What's new

Russia denies stealth technology transfer to China for J-20 fighter

But when it comes to the US, we cannot develop anything, we only 'stole' from the Germans from the end of WW II, or we gain from the intellectual prowess of 'foreigners'. The denial of this possibility is not from objective thinking but out of sheer nationalist pride.
u r not yank, stop pretending !! i guess u r call Chinese or asian dude in ur community, am i right?

u r not yank, stop pretending !! i guess u r call Chinese or asian dude in ur community, am i right?

nope hes a 100% pureblooded redneck american that happens to have yellow skin.

real vietnamese should hate these fools as they helped americans gas them like the Nazis gassed the Jews.

What makes you say this bro?

What technologies does US, Europe have and Russia doesn't? Specially in Defense and Space sector?

Forgot about arms race and space race between USSR and America? Although USSR is no more but the scientists and the industries still have the capabilities and technologies. They're just cash strapped that's all.

US - 5th generation fighter engine as in the F-119. Russia is only now making a nuclear SSN equivalent to the US Seawolf SSN that came out in 1997.

Europe - Better tanks such as the German Leopard. Superior radar systems such as the radar on the British Type-45 destroyer, the likes of which the Russians can currently dream of. Also Russia cannot compete with the likes of Rolls-Royce and Snecma when it comes to jet engines.

China will like to reach the level of the Europeans by the end of this decade and then concentrate on catching up with the US after that.

Sorry but the puny Russian economy, coupled with it's lack of civilan technology will make it impossible for Russian to compete with China.

Transfer of technology from the MiG 1.44 to the J-20 in not necessary to have only happened via stealing. people don't need to assume the worst. Perhaps Chendu employed former MiG engineers who have previously worked on MiG 1.44.
That has always been known. Dozens of Russian experts were hired by China after Soviet Union went under. In fact, not just Russia, but other former Soviet states. There were photos of Russians working at CAC that were published.

errrr..i have to admit russia is still advanced than china in many aspects.

we have a idiom:a starved camel is still bigger than horse.

agree... at least in next decade, in military. and we need to express our gratitude to the russian as we have learned a lot from them.
it is a great country no matter China is stronger or not.

US - 5th generation fighter engine as in the F-119.

When Item 129 engine is ready in 4 years, it will be 20% more powerful then F-119,:woot: and please don't respond back with F-135, becasue it cannot supercruse so its not a true 5th generation engine.

https://russiandefpolicy.wordpress.com/tag/item-129/

Russia is only now making a nuclear SSN equivalent to the US Seawolf SSN that came out in 1997

The only reason Russia lagged in Submarine develeopemt with the US, was becasue of lack of funding in the 90s, but all that has changed the Yasen SSN is match to Seawolf SSN and Borei SSBN is superior to Ohio SSBN, Ohh and one question where is China's equivalent to the US Seawolf, ohh yea I forgot their isnt any :lol:

Europe - Better tanks such as the German Leopard.

When the T-95 rolls out in 2014, it leave every other tank in the dust.

Superior radar systems such as the radar on the British Type-45 destroyer, the likes of which the Russians can currently dream of.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...0-corvettes-will-equipped-new-aesa-radar.html

051748186_OLS_AFAR_122_36lo.jpg

Any more questions?:D

Also Russia cannot compete with the likes of Rolls-Royce and Snecma when it comes to jet engines.

Hey I got a question for you, can you please tell me the name of the European 5th generation engine program, if will help a lot if you do.:whistle:

China will like to reach the level of the Europeans by the end of this decade and then concentrate on catching up with the US after that.

Too bad Russia is already above Eroupe on a lot of area's and matches the US in others. :pop:

Sorry but the puny Russian economy, coupled with it's lack of civilan technology will make it impossible for Russian to compete with China.

:lol: at the end of this decade, Russia will have the Largets European economy, and world 5th Largest soo puny i think not:disagree:

I don't believe this news,the military exchange between china and russia is much wider and deeper than most people think,however russian rather keep it quiet for their own reason .how can they explain to the country like india and vietnam? "hey,we are helping your biggest threat against you ,hope you can understand that......"? it will only bring more trouble on themselves

When Item 129 engine is ready in 4 years, it will be 20% more powerful then F-119,:woot: and please don't respond back with F-135, becasue it cannot supercruse so its not a true 5th generation engine.

https://russiandefpolicy.wordpress.com/tag/item-129/
F119 was ready for service in 1991 at the conclusion of ATF competition. Essentially what you're telling me is that Russians will need several more years to surpass a 20 years old engine. Of course, that is assuming that Americans stood still for the past two decades, which sure as hell isn't the case. They have vastly more financial and human resources than Russia at their disposal.

The only reason Russia lagged in Submarine develeopemt with the US, was becasue of lack of funding in the 90s, but all that has changed the Yasen SSN is match to Seawolf SSN and Borei SSBN is superior to Ohio SSBN, Ohh and one question where is China's equivalent to the US Seawolf, ohh yea I forgot their isnt any :lol:
When your Yasen is equipped with pumpjet propulsion, you can then compare it with Seawolf. Of course, we know we lag behind United States by a wide margin and don't compare our subs with Seawolf or Ohio, unlike you.

When the T-95 rolls out in 2014, it leave every other tank in the dust.
You meant your cancelled project that will never become reality?

Russia Cancels Arms Programs

Not all AESA are created the same. Just because you have one does not mean it is as capable as SAMPSON. In fact, electronics/radar in Russia had always lagged behind the West, even more so after the collapse of USSR.

Hey I got a question for you, can you please tell me the name of the European 5th generation engine program, if will help a lot if you do.:whistle:
Simply because they do not have the political will to pull such program together, does not mean they don't have the technical means. In fact, wide range of contractors from Europe are participating in the F-35 program.

Too bad Russia is already above Eroupe on a lot of area's and matches the US in others. :pop:
Pure delusion

:lol: at the end of this decade, Russia will have the Largets European economy, and world 5th Largest soo puny i think not:disagree:
Heh, go read some economic projection once in a while.

Look it hardly matters what articals you post as everyone knows that Russia is helping China with their defence sector and fooling India for quite a some time.
Don't know who should I appreciate for this China's smartness or our stupidness?:hitwall:
But still Russia is lossing a big piece of India's defence market and I hope this will continue happening in the future.

Look it hardly matters what articals you post as everyone knows that Russia is helping China with their defence sector and fooling India for quite a some time.Don't know who should I appreciate for this China's smartness or our stupidness?:hitwall:
But still Russia is lossing a big piece of India's defence market and I hope this will continue happening in the future.

I think it was the opposite in the reality, Russia selling India the superior Su-30MKI compared to China's Su-30MKK.

China quickly learnt how to build by itself, whereas India simply can't, so you can't really blame them for your own incompetence.

I think it was the opposite in the reality, Russia selling India the superior Su-30MKI compared to China's Su-30MKK.

China quickly learnt how to build by itself, whereas India can't, so you can't really blame them for your own incompetence.

That's a wrong statement to make. China ordered Su-30MKK for its naval aviation units as a strike platform. Therefore, special requests were made to strengthen the airframe in order for it to carry greater payload. Because of the added weight, MKK is actually quite clumbersome compared to others in the Flanker family. On the other hand, India's MKI was meant as an air superiority aircraft, and their configuration was altered accordingly. It's not as simple as A > B. You're comparing apples to oranges.

China quickly learnt how to build by itself, whereas India can't, so you can't really blame them for your own incompetence.

For Your Information

Russia Never sold India Superior aircraft SU 30MKI they helped us integrate Isreali and French technology in SU 30M to make it MKI....

The Su-30MKI was jointly designed by Russia's Sukhoi Corporation and India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).[14] The MKI's airframe evolved from that of the Sukhoi Su-27 while most of the avionics were developed by India.[15] The Su-30MKI is more advanced than the basic Su-30MK, the Chinese Su-30MKK/MK2, and the Malaysian Su-30MKM.[16] The aircraft features state of the art avionics developed by Russia, India and Israel which includes display, navigation, targeting and electronic warfare systems.[17] Other key avionics used in the aircraft were sourced from France and South Africa.[18]

That's a wrong statement to make. China ordered Su-30MKK for its naval aviation units as a strike platform. Therefore, special requests were made to strengthen the airframe in order for it to carry greater payload. Because of the added weight, MKK is actually quite clumbersome compared to others in the Flanker family. On the other hand, India's MKI was meant as an air superiority aircraft, and their configuration was altered accordingly. It's not as simple as A > B. You're comparing apples to oranges.

I may not give a good comparison, but it doesn't mean my statement was invalid.

Back
Top Bottom