What's new

Russia hails Pakistan’s SCO bid

I like SCO; SCO maintains a power balance in global affairs.

Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is an intergovernmental mutual-security organisation.

But for Pakistan this is not a good time to join any power bloc.

First Pakistan need to fix some of it’s economic problems and also other internal problems, I think only after that they should consider this issue.

What will be the impact if Pakistan joins SCO now?

Directly or indirectly it will impact Turkey Pakistan ties, Turkey being a NATO member it will force them to reduce some corporation with Pakistan.

Also Pakistan operates American military products, do you think US will be happy about Pakistan joining another power bloc?

Pakistan needs to get European Union Trade concessions, to increase its exports; also currently Pakistan inviting investors from European Union (for more info see the Pakistani pm’s visit to France) do you think EU will be happy about Pakistan joining another power bloc?

Pakistan needs strong economic ties with Japan & South Korea, also currently Japan & South Korea provides financial assistance to Pakistan, we all know Japan & South Korea maintains strategic relations with US, do you think Japan & South Korea will be happy about Pakistan joining another power bloc?

Now Let’s think about Pakistan GCC relations, all GCC members maintains strong ties with US & EU, all GCC members operates American military products and also European military products. What will be the reaction from GCC if Pakistan joins another power bloc?

I hope Islamabad won’t join any power bloc for now, Now Islamabad needs to safe guard its economic interest’s first then any other issue, let’s fix the economy first friends…

You speak wisely, but the point is that none of the above that you have mentioned (trade, coopeation with EU etc.) will happen unless Pakistan makes a firm commitment to move away from the Good Tully Bad Tully narrative. And if Pakistan choosed to move away from that then it will find a lot of friends in NATO and US and will not have to move to SCO. The whole reason for the GHQ directive to go to Russia and China has all to do with only the fact that Pakistan is trying to show US that it has options. What it fails is that even though these capitals will meet Pakistan but what does Paksitan bring to them? This enemy of enemy is my friend thingy does not work anymore in this world which is so closely interdependent economically and commercially and the US, EU, and India are an integral part of it.

Pakistan needs to look from its non-Pakistan army glasses. The world changed while the military glasses have been on!

I like SCO; SCO maintains a power balance in global affairs.

Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is an intergovernmental mutual-security organisation.

But for Pakistan this is not a good time to join any power bloc.

First Pakistan need to fix some of it’s economic problems and also other internal problems, I think only after that they should consider this issue.

What will be the impact if Pakistan joins SCO now?

Directly or indirectly it will impact Turkey Pakistan ties, Turkey being a NATO member it will force them to reduce some corporation with Pakistan.

Also Pakistan operates American military products, do you think US will be happy about Pakistan joining another power bloc?

Pakistan needs to get European Union Trade concessions, to increase its exports; also currently Pakistan inviting investors from European Union (for more info see the Pakistani pm’s visit to France) do you think EU will be happy about Pakistan joining another power bloc?

Pakistan needs strong economic ties with Japan & South Korea, also currently Japan & South Korea provides financial assistance to Pakistan, we all know Japan & South Korea maintains strategic relations with US, do you think Japan & South Korea will be happy about Pakistan joining another power bloc?

Now Let’s think about Pakistan GCC relations, all GCC members maintains strong ties with US & EU, all GCC members operates American military products and also European military products. What will be the reaction from GCC if Pakistan joins another power bloc?

I hope Islamabad won’t join any power bloc for now, Now Islamabad needs to safe guard its economic interest’s first then any other issue, let’s fix the economy first friends…

Sir,is not so simple in international politics.

i think once pakistan join SCO , it will be easier for india to explore it's options to join NATO..

What use is joining NATO. What can India not achieve without joining it. India needs to join more trade blocs. I would prioritize ASEAN over anything like NATO. Blocs work only for the boss of it and not for the members. Russia realizes it, Brazil does too, South Africa is in the same boat and so is India. Make agressive commerce rather than blocs. That will bring prosperity. And unlike what some other say, there is no honor in poverty!

i think once pakistan join SCO , it will be easier for india to explore it's options to join NATO..

NATO? On what grounds? Does the Atlantic ocean or its related seas touch any of India's shores?

What use is joining NATO? What can India not achieve without joining it. India needs to join more trade blocs. I would prioritize ASEAN over anything like NATO. Blocs work only for the boss of it and not for the members. Russia realizes it, Brazil does too, South Africa is in the same boat and so is India. Make agressive commerce rather than blocs. That will bring prosperity. And unlike what some other say, there is no honor in poverty!

don't worry , whenever india decided to join , ammendments will be made..

I agree completely.

They will call it the North Atlantic Treaty Organization with One Country in the Indian Ocean.

Or NATOOCIO.

I agree completely.

They will call it the North Atlantic Treaty Organization with One Country in the Indian Ocean.

Or NATOOCIO.

let's not worry about it...

anyway , let us enlighten when you going to complete the formalities of make pakistan a permanent member of SCO since russia has also JUST announce it..
pakistan PM coming to china for a long 14 day visit !!

I don't this that's very likely. SCO has been around for a while, but China and Russia started BRICS. What is their priority in case there is a conflict between the two? Which alliance is more important? If they are both important, then neither one is important.

Like I said, the only alliance that matters is a binding military alliance. Everything else is just silly.

This is an era of change, what change? New international order, to international economic, political and military-based.

His influence is long term. In the beginning, the so-called BRIC countries, but a Goldman Sachs speculation for international speculative capital. Later, as the needs of emerging countries, it began to become a loose joint, with the power of emerging countries to strengthen They need more voices. South Africa is a symbol for the new accession countries in the new international economic order. from a pure investment good reputation Group, the Group started to become more closely BRIC emerging national groups, the target for international economic order.

SCO, too, from the beginning to the present, to the future, according to internal and external environment changes, the organization will also change. Some things are changing. The organization will begin to have some real things in the political and military alliance. Although still takes time, and it also is not a must, if the new changes, this trend may change again, all things are can change, sir.

Or, you think, you think to join the SCO is just a trivial matter. You know, China is always open for Pakistan to join the SCO, but Russia does not agree, because the voice of India, as Russia has significant interests in India, little interest and Pakistan. So Russia will not be a trivial matter to offend india. This happened in the past ten years, why change? Because Russia think interests of Pakistan "will" began more than India, what it means, friends ? Some things are changing. For those changes, the SCO will also be some changes.

It is possible. I think it is almost sure.

Why the defeatist attitude? It's our incompetant and money-hungry leaders that make it seem like a curse, Pakistan has the ability to become a major econoomic player on the world stage once we get a decent leader who will educate the masses.

Zardari needs to be removed asap!

Weren't Faisal Shehzad and Afia Siddiqui educated enough. In fact some members of the retarded Hizb-ut-Tehrir group are actually Very educated. Education hardly curbs down terrorism. Blaming Zardari for every ill in Pakistan is just an easy way to out isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom