What's new

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan

Whatever happened to the helicopter deal with Turkey?

MIL Mi-35 / 24D

Price - Current Price $ 36 million * (Financial Year 2014)
Welcome to Aircraft Compare
Iraq is buying 30 Russian MI-28 attack helicopters, worth $2 billion, along with 42 Pantsir short-to-medium-range surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery weapon systems, worth $2.3 billion.

DATA_AH-64_vs_Mi-28N.gif

That's why i said Russia needs your money, but you need the equipment which you can't source from anywhere. While they will have financial difficulties, you will have massive operational difficulties. So you lose out more.

About India in Afghanistan, that's a separate topic. India cannot have influence over there since Pakistan is already there. This fake resources propaganda is just there so India can stir up trouble in Pakistan's border areas. Considering the aggressive posture by Pakistan in recent days, Afghans will have to make up their mind. India vs Pakistan in Afghanistan is just going to cause more instability, nothing else.

Russia needs a strategic partner in all be it military, energy or political and they have that in India. It is not just a matter of money that is a rather immature way to look at it. India has big influence in Afghanistan if we did not why did we win a $2bn mining contract? Russia and India are working now on joint projects and have moved away from a buyer/seller relationship this takes trust and our ties are historic in nature they will always support us and vice versa.

The blog is written by an Indian sitting in New Delhi :disagree:

Any links to that forum?

Yes but he works for RT which is a Russian news channel and very well recognised this guy knows a fair bit about things he would not get in such a position otherwise.

Russia should have removed the sanction a long before
but never late Pakistan can buy good weapons from Russia

Pakistan should go for s-400 latest version with anti-stealth capability that would surly help and large deal can give TOT now its the game of money now

Interesting i always believed Pakistan would go for Vipers with U.S. aid and on the top of it going for Mi-25? Really?!? I see many members here defended Mi-25 and Mi-35 choice with having more armor idea well thats true but what many of you forgetting is because of their weight those helicopters are slow and more importantly can not climb high altitudes(in short they are underpowered).Since Pakistan using its gunships in mountainus areas where its requires helis to push their altitude limits choosing a heavy and underpowered platform like Mi-25/35 is stupid thats why i don't believe Pakistan will go for this heli.

Last edited:
This might (IF it goes through) be a procurement of mi-35 for the long desired air assault force for SOTF.

Interesting i always believed Pakistan would go for Vipers with U.S. aid and on the top of it going for Mi-25? Really?!? I see many members here defended Mi-25 and Mi-35 choice with having more armor idea well thats true but what many of you forgetting is because of their weight those helicopter are slow and more importantly can not climb high altitudes(in short they are underpowered).Since Pakistan using its gunships in mountainus areas where its requires helis to push their altitude limits choosing a heavy and underpowered platform like Mi-25/35 is stupid thats why i don't believe Pakistan will go for this heli.
As long as they can push upto the heights we need they are fine in that area. Most important thing is we need a Gunship that can also transport troops for counter insurgency. That limits our options. MilMi17 is too valunerable against direct AA Fire. So either Blackhawk from US or Milmi35. AH1 Cobra is shit. No troops transfer and way too low fire power.

The actual tug of war is between US and Russia-that 's it!
Let me recall you of earlier scenario,when Russians invaded Afghanistan and US supplied weapons to Pakistan against Russians and Taliban's were projected as heroes-as jihadist!
Now the case has reciprocated. Our regime can take benefit of this situation and play same cards as we did earlier.
Benefit: We can pressurize not only Americans at the same time,but we can also built pressure in this region...and Russians will get their revenge. Even Russians know that US had earlier attempted to use Pakistan as a pawn against Russia.The actual master mind was someone else.
regards

Last edited:
As long as they can push upto the heights we need they are fine in that area. Most important thing is we need a Gunship that can also transport troops for counter insurgency. That limits our options. MilMi17 is too valunerable against direct AA Fire. So either Blackhawk from US or Milmi35. AH1 Cobra is shit. No troops transfer and way too low fire power.

Are you sure thats what Pakistan Army wants? Or is it your personal opinion?

Last edited:
Right there. that's the extra compartment for the 3rd person aboard the mi-28.

10256648_896383927055507_466515077024395473_o.jpg

S-400 and a Kirov Class Battlecruiser....please

S-400
Russia needs a strategic partner in all be it military, energy or political and they have that in India. It is not just a matter of money that is a rather immature way to look at it. India has big influence in Afghanistan if we did not why did we win a $2bn mining contract? Russia and India are working now on joint projects and have moved away from a buyer/seller relationship this takes trust and our ties are historic in nature they will always support us and vice versa.

Yes but he works for RT which is a Russian news channel and very well recognised this guy knows a fair bit about things he would not get in such a position otherwise.

YEAH YEAH its You and Russians who are going to takeover on Afghanistan now lol, stop day dreaming :D

Since Pakistan using its gunships in mountainus areas where its requires helis to push their altitude limits choosing a heavy and underpowered platform like Mi-25/35 is stupid thats why i don't believe Pakistan will go for this heli.
brother,
the terrain and height we intend to use them is same as Afghanistan where they have been extensively used and still being sued
time and again they and their transport cousins have been proven to be robust and heavy duty work horses of the military's that are using them.

they offer more fire support than cobras and carry same number of troops as Huey's so they double the job of 2 copters and some. but lets not get ahead of ourselves , India might see this proposed deal as the end of the world and arrange visits to Russia to have this deal cancelled. then it will be same American Huey's and cobras we will have to go for.

I dont know why you decided that they are slow and cant operate at higher altitudes.
they beat our cobras in every aspect, in speed, range, rate of climb and service ceiling. I will trust you to look up the data yourself.
the Hinds beat cobras by big margin. only your T-129 beat it slightly in rate of climb and ceiling... other than that the platform offers a large variety of roles in in one package.

Back
Top Bottom