What's new

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan

Was about time....sale of mi35s wont ruffle any feathers in india.
Mi28N..not sure :)

The Atak will be the default attack helicopter of the Pakistani Army.

The MI-35 or Mi-28 will be used to shore up numbers and involved in CAS against insurgents on the border.
My friend Russian Gunships pack serious punch and you cannot speak about them as "Number Filling" Option. Kamov KA-52 Alligator and Mil Mi-28 Havoc are amoung the best Gunships of the world. And Mil Mi-35 Hind have advantage of troops carrying along with Firepower for special ops. I would definitely prefer Kamov K-52 or atleast Mil Mi 28 Havoc over unProven T-129 or Z10 of Russians offer it to us.

My friend Russian Gunships pack serious punch and you cannot speak about them as "Number Filling" Option. Kamov KA-52 Alligator and Mil Mi-28 Havoc are amoung the best Gunships of the world. And Mil Mi-35 Hind have advantage of troops carrying along with Firepower for special ops. I would definitely prefer Kamov K-52 or atleast Mil Mi 28 Havoc over unProven T-129 or Z10 of Russians offer it to us.

The MI-24 has been proven. The above models have seen limited engagements and seeing the damage that Pro-Russian insurgents are doing to their "parent" model, I have my reservations.

The T-129 is not "unproven" bro. It has seen action in Afghanistan (A-129) plenty and not been shot down.....

The T-129 is superior to any Russian machine and nearly on par with the Apache.

why Ka-52 is considered better than Mi-28?

The MI-24 has been proven. The above models have seen limited engagements and seeing the damage that Pro-Russian insurgents are doing to their "parent" model, I have my reservations.

The T-129 is not "unproven" bro. It has seen action in Afghanistan (A-129) plenty and not been shot down.....

The T-129 is superior to any Russian machine and nearly on par with the Apache.
Jani cheez to achi ha T129 parantoo engine ki sanction ha...bagar engine ka helicopter kesa laga gaa ?. Ameriki sarkar na third party agreement abhe sign nahi kia...

Mi-28 NE is a sturdy piece of machine.It's heavily armored against any ground fire arm threats.So, it can fulfill our needs very well in the new western theater.

While on the eastern side,if hostilities break in, it can act as reinforcement helicopter to any of the primary attack helicopter that is meant specifically to provide our aggressive counter punch.
( ATAK T-129 can be a suitable candidate for that..)
Considering the cobras we have got now ,Mi-28 NE will provides with a better replacement and an upgrade.It's a good choice.

Below are the videos related to it's Armour testing and it's safety profile features.

Armour testing on an old variant.

Mi-28 N & NE profile \/\/\/

About the flying tank i'll like to share the following experience of Russians crew members of Mi-24 that they had in Afghanistan.
Combat experience quickly demonstrated the disadvantages of having a Mi-24 carrying troops. Gunship crews found the soldiers a concern and a distraction while being shot at, and preferred to fly lightly loaded anyway, especially given their operations from high ground altitudes in Afghanistan. Mi-24 troop compartment armour was often removed to reduce weight. Troops would be carried in Mi-8 helicopters while the Mi-24s provided fire support.
So, it certainly is not that attractive a choice IMO.Considering that few of the problems with the dual-role Hind have prompted the development of the Mi-28 and Kamov Ka-50 to replace its role as a gunship.

Last edited:
18242910.jpg

I think if you want fire power MI-28N is the best choice along with MI-17 for carrying troops
img24810.jpg

Note the weapon management screen to the far left shows three wing pylons under each wing plus the cannon as a circle with a link to show ammo load.

Was about time....sale of mi35s wont ruffle any feathers in india.
Mi28N..not sure :)
After negotiating Apache , Indian should worry about Mi28N , because MI28N is not mature product. Apache is now field tested and showed good performance .

After negotiating Apache , Indian should worry about Mi28N , because MI28N is not mature product. Apache is now field tested and showed good performance

Mi28n is to be the mainstay of the ruskies in the coming years, so they might mature the birdie to achieve atleast 75-80% kill efficiency vis a vis the apache when it comes to hunting tanks.And this might be worrisome for the IA as we still plan to maintain a good number of t72s in the coming years.

We know, Russia doesn't have great records of spares parts and sudden cost fees. Not very reliable for long-term supplies.

^^^ thats true but Russia's helo can give you the punching power which you can't get from T-129/WZ-10 and it is unlikely US will sell or you can afford Apache

It seems China is the guarantor of this deal. And Chinese know well how to cut deal with Russian .
But anyway this deal is now endorse by Russian state news agency.

MOSCOW, June 04. /ITAR-TASS/. Russia is negotiating MI-35 helicopter supplies to Pakistan, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

Russia and Pakistan cooperate in resisting new challenges and threats as active participants in the international anti-terrorist coalition, the Foreign Ministry said. Contrary to some media reports, Russia had never introduced embargo on weapon supplies to Pakistan, it added.

Helicopter supplies are part of the Russian assistance in strengthening Islamabad’s anti-terrorist and anti-drug potential. Similar equipment was supplied earlier, as military cooperation with Pakistan started back in the 1960s.

Russia-Pakistan contacts in this field posed no threat to the existing strategic military balance in the region and were not aimed against the third countries, the Foreign Ministry said.

It seems China is the guarantor of this deal. And Chinese know well how to cut deal with Russian .
But anyway this deal is now endorse by Russian state news agency.
Seem like china's efforts to bring Pakistan and Russia closer are proving to be effective :tup:

Back
Top Bottom