What's new

Russia confirms spy drone deal with Israel

adir

BANNED
Reaction score
MOSCOW, April 10 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Defense Ministry has signed a deal with an Israeli company to buy several unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), a Russian deputy defense minister said on Friday.
"We have closed a deal with an Israeli company on the delivery of a range of UAVs," said Vladimir Popovkin, who is responsible for military procurements.
The Russian business paper Kommersant reported on Tuesday that a contract signed with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) envisioned the purchase of the Bird-Eye 400 mini-UAV (weight - 5kg, range - 10 km), I-view MK150 tactical UAV (160 kg, 100 km), and Searcher Mk II medium-range UAV (426 kg, 250 km).
The Russian military stressed the need to provide its Armed Forces with advanced means of battlefield reconnaissance in the wake of a brief military conflict with Georgia last August, when the effectiveness of Russian military operations was severely hampered by the lack of reliable intelligence.
The Russian Air Force has launched a number of UAV development programs for various purposes. Air Force Commander, Col. Gen. Alexander Zelin said last year that Russia would deploy advanced unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) with a flight range of up to 400 kilometers (250 miles) and a flight duration capability of up to 12 hours by 2011.
However, Russian defense companies, including the MiG corporation, the Russian Helicopters and the Vega Radio Engineering Corp., have failed so far to provide the military with effective spy drones.
Popovkin said that buying foreign spy drones was a temporary measure, and the purchases were designed "to show our industry what it [a spy drone] is."
"We will rely on our own equipment to fight wars," he said.
According to various estimates, the Russian military needs up to 100 UAVs and at least 10 guidance systems to ensure effective battlefield reconnaissance in case of any military conflict

Also israel-russia agree to to develop a new UAV that have air to ground missiles
:sniper:

Last edited:
Well i think that in every military deal israel ask usa first.I think that usa want russia to sanction iran soo they want that thier will be more good friendship and this is example of a good friendship

I can see obama pointing fingers now
You gave them levi ,
You gave them phalcon
You have them now UAV

What next ? F-35

I wonder why russians could not come up with the technology

How good are these drones vs US drones is it the same company that makes both ?

Well i think that in every military deal israel ask usa first.I think that usa want russia to sanction iran soo they want that thier will be more good friendship and this is example of a good friendship

You gave them levi ,
You gave them phalcon
You have them now UAV

What next ? F-35

You gave them levi ,to china and israel today sorry about that
You gave them phalcon,only to india and we ask usa first
You have them now UAV -we sell to alot of countrys and as i said it before we asked usa first.

I can see obama pointing fingers now
You gave them levi ,
You gave them phalcon
You have them now UAV

What next ? F-35

already obama is not happy with israel,but it will not make a difference

Good for Israeli business, but a sad tale of the decline in Russian military production. The Russians were the innovators and now they are pretty much lagging behind most progressive militaries in terms of basic things. Force projection, ISR etc. all continue to be gaping holes in Russian military capabilities.

israel mini uav

hermes

Heron UAV
getAsset.aspx

etan uav
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_U54NM9QE5VY/S4It7WVun6I/AAAAAAAAKB4/hzC96WGVzBc/s640/heron-uav.jpg

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/aircraft/uav/harpy/harpy_b.jpg

Or was it a deal to encourage Russia not to ship the S300 to Iran?

Back
Top Bottom