What's new

Russia completes delivery of second S-400 missile system regimental set to China

HalfMoon

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
This is for the Indians who were jumping up and down that Russia has stopped the delivery of S-400s to China. The below news confirms that all deliveries to China have already been completed over 6 months ago itself.

26 JAN, 20:48
Russia completes delivery of second S-400 missile system regimental set to China - source
The handover certificate was signed in December
1250285.jpg

S-400
© Sergei Malgavko/TASS
MOSCOW, January 27. /TASS/. Russia has concluded delivery of a second S-400 Triumf (Triumph) missile system regimental set to China via maritime transport, the handover certificate was signed in December in China, a military diplomatic source told TASS on Monday.

"Delivery of a second S-400 regimental set consisting of two divisions of launch devices, radiolocation stations, energy and service equipment, spare parts and instruments to China has been completed. The client also received more than 120 advanced anti-aircraft guided missiles of two types," the source said.

The source also clarified that the S-400 handover certificate was signed in China in December 2019. "After the moment of signing, the contract provision on 18-month guarantee service of the equipment by the Russian side came into force," TASS was told.

The source added that all the shipments were delivered to China by a few vessels. The first maritime transport ship headed to China in July 2019.
10 САМЫХ НЕОБЫЧНЫХ ДОМОВ В МИРЕ

01:51

00:15 / 09:40
Copy video url
Play / Pause
Mute / Unmute
Report a problem
Language
Mox Player

TASS does not have an official confirmation of the information provided.

S-400 contract with China
China became the first foreign buyer of Russia’s most advanced S-400 Triumph surface-to-air missile systems. Russia signed a contract with China on the delivery of two regimental sets of S-400 in 2014.

The first regimental set of S-400 was delivered to China in the spring of 2018. The Chinese military successfully test-fired the missile launchers and hit an aerodynamic and a ballistic target.

S-400 Triumph (NATO reporting name: SA-21 Growler) is the latest long-and medium-range surface-to-air missile system that went into service in 2007. It is designed to destroy aircraft, cruise and ballistic missiles, and can also be used against ground installations. The S-400 can engage targets at a distance of up to 400 km and at an altitude of up to 30 km under intensive enemy fire and jamming.

Russia’s state armament program stipulates the purchase of 56 S-400 battalions by 2020, which will allow rearming 28 Russian two-battalion surface-to-air missile regiments. By now, the Russian Army has deployed 53 S-400 battalions in 23 regiments and two training centers.

Russia has signed delivery contracts for S-400 systems with China, Turkey (the deliveries began on July 12) and India (the deliveries are expected in late 2020).

https://tass.com/world/1113113

It appears buying S-400s by the Chinese was a very prudent move in hindsight. They definitely expected the Indians to purchase them too, so signing the contract in 2014 gave them a 4-5 year head start. Besides adding to the overall defensive capability, the S-400 will be an excellent system to train against PLAAF aircraft. Indeed, I'm sure if the US could get its hands on the S-400, it most certainly would. If war breaks out between China and India, I really don't think the S-400 would be very effective due to the tactics gained by the PLAAF on countering this system.

It appears buying S-400s by the Chinese was a very prudent move in hindsight. They definitely expected the Indians to purchase them too, so signing the contract in 2014 gave them a 4-5 year head start. Besides adding to the overall defensive capability, the S-400 will be an excellent system to train against PLAAF aircraft. Indeed, I'm sure if the US could get its hands on the S-400, it most certainly would. If war breaks out between China and India, I really don't think the S-400 would be very effective due to the tactics gained by the PLAAF on countering this system.

Yes Indeed.

In fact Russia offered S-400 system to both China and India at the same time in 2014.

Modi in his infinite wisdom decided that he would not buy them until 2018, the year when China started receiving the deliveries and started testing them in China.

Modi is truly Allah's (swt) gift to China and Pakistan.

Indeed, I'm sure if the US could get its hands on the S-400, it most certainly would. If war breaks out between China and India, I really don't think the S-400 would be very effective due to the tactics gained by the PLAAF on countering this system.

I am sure US has got access to S-400 tech through Turkey.

dono taraf say kama raha hai russia

Same as US, France etc.

But Russia gives preference to China over India.

Indian Defence minister was in Russia recently begging to expedite the S-400 deliveries but Russia did not entertain any such requests.

Indian s-400 will not be ready until 2025.

Can't the mighty Chinese defense industry develop an S-400 equivalent system? Or they buying these systems to copy?
Russia is the undisputed SAM system leader IMO ... I think they are likely to retain this edge over everyone for the foreseeable future. I definitely see the Chinese incorporating some of the S-400s technologies into their own HQ-9 series SAMs ... if anything they are in the process of doing so right now. Besides, buying the latest Russian SAMs knowing would be very good OpFor practice too. I wish the US would also purchase the S-400 for this same purpose. It is very good practice to see how your air force goes up against the best SAM system in the world and develop the appropriate tactics to confront them.

I wonder, what is going to happen to older S-300s? Can countries pick them up at bargain prices?

This is a 7 month old news. Russia suspended the deliveres and training of s400 to China after February 2020.

OriginalRussia: Suspended delivery of S400 missiles to China! The reason is very heartwarming

https://m.sohu.com/a/376716211_100185072/?pvid=000115_3w_a
This is old news too. The Russians only suspended the delivery for the first weeks of February because the coronavirus had just popped up in China at that time. Delivery resumed afterwards because the virus subsided there.

Indians are some of the dumbest most gullible people on the planet. They will believe pretty much anything you tell them but will never try to verify if it’s true
The names of the 56 Chinese generals killed in the Galwan standoff broadcasted on Indian television pretty much encapsulates this point. Thank goodness Nepal banned this cancerous media from spreading lies in their own country. Indian media makes American MSNBC or Breitbart look like Pulitzer award winning category publications.

This is old news too. The Russians only suspended the delivery for the first weeks of February because the coronavirus had just popped up in China at that time. Delivery resumed afterwards because the virus subsided there.
Do you have a link to the news article .. which claimed the deliveres have resumed?

Do you have a link to the news article .. which claimed the deliveres have resumed?

Read the OP.

China contracted bought two and received both by December 2019

"Delivery of a second S-400 regimental set consisting of two divisions of launch devices, radiolocation stations, energy and service equipment, spare parts and instruments to China has been completed. The client also received more than 120 advanced anti-aircraft guided missiles of two types," the source said.

The source also clarified that the S-400 handover certificate was signed in China in December 2019. "After the moment of signing, the contract provision on 18-month guarantee service of the equipment by the Russian side came into force," TASS was told.

Read the OP.

China contracted bought two and received both by December 2019

Wrong, China payed for 6 Batteries of S400 equivalent to 3 regiments .

This 7 month old news tell us about completion of deliveres of Second regiment.

Delivery of 3rd regiment has been suspended.

Back
Top Bottom