What's new

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan

^^^ thats true but Russia's helo can give you the punching power which you can't get from T-129/WZ-10 and it is unlikely US will sell or you can afford Apache

I can guarantee that Russia will NOT provide strong helicopters like Mi-28N or others to Pakistan, Russia made it clear in recent statements.

I don't want to see another Mi-35 junks to Pakistan, we need to find best quality and more reliable machines than Russia.

I can guarantee that Russia will NOT provide strong helicopters like Mi-28N or others to Pakistan, Russia made it clear in recent statements.

I don't want to see another Mi-35 junks to Pakistan, we need to find best quality and more reliable machines than Russia.

Mi-35 is useless helicopter, I think. Pakistan needs a better more sophisticated helicopter.

the "Shaitan-Arba (Satan's Chariot)". In one case, a Hind pilot managed to rescue a company of infantry even when he was out of ammunition simply by maneuvering aggressively at the Mujahedin and scaring them off. Ground troops really liked the Crocodile, since it could stay on the battlefield and provide fire as needed, while "fast mover" strike jets could only stay for a short time before they would have to hea
Mi 35 looks so ugly ... i think we should look for heavy lift options and negotiate with Turkey/China for attack choppers...
by looks you can compromise money sad !

US Copters Either
a) too Exoensive or
b) not for sale to Pakistan.
But what about chinese ?

We need Mi-26! Nothing else. This beast will tremendously increase our airlift capabilities if procured. Its bigger than a chinook, and is like a C-130 in helicopter form, having the same capacity.

mil-mi-26-halo-southern-front-05.JPG

1143449154.jpg

246413_mi-26_-lopasti_-vertolyot_1600x997_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg

Last edited:
Jani cheez to achi ha T129 parantoo engine ki sanction ha...bagar engine ka helicopter kesa laga gaa ?. Ameriki sarkar na third party agreement abhe sign nahi kia...
Yara baat tumhari bhee theek hay but we seeing more inductions of F-16s recently. Considering their trust in US F-16 inductions maybe they have this T129 engine thing sorted out. :undecided:

View attachment 33838
Mi-35 Hind.

all Russia is doing is pawning off old technology to PK.

the question is do you need helis for counter terror or CAS (Anti tank) or both? If it is just for Counter terror, it can work as an inexpensive measure.
Bang for the buck seems to be reasonable for dual measure, for offensive CAS, a newer platform might be better, especially with chinese tot.

the question is do you need helis for counter terror or CAS (Anti tank) or both? If it is just for Counter terror, it can work as an inexpensive measure.
Bang for the buck seems to be reasonable for dual measure, for offensive CAS, a newer platform might be better, especially with chinese tot.
I agree. For this reason i think the russian helis are intended for counter terror only. One wouldn't want to waste expensive modern helicopters on this. For conventional warfare, something similar to cobras would be sought i.e the chinese and turkish options.

Utility helicopters are used in attack roles too, even UK used some of its utility helicopter in that role against advancing armor which mean that this Mi-35 (if properly equipped as per 21st century warfare requirements) can fill secondary or defensive anti armor role with drooping troops.

These military utility helicopters are also used in attack role, specially Bell UH-1 was responsible for armed troops deployment same what Pakistan need in tribal areas.

Westland Lynx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bell UH-1 Iroquois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

upgraded mi-35 is the best option for Pakistan for its western front operation. For high end, PA needs T129.

More or less just talk and no contract signed
We had a embargoe on all these year ? Did notice that ? when , where ..why ?

But thank god its gone , so where are the contracts

why not Mi-28??? :undecided::undecided:
lets not get greedy.. take what is on the table

Mi-35 is offering transport and firepower in one package. Mi-28 is dedicated gunship. we got cobras for that and they are doing fine.

Mi-28 carries more strings and diplomatic restrictions than Mi-35 and we can already see Indians going bonkers over Mi-35 ..they will have much more incentive to have the deal cancelled and sabotaged so lets not go there, lets learn to walk with the Russians before starting sprinting.

lets not get greedy.. take what is on the table

Mi-35 is offering transport and firepower in one package. Mi-28 is dedicated gunship. we got cobras for that and they are doing fine.

Mi-28 carries more strings and diplomatic restrictions than Mi-35 and we can already see Indians going bonkers over Mi-35 ..they will have much more incentive to have the deal cancelled and sabotaged so lets not go there, lets learn to walk with the Russians before starting sprinting.

:tup::tup:

Back
Top Bottom