What's new

Russia hails Pakistan’s SCO bid

i m not imagining,check ur post list,u strongly said..
india is alone..where as pakistan is with china and usa

Yes, Pakistan's main allies at the moment are China and the USA.

That is just a fact.

I don't know what you are talking about? LOL. :P

Quite some development. The only doubt I have is whether Russia will go through this plan to the end, and if Pakistan backs out due to certain pressures. Also, another question which I have is, if by any chance Russia is trying to push India into a corner by announcing such agreements, so that to check whether India is really moving away from them. This can be a possibility, no?

Times are changing buddy. :tup:

Russia doesn't like the USA and NATO. That is their biggest concern at the moment.

Perhaps they are worried that India seems to be more USA-friendly these days.

Flawed analysis .

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/85411-russia-garner-support-indias-entry-sco.html

Russia has been lobbying for Indian membership in SCO since last year .

India is playing its cards right .

I will repeat again SCO is not a military bloc like NATO .

My request is please stop bringing India into Russia -Pak threads.

Anybody who thinks Russia will abandon India for Pak is being naive .Just wait for Zardari to leave Russia and wait fot the next meeting between Indian and Russian leaders. You will know what i am talking about.

Anybody who thinks Russia will abandon India for Pak is being naive .Just wait for Zardari to leave Russia and wait fot the next meeting between Indian and Russian leaders. You will know what i am talking about.

I don't think they are going to "abandon" anyone.

But Russia is a country, just like any other. Russia's main worry... is about the USA and NATO. If it serves their interest to become more friendly with Pakistan, they will do so. And they seem to be doing just that.

Do you really think it's a good idea to have BOTH India and Pakistan in the SCO? Who wants two members that will always be fighting with each other?

China+Russia will support Pakistan's entry. If India joins, there will be constant arguments, that will grind all efficiency to a halt.

Russia opens Afghanistan supply route for US - Telegraph

You obviously have no idea about politics do you ?

Russia is on the same side as the West on Afghanistan . Russia along with India and Iran has been rabidly anti Taliban since the 90s itself and we were together supporting the Northern alliance
( I hope you know what that was) against the Taliban which was supported by your brothers from another mother i.e the Pakistanis . Russians have faced hell of a lot of terror from Chechen terrorists who also received training in Afghanistan under Taliban rule in the 90s.

SCO is not a military bloc it was never meant to be , so its membership is nothing like NATO.

Have you ever thought of Russia and China 'anticipating' the withdrawal of America and that India is actually prolonging the American stay by playing ball with the Americans in the region? What Russians did was not only a kick on the backside to India, but also signify it's growing intent that Russia wants to secure its routes into the ME as well as Africa for future energy,resource and business needs. The opening of the supply route for the U.S. is merely a tap controlled by Russia, they can open it just as easily as they can close it. Moreover the route was meant to be a supply route for their drone campaign. Would Russia still consider access for the Americans when pakistan becomes an ally and a member of the SCO? :azn:

So basically China-Russia wants to see Pakistan and the ME stabilized.
All three members wants to better ties and cooperation to counter terrorism and securing eachother's mutual interests.
Also the less influence NATO has in the region the better it is for Asia.

SCO isn't a military bloc, but if anyone attacks members of the SCO, I am pretty sure it will bring about unwanted consequences. Dare NATO attack anyone of them? I don't think they would.

I don't think they are going to "abandon" anyone.

But Russia is a country, just like any other. Russia's main worry... is about the USA and NATO. If it serves their interest to become more friendly with Pakistan, they will do so. And they seem to be doing just that.

Do you really think it's a good idea to have BOTH India and Pakistan in the SCO? Who wants two members that will always be fighting with each other?

China+Russia will support Pakistan's entry. If India joins, there will be constant arguments, that will grind all efficiency to a halt.

if both china and russia supports pakistan entry into SCO , then please give a reason atleast why pakistan still not a member...what is the hurdle !!

if both china and russia supports pakistan entry into SCO , then please give a reason atleast why pakistan still not a member...what is the hurdle !!

These things doesn't happen in an instance. They will still need to talk amongst other SCO members. However the main players of SCO are China and Russia. They both nodded their heads now. Who is there to say no? Just give it some time then you will see.

LOL, Russia announced it JUST now.

Don't be so impatient, look at the date of the article. :lol:

just announced ?
you think such matter are decided JUST on one day , without previous dialoges , even with other permanent members of the SCO ?

just announced ?
you think such matter are decided JUST on one day , without previous dialoges , even with other permanent members of the SCO ?

CD meant that Russia gave its backing to Pakistan. When both China and Russia is in favour, then it's pretty much a done deal. Now we only need to wait for formality sake.

CD meant that Russia gave its backing to Pakistan. When both China and Russia is in favour, then it's pretty much a done deal. Now we only need to wait for formality sake.

ok , how much time you think to complete these formalities , two day , a week , months , years ? it not going to happened ,

for the reasons :

pakistan himself will not join SCO coz pakistan still like to be on the side of USA , even it was advertised that SCO is not a militry alliance but US thinks otherise...can pakistan afford to helt all defence corporations with US , can pakistan afford to put their F-16 into hangers due to unavailibilty of US support...

Have you ever thought of Russia and China 'anticipating' the withdrawal of America and that India is actually prolonging the American stay by playing ball with the Americans in the region? What Russians did was not only a kick on the backside to India, but also signify it's growing intent that Russia wants to secure its routes into the ME as well as Africa for future energy,resource and business needs. The opening of the supply route for the U.S. is merely a tap controlled by Russia, they can open it just as easily as they can close it. Moreover the route was meant to be a supply route for their drone campaign. Would Russia still consider access for the Americans when pakistan becomes an ally and a member of the SCO? :azn:

So basically China-Russia wants to see Pakistan and the ME stabilized.
All three members wants to better ties and cooperation to counter terrorism and securing eachother's mutual interests.
Also the less influence NATO has in the region the better it is for Asia.

SCO isn't a military bloc, but if anyone attacks members of the SCO, I am pretty sure it will bring about unwanted consequences. Dare NATO attack anyone of them? I don't think they would.

You just don't want to understand do you ? Even after i posted that link .

Its your dream to see Russia give India a kick on its backside . The day Russia forms a military relationship with Pakistan similar to that of India , that day i will believe your juvenile kick theory . Till then sorry it is just a dream .

About SCO , Well lets see if ever a conflict breaks out between USA and Pakistan or Pakistan and India if Russia would be willing to attack USA or Indian forces . People who know international politics know this idea is nothing but funny but you can believe it if you want , it won't change the ground reality . USA and Russia have vastly improved their relations however a few issues remain but they are no enemies anymore.

I won't be debating with you anymore because you have resorted to assumption and childish kick theories since you could not prove your point any other way.

Just to give you a little idea that this is 2011 and not 1985 , here -

Bulgaria: US Paves Way for Russia's WTO Accession - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency

Moscow says U.S. had right to kill bin Laden | Russia | RIA Novosti

Russia to Widen NATO's Afghan Supply Routes - WSJ.com

Cold war is over buddy , you need to read a lot more about the developments since then . I am out of this .

Back
Top Bottom