What's new

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oi See only trolling on this thread Some of the Pakistanis Dreaming Impossible Lets see when will you get these Heli's By passing Indian concerns Lets See, Don't get over huge expectations before Something Hardly Put in Reality Not in Papers or you will Fall Flat so does your Great:D Expectations:D:D:D:D

brother,
the terrain and height we intend to use them is same as Afghanistan where they have been extensively used and still being sued
time and again they and their transport cousins have been proven to be robust and heavy duty work horses of the military's that are using them.

they offer more fire support than cobras and carry same number of troops as Huey's so they double the job of 2 copters and some. but lets not get ahead of ourselves , India might see this proposed deal as the end of the world and arrange visits to Russia to have this deal cancelled. then it will be same American Huey's and cobras we will have to go for.

I dont know why you decided that they are slow and cant operate at higher altitudes.
they beat our cobras in every aspect, in speed, range, rate of climb and service ceiling. I will trust you to look up the data yourself.
the Hinds beat cobras by big margin. only your T-129 beat it slightly in rate of climb and ceiling... other than that the platform offers a large variety of roles in in one package.
When i look at the specs i see Viper , T-129 and Z-10 all three of them got at least 1000 m higher service ceiling than Mi-35 so i still believe Pakistan shouldn't go for this heli.

Respective service ceilings:

Viper 6,000+ m (20,000+ ft)
T-129 6,100 m (20,000 ft)
Z-10 6,400 m
Mi-35 4,900 m (16076 ft)

Last edited:
Sir Russians are saying they are trying to sell us Mi-35 that is an attack helicopter not transport Sir

They can say whatever they want, logic does not dictate this. PAA has conducted several rounds of testing for the T-129 but there is no evidence that PAA has conducted any feasibility studies on the MI25.

And you think that t-129 is cost effecyive? Being a new platform and incorporating latest tech, it is quite expensive.

You could definitely do with a light gunship though there are hardly any choices.

Currently PA has limited choices if it has to dismiss US made gunships.

Its not cost effective but its a reliable long term solution. Russian supplies are subject to sanctions while there is minimal chance of sanctions from the Turkish side. While the T-129 has been extensively tested by PAA, there is no evidence that PAA has tested the MI-25 yet.

Sir big portion of PA air fleet is russian so it would not hurt them to induct armed russian helis. Mi-25 is the best bet for PAK western front where next generation latest technology is not required but must have T-129 for eastern front.

Big portion of our transport fleet is Russian. There is a difference between combat and transport choppers. Acquisition from Russia will most likely require NOC from India. Russia will not jeopardize $40 billion worth of military contracts for $1 billion contract with Pakistan. Thus, i will take this news with a pinch of salt. The Turks have added two choppers for free to sweeten the deal.

Big portion of our transport fleet is Russian. There is a difference between combat and transport choppers. Acquisition from Russia will most likely require NOC from India. Russia will not jeopardize $40 billion worth of military contracts for $1 billion contract with Pakistan. Thus, i will take this news with a pinch of salt. The Turks have added two choppers for free to sweeten the deal.

It does not take aliens to adopt Russian technology. PA has been operating russian equipments since its birth and will continue to do so be it engines aircrafts tanks or small arms. Some Arab states like Egypt Jordan etc operate both western and Russian helicopters and fighter jets and so can Pakistan. India has already p1ssed Russia off by purchasing western weaponry worth billions of dollars and and now Russia is going to threaten India by selling weapons to Pakistan if India does not stop going to western market. I

Get out of diapers first, and then we discuss strategy. Chotay.
PA does not discuss strategies from liberal & terrorist like yourself instead they feast on the two.
For more read PAK Army Motto and shut your mouth.

To many indian members, I think its china which has a big role in these changes. India is diversifying sources .Russia has central asia to look for. If tomorrow Afghanistan is taken over by Taliban again,Russia does not want taliban entering into central asia and CSTO controlled regions like Ferghana valley.

Like it or not . Russia will first see central asia first ,then india's interests. Already too much heroin has entered russia under NATO covert support. When Taliban was in power it banned opium. So likely Russians are expecting the same as they want heroin production to be stopped.

So who has controlled taliban well .Pakistan and to a lesser extent ,USA.Russia is having covert CIA coups on its borders and it wants Central Asia to be secure.

It does not take aliens to adopt Russian technology. PA has been operating russian equipments since its birth and will continue to do so be it engines aircrafts tanks or small arms. Some Arab states like Egypt Jordan etc operate both western and Russian helicopters and fighter jets and so can Pakistan. India has already p1ssed Russia off by purchasing western weaponry worth billions of dollars and and now Russia is going to threaten India by selling weapons to Pakistan if India does not stop going to western market. I

PA does not discuss strategies from liberal & terrorist like yourself instead they feast on the two.

Russia does not want troubles in Central Asia with taliban or CIA. Plus its likely that Russia will give ultimatum to Karzai soon to control opium production. If he refuses, likely a lot of russian weaponry will pour into pakistani forces for 'stabilization' /armed intervention .

Look at what happened in Ukraine . Russia does not want a repeat of that in central asia by CIA.

Last edited:
They can say whatever they want, logic does not dictate this. PAA has conducted several rounds of testing for the T-129 but there is no evidence that PAA has conducted any feasibility studies on the MI25.

Its not cost effective but its a reliable long term solution. Russian supplies are subject to sanctions while there is minimal chance of sanctions from the Turkish side. While the T-129 has been extensively tested by PAA, there is no evidence that PAA has tested the MI-25 yet.

Sir they would have done it and it would be more feasible because we already have structure for Russian Helicopters Sir so not much worry here for T-129 we would have to establish whole new set up or it can be we would go for T-129 with TOT but now we are going for few MI-25 or MI-35

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan
World June 02, 12:44 UTC+4 MOSCOW
Material has 1 page

Pakistan hopes for Russia’s support in overcoming energy crisis — minister

MOSCOW, June 02. /ITAR-TASS/. Russia has lifted an embargo from supplies of weapons and military hardware to Pakistan and is negotiating the delivery of several helicopter gunships Mil Mi-25 to the country, head of Russian state-run technologies corporation Rostec Sergey Chemezov said on Monday.

“Such a decision has been taken and we are negotiating the delivery of helicopters,” he said, specifying that the subject of negotiations were Russian Mi-35 Hind attack helicopters.

A military diplomatic source earlier reported about Russia’s decision to lift an arms supply embargo on Pakistan. The source also said that Pakistan was interested in buying Russian Mi-26 Halo heavy transport helicopters.

Bachay jamooray....... pehlay lolly pop khao...... phir goli! :D

mi-35-hind.jpg

Mi-35 Hind.

all Russia is doing is pawning off old technology to PK.

Exactly........... in the absence of options, everyone takes advantage......... it's simple business on their part............. if you want fair treatment, it has to be done from a position of power and respect, unfortunately we don't command either.............. it's business, nothing more.

what options do we have?

havoc1.jpg

Mi-28 Havoc

i'd rather we opt for this night capable beast

Exactly........... in the absence of options, everyone takes advantage......... it's simple business on their part............. if you want fair treatment, it has to be done from a position of power and respect, unfortunately we don't command either.............. it's business, nothing more.

true - however it always comes down to finances and that is where we push ourselves into a corner of no options.

Back
Top Bottom