What's new

Russia keen to sell new fighter jet MiG-35 to IAF: Official

what happened to make in india and the super duper tejas?

I was thinking of the same thing. But again, even Indians can get so delusional for do long. After the parade is over with Texas fighter, it's time to be serious. So they are now trying to get f-16 or Geipen and relegate the Texas fighter to none combat duties.:rofl:

I was thinking of the same thing. But again, even Indians can get so delusional for do long. After the parade is over with Texas fighter, it's time to be serious. So they are now trying to get f-16 or Geipen and relegate the Texas fighter to none combat duties.:rofl:
its somewhere in a parking lot on the back of a truck lol

We should ask for Bulava Missiles -- SLBM s with this Mig 35
as a precondition

I would buy Mig 35 IF we get other goodies

Russis can never be in any alliance against India

And Turkey has too much on its plate

So why will they waste their resources against India

Earlier S-400 was linked to FGFA but now Russia is offering FGFA and MIG-35 as packaged deal to share ToT for AMCA project.

In my opinion India will choose F-18s for MRCBF tender, if navy is interested to carry on MiG's legacy then we could buy them offshelf. For Rafale I don't think France would provide significant ToT.

Earlier S-400 was linked to FGFA but now Russia is offering FGFA and MIG-35 as packaged deal to share ToT for AMCA project.

Last edited:
FGFA & AMCA is linked but not MiG-35, Russia said earlier they rather work on single project either FGFA or AMCA no talks on MiGs whatsoever.

FGFA & AMCA is linked but not MiG-35, Russia said earlier they rather work on single project either FGFA or AMCA no talks on MiGs whatsoever.

Initially S-400 & FGFA was tied. India wanted to delink them. Russia delinked S-400 and linked MIG-35 for India to get ToT on AMCA. As things stand today if India does not choose MIG-35s then there would not be any ToT for AMCA.

Initially S-400 & FGFA was tied. India wanted to delink them. Russia delinked S-400 and linked MIG-35 for India to get ToT on AMCA. As things stand today if India does not choose MIG-35s then there would not be any ToT for AMCA.
Its maybe media hoax or something, S-400 deal cleared in 2015 while for FGFA negotiation started in feb last year so no link whatsoever. I don't find your logic reasonable, India-Russia relationship is major factor for possible AMCA-FGFA deal and India's will to milk tech. out of it.

Its maybe media hoax or something, S-400 deal cleared in 2015 while for FGFA negotiation started in feb last year so no link whatsoever. I don't find your logic reasonable, India-Russia relationship is major factor for possible AMCA-FGFA deal and India's will to milk tech. out of it.

Preliminary design for FGFA was completed in January 2015

S-400s deal was in principle agreed in October 2016. The terms and schedule have not been agreed yet.

In May 2017, It was confirmed that the ground work has been completed to finalise the pact for moving forward with the detailed design of the fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA)

Neither the S-400 deal nor the deal for the detailed design of the FGFA have been completed yet even though both have been ready for signing. What is the reason for delay? Russia has now linked MIG-35s for India to obtain the ToT for AMCA.

Preliminary design for FGFA was completed in January 2015

S-400s deal was in principle agreed in October 2016. The terms and schedule have not been agreed yet.

In May 2017, It was confirmed that the ground work has been completed to finalise the pact for moving forward with the detailed design of the fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA)

Neither the S-400 deal nor the deal for the detailed design of the FGFA have been completed yet even though both have been ready for signing. What is the reason for delay? Russia has now linked MIG-35s for India to obtain the ToT for AMCA.

I won't say delayed its been just two years for both S-400 & FGFA and both could be signed this year atleast S-400 will. If that was the case for MiGs then I don't understand the point of having MRCBF tender & wasting our precious time.

AMCA,what's the present status of this.

On paper. The project will take off after FGFA deal moves ahead.

I won't say delayed its been just two years for both S-400 & FGFA and both could be signed this year atleast S-400 will. If that was the case for MiGs then I don't understand the point of having MRCBF tender & wasting our precious time.

MIG-35s are being pitched for IAF. So no impact on MRCBF where RAFALEs and F-18 would be competing. The twin engine fighter, was supposed follow the single engine fighter deal (F-16 Block 70 vs Gripen E), where RAFALEs, F-18s and MIG-35s are expected to compete with RAFALE being the front runner assuming the Safran offset towards Kaveri turns successful. Russia wants assurance on MIG-35s as they know it would have tough time competing with RAFALEs. Hence the linking of MIG-35s to the FGFA & AMCA ToT deals.

On paper. The project will take off after FGFA deal moves ahead.

MIG-35s are being pitched for IAF. So no impact on MRCBF where RAFALEs and F-18 would be competing. The twin engine fighter, was supposed follow the single engine fighter deal (F-16 Block 70 vs Gripen E), where RAFALEs, F-18s and MIG-35s are expected to compete with RAFALE being the front runner assuming the Safran offset towards Kaveri turns successful. Russia wants assurance on MIG-35s as they know it would have tough time competing with RAFALEs. Hence the linking of MIG-35s to the FGFA & AMCA ToT deals.
So China already had gen5 fighter, actually two. We yet to have single plane,even not in devolopment stage.

It's still better than f16 I think,in my opinion we should stick to rafale,if not mig35.

MIG-35s are competing against RAFALEs for the twin Engine contract. They are not competing with F-16s which are in the Single Engine category competing against the Gripen Es.

So China already had gen5 fighter, actually two. We yet to have single plane,even not in devolopment stage.

Correct. India is expected to get its first 5th gen fighter FGFA in 2024 or later. China would have at least 5 or more years of lead.

MIG-35s are competing against RAFALEs for the twin Engine contract. They are not competing with F-16s which are in the Single Engine category competing against the Gripen Es.

Correct. India is expected to get its first 5th gen fighter FGFA in 2024 or later. China would have at least 5 or more years of lead.
Fgfa deal also yet get signed,I m hearing the news of "fgfa deal about to conclude" since my collage days

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom