parents need glasses? or they did a poor job? as 2/3 of Kashmir is in India's hands.

The fact that indians jump on these threads so desperate to talk down CPEC is proof enough how jealous they are, all the poor vegies are left with is SAARC. Why hurt so much fella, you cant do nothing about it so just accept it, the work has already begun.

I'm a finance guy with a very strong engineering background.......... well, you bet the Chinese have studied the ROI on their capital and we have assured them of our full cooperation on risk mitigation.........

Dude, you very well know our stance on India. India's concerns as far as we are concerned do not exist. It's immaterial to us if India as a whole does the 'rain dance' tomorrow or commits mass suicide....... you want to test our resolve, be our guest. Maybe you succeed where United States of America couldn't

Do you seriously, I MEAN SERIOUSLY think that you can make a dent in us? If you do, you do it at your own peril.

That is your call to take regarding the route of CPEC. India may not make a dent in the way you are thinking. Agree it or not, India has considerable economic influence and it may use it against CPEC if it passes through GB. I am sure of that.

Well, I think you need to be educated on what actually happened......... as we got shafted by our own govt who told us to move back......... this time, we won't be that nice to listen to anyone! :D

Your govt seems to shaft you guys a fair bit? what happened in 71? did they shaft you also then?

Chinese whispers - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

There are many intelligent Pakistanis but it seems this think thank is not one of them

Numbers can be obscure and complicated, but sometimes they tell a tale of their own. So, with fair warning, chew on these figures a minute: $5.4 billion, $3.7bn, $2.1bn, $1.6bn, $820 million, $1.4bn, $1.6bn and $710m.
That’s the Foreign Direct Investment in Pakistan for each fiscal year from 2007-08 to the first nine months of 2014-15. Not very impressive, is it?

Peak FDI was $5.4bn in 2007-08, the year after the highest GDP growth rate of the Musharraf era of roughly 7pc.

They seem to get confused on what a MoU is and what FDI is

CPEC is great for Pakistan. It may be an opportunity for Pakistan to faster economic growths. But controversies around CPEC is not good for Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom