What's new

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan

The news is about lifting of embargo and Pakistan discussing for purchase of military equipment in which helicopters are included, so where I m wrong here??
every where

we have a defence minister who is named applicant in the supreme court against Pakistan military and its security agencies regarding missing persons case. we have a defence minster who is having bloodied bowels and constipation over the military expenditures and you are talking about SAMs, TOT and Russian top of the line gunships like havoc and tiger shark? good going but your proposals might cause a mental breakdown in the Nawaz league that is already trying to recover its losses after Geo went more than the "agreement" in maligning the Pakistan military.

every where
we have a defence minister who is named applicant in the supreme court against Pakistan military and its security agencies regarding missing persons case. we have a defence minster who is having bloodied bowels and constipation over the military expenditures and you are talking about SAMs, TOT and Russian top of the line gunships like havoc and tiger shark? good going but your proposals might cause a mental breakdown in the Nawaz league that is already trying to recover its losses after Geo went more than the "agreement" in maligning the Pakistan military.

The current news is work of years of diplomacy and military have done it well, Pakistan had already told Russians what they are interested in so we may see some good news in future if the ice has started melting.

The current news is work of years of diplomacy and military have done it well, Pakistan had already told Russians what they are interested in so we may see some good news in future if the ice has started melting.
but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
one of the reasons we are not risking J-10s is the Russian reluctance due to their Russian engines. then there is Afghan war and the Indian factor. lets walk first before doing the sprint.

I wont be surprised if even this modest deal gets delayed and faces hurdles .. TOT? SAMs? No way, No chance never going to happen

but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
one of the reasons we are not risking J-10s is the Russian reluctance due to their Russian engines. then there is Afghan war and the Indian factor. lets walk first before doing the sprint.
I wont be surprised if even this modest deal gets delayed and faces hurdles .. TOT? SAMs? No way, No chance never going to happen

If Russia is really interested in selling us military equipment then they may offer us medium range SAM and stuff which they can say to India that are not a major threat or offensive to them.

It is not necessary that Pakistan may go for whole systems, we can go for equipment which can help our system getting better, Russian can help us in Tank/APC/IFV building tech, JF-17 engine maintenance / complete overhaul tech transfer, helicopters gunship / transport etc.

S-350E Vityaz (50R6) Surface-to-Air Defence Missile System - Army Technology

Last edited:
If Russia is really interested in selling us military equipment then they may offer us medium range SAM and stuff which they can say to India that are not a major threat or offensive to them.

S-350E Vityaz (50R6) Surface-to-Air Defence Missile System - Army Technology
like I said earlier, lets walk first before pacing.

the Hinds can be touted as something to help us against the insurgency and India can be advised to take it easy.
but SAMs are never going to happen. because taliban dont have an airforce. lets be realistic here. Russians would never give us their top of the line modern SAM systems and we can get much better offer from the Chinese. Russia will never ever antagonize India for the sake of modest military deal.

the Hinds can be touted as something to help us against the insurgency and India can be advised to take it easy.
but SAMs are never going to happen. because taliban dont have an airforce. lets be realistic here. Russians would never give us their top of the line modern SAM systems and we can get much better offer from the Chinese. Russia will never ever antagonize India for the sake of modest military deal.

but they can help us built our systems with out coming in the light and we may say its totally indigenous MR-SAM, same can be done where they are better then China.

What kind of MR-SAM Pak has as of now?

Pakistan has been working on MR-SAM for some time but not officially announced, Russia may be able to help us build advance MR-SAM having range of 50 to 75 kms.

Spada MR
long range Q9

air defense inventory and procurement are mostly shrouded in mystery so most of the information is outdated or inaccurate

but they can help us built our systems with out coming in the light and we may say its totally indigenous MR-SAM, same can be done where they are better then China.
what are you offering that they dont have already?

what are you offering that they dont have already?

There has been news in media that Pakistan is developing medium range SAM but it is not officially disclosed, even on many forums it has been discussed that ANZA-III may be our future MR-SAM.

SPADA is not a true MR-SAM of today's standards, ESSM is a standard MR-SAM and it has range of 50 km.

There has been news in media that Pakistan is developing medium range SAM but it is not officially disclosed, even on many forums it has been discussed that ANZA-III may be our future MR-SAM.
ANZA is a shoulder fired missile ..but if its later versions are taking a category leap then maybe call it another name to avoid confusion. like I said earlier our Air defence is kept in a mystery which Indians keep probing through planned air violations.

ANZA is a shoulder fired missile ..but if its later versions are taking a category leap then maybe call it another name to avoid confusion. like I said earlier our Air defence is kept in a mystery which Indians keep probing through planned air violations.

I think our military want to keep ambiguity about true capability of ground based air defense.

Its just a start-up. By doing good diplomacy we can better our relationship with Russia further.
I mean what is the point in discussing latest weapons system, when our decades old cold relationship are just warming up a little.
Hinds are good for COIN ops. We need them badly in N-Waziristan ops. They are flying tanks, can carry huge loads of deadly fire power. Can drop soldiers too, which Cobra's cant. Pakistan has good experience of MI-17s, so why not go for their gunship version?

In my view, choosing Hinds at this point is because:
1. They are cheap
2. We will get them within weeks of signing agreement, so can be deployed in North Waziristan immediately.

And what if Pakistan is planning to raise separate Gunship helis squad for PAF and PAA?
What if high end Attack helos like purposed WZ or T-129 may be for Eastern threats operated solely by PAF, while low end Helis like these Hinds operated by PAA for COIN operations and manning our western front?

Oh such power you have! When did you become a god?

Lol as if Russian would take any dictations from India ? You joking right ? Sooner or later it was destined to happen, Russia will have close ties with Pakistan due to our geographical position, our influence on Afghanistan and very close relationships with M.E so there is not much India can do now :D Yeah except whining :D

Yawn.....get back to me when an attack helicopter is offered......... Geography is a poor substitute for money, the Russians have all the geography they could ever want, their need is for money & Pakistan is simply no match to India on that count.

Back
Top Bottom